PDA

View Full Version : syllables ending before actual midi note ends on playback

alligatorlizard
04-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Hi,

When playing through wordbuilder from midi keyboard, all is fine - if playing legato one note follows on from the next, with no gap inbetween. However, playback the recorded midi data, and all the syllables sound disjointed - on closer analysis, it seems each syllable ends just a fraction before the end of the midi note hence resulting in an unnatural gap between them. This is making it impossible to record anything - play it on keyboard, fine, playback the resulting midi data (or data drawn in by hand) and suddenly there's a gap between each syllable... it's almost like it's reading ahead, and stopping just short of the note off position for some reason?

I'm using cubase 5 - any sugestions/explanations much appreciated!

alligatorlizard
04-07-2009, 04:46 AM
have investigated more - this probelm only happens if tempo track used in cubase. leave tempo as fixed and the problem goes away. not that this helps me, as i need the tempo track for various changes in tempo, but it might give some clue as to the problem?

incidentally, i did wonder if it was playing everything back at 120bpm or something, but this doesn't seem to be the case - set fixed tempo at 120, fine - set tempo track at 120, syllables end before midi notes! ditto for any tempo.