PDA

View Full Version : Complete Composers Collection PLAY Edition

hybra
04-08-2009, 01:18 AM
hi all,
is it for sale finally? If I go to www.soundsonline-europe.com cannot find it with the price in euro...any news?
thanks

Pietro
04-08-2009, 02:34 AM
You see the big "Coming April 10!" banner on the front page? ;)

- Piotr

Harzmusic
04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
On the Bestservice page the price is already written. it says 1369€.
Now I've taken all the excitement away Huahaha ;-)
Look here (http://bestservice.de/detail.asp/en/plug_ins_vi_ethnic_voices/complete_composer_collection_play_edition/753200a84p132p177p249)

Pietro
04-08-2009, 07:17 AM
On the Bestservice page the price is already written. it says 1369€.
Now I've taken all the excitement away Huahaha ;-)

That's compared to 2500€ if you buy them separately ;).

- Piotr

hybra
04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
on harmony central it says 1195€...

http://messe.harmony-central.com/Musikmesse09/article/EastWest/EASTWEST-Introduces-the-EASTWEST-Quantum-Leap-Complete-Composers-Collection-PLAY-Edition

james 7275
04-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I think most people here like myself already own all of what's included with the CCC.

Well at least I'll have the option to buy just the gold pianos or maybe Play Pro if that's available.

lacibe
04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Doug,

Can we expect a crossgrade prise also from Bos.290 NI to the Pianos Gold?

laci

interpolate
04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
It seems like a good deal, although how much space will be needed for all of that - I should work that out at some point. I reckon at least 200Gb at least though.

Magnazeon
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Can we expect a crossgrade prise also from Bos.290 NI to the Pianos Gold?

Thats a good question!
I would buy that if the price are "nice".

Ciao mag'

williammorgan
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
How many doubloons is that in American dollars?

Harzmusic
04-09-2009, 03:19 AM
1.500$ to 1.800$. (depends on which price you´re calculating with)

Mafiagranny
04-09-2009, 05:28 AM
The Complete Composer's Collection Play shall be $1,495.00 :)

stabsteer
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Does it come with all the boxes as well, just like you bought them separately, or are all the discs thrown into 1 big box?

Doug Rogers
04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
One package (see graphic), the main difference with this version is you can "customize the contents" provided you order from the US soundsonline.com site only (we can't do this from the European site or through dealers, their CCC content is fixed).

Cheers,

- DR

GtrJazz
04-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Will Silk ever be included in the Package?

Djoule
04-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Will Silk ever be included in the Package?

that would be great !!

peter5992
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
This is a great deal if you were considering getting EW libraries for some time and now want to take the big leap.

Caution for Europeans who are considering getting the customized package from the US website: be aware that in addition to the list price, you'll have to add import duties, and VAT on top of all that (including shipping) - all of which will make it considerably more expensive. Rates vary from country to country.

james 7275
04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
What about buying the gold pianos by themself? I purposely held off on buying the pianos during the promotion so I could wait and buy this one.

james 7275
04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Nevermind ,I now see the Gold pianos are selling for $349

emeinrath
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry Doug but all such a mystery just for a marketing release...
Pfff really disappointed here man!:(

Specially for me who owns already most of your products.

Ernst

hybra
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
If I buy the customized CCC from the US site I assume VAT for Italy should be +20%, and what should be the shipping fee?
But, Doug, isn't the customized version ever coming for european customers?

Thank you

lacibe
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Sorry Doug but all such a mystery just for a marketing release...
Pfff really disappointed here man!:(

Specially for me who owns already most of your products.

Ernst

Come on...!
It kept the core forumers excited and unified... :D

In my secret dreams I some times dared to think that it would be Forbidden Planet though...
hhhhhoo :rolleyes: ... but maybe EW will repeat it then too... :)

Xplora
04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
CCC Play looks absolutely fantastic.

If you're not happy with this release, have a good hard look at yourself. EWQL isn't there solely to provide for you. There are a number of other people (6 billion of us in fact) that also need releases.

I won't be getting this one for a very very long time, despite it being perfect for me - I bought CCC NI for 900 US and I need to get a ton more use out of it first - I hope there will be some kind of upgrade from CCC NI in the future, but to be honest, this current package should suffice to destroy all opposition in the market.

