PDA

View Full Version : How to move only "Steinway" library to another disk

gs-dk
04-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi

I use the Steinway Piano most of the time and would like to run it from a faster disk. How do I get Play to find the Steinway library on the new disk and still keep the other pianos on the old disk?

Thanks for any help!

Well - the right click did it - but I wonder how I can change the name on the Library. Now it says EWQLSO, I am not allowed to make a Piano Library

persentio
04-13-2009, 03:56 AM
On your new disk, create a new folder "QL Pianos Library". Inside that folder create another 2 folders "QL Pianos Instruments" and "QL Pianos Samples". Now, Navigate to your old disk, and look in the orignial "QL Pianos Instruments" folder, cut and paste the entire "Steinway D" folder into the new disk's "QL Pianos Instruments" folder. Lastly, do the same for the "QL Pianos Samples" folder. Cut and paste the entire "Steinway Samples" folder over to the new disk's "QL Pianos Samples" folder. And that should do it. When you open PLAY the next time, you should be able to automatically navigate to your new disk and load up the Steinway patches there.

gs-dk
04-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Thanks a lot!

Only problem is that it is shown as a EWQLSO library - but I can live with that:)

persentio
04-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Weird... How is that? Is your QL Pianos Library folder inside your EWQLSO folder?

gs-dk
04-13-2009, 04:22 AM
No

It's on a disk for it self - I include a screenshot, so you can see that the Steinway is shown as a EWQLSO favorite.

Btw. Can I erase this favorite - can's find it on the disk - even after a search.

And last thing - you seem to know your way around this product - :) - I have performance issues - even from a fast disk the piano stutters on my MacPro 2X2.8. Especially when using the pedal - any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

persentio
04-13-2009, 04:38 AM
I believe you can edit the Favourites menu via the Registry editor, however I'm on a PC so I don't know the procedure for Mac. You could either drop a tech support ticket, or you could ask other fellow forumers like A.Leung / LEX for instructions. I believe they know how to fix it.

There could be a couple of reasons for the audio dropouts you are having; first things first, have you updated to PLAY 1.2.0? There is a vast improvement in streaming performance with that update.

You might also want to try increasing your audio buffer size, as well as trying a lower PLAY engine level.

Also, what is your soundcard?

gs-dk
04-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Yes - I am running Play 1.2.3.

About the Play Engine Level - what does that mean - I am running on Level 2 now.

Thanks for the help!

persentio
04-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Try Engine Levels 1 and 0. Then again, I'm not sure if increasing your engine level (You can try 3 ,4 and 5 too) is actually the way to go. However from what I've seen most users use lower levels if they are experiencing problems. If possible, try all the engine levels until you get one that is most stable for your system. If PLAY is still giving you dropouts regardless, the problem is likely to be your audio buffer size / latency being too little (In which case you should increase it) or your soundcard / audio interface has drivers that don't handle such applications very well.

gs-dk
04-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks!

I will give it a try.