PDA

View Full Version : New Symphonic Choirs/WordBuilder PLAY Edition tutorials

Doug Rogers
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
There are 3 new Symphonic Choirs/WordBuilder PLAY Edition tutorials available now here -

http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Choirs-PLAY-Edition-pr-EW-182.html

persentio
04-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks Doug! (And Nick)

Elffin
04-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks - this should be really helpful - should give prepare me well for Choirs on its arrival :)

Polarity
04-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Thankyou!

so these new tutorials substitute completely the old ones?
Or the ones for Native version are still useful to learn something?
(luckily I downloaded them all last month...)

Nick Phoenix
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
The new ones replace the old. They have all the same info and more.

Polarity
04-08-2009, 11:47 AM
ok, thanks again :)

Denny S.
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Great, I really love your tutorials! Gotta watch these tonight. :)

Muziksculp
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Than You for the video tutorials !

I have Wordbuilder Question,

Since Wordbuilder is a separate application, and not yet integrated into SC GUI, I was wondering if it is possible to run Wordbuilder on a Mac (Standalone), and have SC (PLAY) on a PC. then trigger SC (standalone) on the PC via WB on the Mac ? Is this possible ? or do both WB and SC have to be installed on one computer ?

lacibe
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey Doug and Nick!

Thank you for the tutorials!
The audio of the first two gets stuck around 11:50... The third is ok all the way through...
What could be the problem? (I have got the mpg4 files)

laci

Benedict Nichols
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey Doug and Nick!

Thank you for the tutorials!
The audio of the first two gets stuck around 11:50... The third is ok all the way through...
What could be the problem? (I have got the mpg4 files)

laci

worked fine for me. try downloading them again?

kenrinc
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Muziksculp,

Don't mean to be overly anal about this but you really should post these questions in the support section of SC where they belong.

Yes you can trigger SC running on a PC from Wordbuilder running on a Mac. Doesn't matter where they are running but it's up to you to do the midi and audio routing.

Ken-

Muziksculp
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks kenrinc !

Please excuse me for posting here, instead of the SC support section, I know it belongs there, keeps things nice, and tidy on this forum. No roblemo amigo :)

Denny S.
04-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Wow, I'm pretty impressed of how deep and rich it sounds with the Dark Abbey CR preset! Voices of the Apocalypse sounds pretty impressive as well, makes me wonder if you can finaly create choirs that come close to the London Symphony with this expansion.

Artep
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
These tutorials are excellent.

Sonare Coeli
04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
The tutorials are great - I was really wanting to see how it ran in general.

Your latin pronunciation needs a little work though ;)

paulwr
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Than You for the video tutorials !

I have Wordbuilder Question,

Since Wordbuilder is a separate application, and not yet integrated into SC GUI, I was wondering if it is possible to run Wordbuilder on a Mac (Standalone), and have SC (PLAY) on a PC. then trigger SC (standalone) on the PC via WB on the Mac ? Is this possible ? or do both WB and SC have to be installed on one computer ?

WordBuilder is just making decisions about how to send midi out. If you are, say, on MidiOverLan to get into your pc slave, the midi ought to wind up being exactly the same out of a Mac or a PC. Your slave will be seeing the same midi data, and then sending back the audio via your sound card.

WordBuilder communicates to your Choir sopranos, altos, tenors, basses, boys "Multi's" in Kontakt or Kompakt, via midi. Doesn't matter which platform has done the computing to issue the midi instructions.

-Paul

Muziksculp
04-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks Paul. All is clear now.

Question...

Let's say I wanted to run SC (PLAY) as a standalone application, on the same computer as my DAW, Cubase 5) on a Mac Pro 8 core, and also launch a standalone instance of WB, so, now I have three application running simultaneously on my Mac Pro (Cubase 5, SC-PLAY, WB).

Is it possible to use WB to trigger the proper midi notes of the standalone instance of SC-PLAY (how is midi from WB to SC on the same Mac), could OSX - IAC be used for the midi communication ? or .... ?

I'm guessing that I could then route the audio of the standalone version of SC-PLAY to Cubase 5 via something like (soundflower) or ... ?

I'm aware that the normal method/more direct method is to use SC-PLAY as a plug-in VST, and use WB as a midi-Plug in to trigger the proper sounds of SC that I type in WB's interface, when using Cubase 5, but just wanted to know if this alternative method will work ?

Cheers.

P.S. Sorry.... I should have posted this question on the SC section. I guess I got a bit carried away.

lacibe
04-10-2009, 06:07 AM
The new ones replace the old. They have all the same info and more.

Hi Nick,

I did not see in the browser of SC you used in the tutorial the Demon and the Angel patches from VOTA... Or are the men choir samples the Demons and the women the Angels? :confused:

laci