Platinum Plus + Choirs + Pianos + SD2 + RA + MOR + GYPSY + VOP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! I mean seriously... SERIOUSLY.

Who can complain about that? The price is virtually giving it away when SOplat and pianos cost 1400 by themselves. The only criticism I could possibly level is that this might be a little bit in front of the technology available right now (64 bit sound card drivers aren't universal yet). And that's not EW's fault that they are better than the rest of the industry :cool:

JCL
04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Still need 16 bit 3 mic Play Choirs! With the other basic Libraries starting to have the 16 bit option - why not give them all 16 bit 3 mic option a la Play Platinum Complete Plus so everything can be used in one common format, whether working in 16 or 24 bit?. Why stop at 16 bit, but with only one mic as with Play Pianos Gold?

Xplora
04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Still need 16 bit 3 mic Play Choirs! With the other basic Libraries starting to have the 16 bit option - why not give them all 16 bit 3 mic option a la Play Platinum Complete Plus so everything can be used in one common format, whether working in 16 or 24 bit?. Why stop at 16 bit, but with only one mic as with Play Pianos Gold?

SO is THE flagship product; there are business reasons to go with the 16 bit version, I can't imagine you running out of RAM trying to "scratchpad" your ideas with Choirs?

Doug Rogers
04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
The only criticism I could possibly level is that this might be a little bit in front of the technology available right now (64 bit sound card drivers aren't universal yet). And that's not EW's fault that they are better than the rest of the industry :cool:

There are 32-bit versions included for all products as well as 64-bit versions, so you are covered if you don't have a 64-bit system.

Cheers,

- DR

JCL
04-11-2009, 09:00 AM
SO is THE flagship product; there are business reasons to go with the 16 bit version, I can't imagine you running out of RAM trying to "scratchpad" your ideas with Choirs?

I don't think you're understanding my question! And having a 16 bit option was my idea, at least here in the forum - a long time ago, so you don't need to explain the reason for using 16 bit, it's been covered here ad nauseum.

gpax
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
but to be honest, this current package should suffice to destroy all opposition in the market.

I understand your enthusiasm here. I'm not sure everything else out there is "opposition" to be "destroyed," though. I rally behind East West in that I own most of the PLAY products released to date. But I don't wish the undoing of any of the other libraries I use and love, even if they are made by smaller, lesser known people who also work very hard at what they do.

pax

spyfx
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
hi everyone im new here but a long time user of eastwest/quantum leap my question is this is there gonna be any upgrade path from ni complete composers bundle to the play version anytime soon?DOUG NICK?THANKS IN ADVANCE

noiseboyuk
04-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Doug, will the customisation come to the European site too eventually? The customisation is the killer idea (I already own SO and Goliath).

I fear the import taxes of the US customised version would be crippling for us Euro types, though...

interpolate
04-12-2009, 07:23 AM
C'est la vie, c'est la vie mon amis.

Xplora
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
There are 32-bit versions included for all products as well as 64-bit versions, so you are covered if you don't have a 64-bit system.

Cheers,

- DR

I'm just making an offhand comment about the development cost for 64 bit PLAY. I've got CCC for Kontakt; there is just no reason for me to move until I can get some cheaper solutions for my break out box, and a good solution for 64 bit Windows.

If it was my business, I would have been a tightass and just done the 32 bit stuff. Native Instruments hasn't felt any pressure!

Stefan Podell
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
CCC customization is now available for our European customers:

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Complete-Composers-Collection-PLAY-Edition-CUSTOMIZE-pr-EW-189C.html

composeralex
04-17-2009, 06:10 PM
The customized CCC is amazing. I wish it had been around last summer.

A year ago, I was a 22-year-old young film composer who had never heard of EWQL.

Over the past year, I've spent a huge portion of my annual income on EWQL PLAY libraries (with absolutely no regrets!). I'm the proud owner of half a dozen PLAY libraries, and I use EWQL almost exclusively for my work. :) I scrounged for every penny, ate a lot of spaghetti, and racked up my credit card for the PLAY libraries I own.

I own SO platinum plus complete, SC, MOR, Pianos, SD2, and VOP. I want RA, SILK, Gypsy, Goliath, and the SD2 upgrade. I wish there was some kind of bundle discount for that. RA, Gypsy, and Goliath are included in the CCC. I also know about the RA/SILK bundle. The SD2 expansion is bundled with SD, and also with the RA/SILK/SD2/SD2 upgarde bundle. But those both include SD, which I already own ...

