PDA

View Full Version : Octobans sounds

Djoule
04-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi there,

I'm currently looking for samples of Octobans for my drum tracks, and I was wondering: is there any EW library which contains such samples ??

I found on the net Digital Sound Works Dramatic Percussion which apparently sounds great, has anyone here tried it(and would recommand it) or know a better eastwest product ?

thanks,
Julien
;)

Djoule
04-13-2009, 08:40 AM
no one ??

Logicology
04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not aware of any specifically. But check out storm drum. You might find something similar (or even better) that will work for you. Just be aware that SD is a sound design type library... meaning if you're writing music for a live ensemble to play, don't use SD because most of it will not translate well.

t_l
04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
You could also look into Tonehammer Epic Percussion ( High) ;)

DynamicK
04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Stormdrum 2 has octaplus toms

True Strike 2 has octabans

HTH

Bruno Garza
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
You could also look into Tonehammer Epic Percussion ( High) ;)

I googled octabans and saw Tonehammer too.
I thought it was MC's brother.

Djoule
04-14-2009, 02:05 AM
thanks guys ! ;)

I looked to tonehammer and it is pretty interesting (sound and price), except the fact that it needs kontakt which I don't have :(
I found as well some octabans as expansion packs from BFD but they require BFD, which I don't have (and won't pay for because I own Ezdrummer)...
True strike looks interesting, but as I have stormdrum and RA I think I won't spend 360 euros just for these octobans, so I may eventually consider upgrading my stormdrum to stormdrum 2, it looks like the more interesting thing to do.

thank again :)