Let me ask this: is it legal to "split" the CCC with another person? OR, could I buy the CCC and transfer some of the product licenses to another person (without having installed or authorized it ... a "virgin" prorduct)?

It would cost LESS for me to buy the CCC and the additional products, than it would for me to just buy all the other PLAY products I want. But, since I already own most of the CCC selections, that's a waste of discs and licenses if I can't sell or give them to someone else ...

Oh well, such are the burdens of decision-making when it comes to amazing sample libraries at amazing prices. :) Like I said, I just wish this had been around last summer. I would have saved A LOT of money over the past year. Thanks EWQL for being so great! I recommend your products all the time.

dsstudio2
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM
I own some PLAY and Yes, if I buy CCC, no matter what I choose, I'll end up having 3 duplicate libraries.
Can I suggest EW to discount $99 each Library that i don't want to get? (The 99$ equal with additional lisence) I am using only 1 computer so I don't need that additional lisence.
Please consider my request.
Or Add more title in the CCC is even better :)
Thanks
Sonny

A.Leung
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Let me ask this: is it legal to "split" the CCC with another person? OR, could I buy the CCC and transfer some of the product licenses to another person (without having installed or authorized it ... a "virgin" prorduct)?

No and no. Sorry Alex.

East West HAS been known to make rare exceptions. The only way to know for sure is by Sending a PM or direct email to Doug.

Good luck! :)

Xplora
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't know how the Play licences work, but in the Kontakt CCC, it was simply a stack of DVDs in a small packet with serial stickers on the side. Nothing preventing you from giving away some of the libraries to someone else.

You can't share the SAME library with someone else, that's a violation of the licence I would imagine.

Dandymusic
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey all,
The new CCC looks very exciting, especially because my new core i7 DAW with 12GB of memory is being delivered next week, which will run Vista 64bit for maximum ram usage. PLAY would be wonderful to use with that. But the thing is, I bought the NI CCC only a year ago. So I'm wondering, and probably many with me, if there's going to be an upgrade from NI CCC to PLAY CCC.
Can anyone tell me if this is going to happen, and possibly in what timeframe?

composeralex
04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
I didn't think so. :( Just had to ask.

I suppose there's nothing physically stopping one from doing either anyway, but if it's illegal, then it's illegal.

It would be nice if ALL PLAY products were options for the customizable PLAY CCC ...

noiseboyuk
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
CCC customization is now available for our European customers:

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Complete-Composers-Collection-PLAY-Edition-CUSTOMIZE-pr-EW-189C.html

Only just caught up with this - great.

And being generally slow off the mark, now I only just realised Silk isn't available in the deal - is there a reason for this?

JohnO
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Are there separate iLok authorizations for each product? Some other companies will have one auth for the total bundle and individual instruments (or plugins) can't be split off and sold. If it's the former then this really is a great deal and I have to find a way to do it!

JO

rav4
04-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Are there separate iLok authorizations for each product?

Yes. At least for the customized version.

Dandymusic
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey all,
The new CCC looks very exciting, especially because my new core i7 DAW with 12GB of memory is being delivered next week, which will run Vista 64bit for maximum ram usage. PLAY would be wonderful to use with that. But the thing is, I bought the NI CCC only a year ago. So I'm wondering, and probably many with me, if there's going to be an upgrade from NI CCC to PLAY CCC.

Can anyone answer my question perhaps? ;)

Dandymusic
05-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Hey all,

Any word on this?

dsstudio2
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
If the CCC have the option like less 1 product then -100$ I will buy it already... Buy the CCC, I'll always have 2 dublicate library.
EW, Will you consider this request?
Sonny

Doug Rogers
05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Can anyone answer my question perhaps? ;)

The upgrades available for NI version to PLAY version are for the individual products, there is no CCC-NI to CCC-PLAY upgrade as both are heavily discounted and some products are different.

Cheers,

- DR

Doug Rogers
05-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Are there separate iLok authorizations for each product? Some other companies will have one auth for the total bundle and individual instruments (or plugins) can't be split off and sold. If it's the former then this really is a great deal and I have to find a way to do it!

JO

Separate iLok authorizations for both standard and customize versions.

Cheers,

- DR