PDA

View Full Version : Can I get the previous (NI) Version of SC?

djones1415
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Is the non-PLAY version of Symphonic Choirs with WordBuilder still available for purchase anywhere? I'm used to the NI interface and have it up and running with EWQLSO...I'd like to get the Choirs too.
Thanks
Don

Pietro
04-16-2009, 08:09 AM
It's not available anymore. EW's license for using NI format and Kompakt player has ended.

- Piotr

composeralex
04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Don, I know switching can be a pain, but nearly everyone here would tell you that the upgrade to PLAY is worth it. Especially with the latest updates (1.2 and 1.2.3). I used the NI stuff for a while, and I've been using PLAY since last fall. I could never go back to the NI versions. :)

djones1415
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Alex...Sounds good. I'm sure I'll get there at some point.

For now, my system is stable (no small feat for me!) and based on these forums, it sounds like Choirs isn't working with PLAY and/or aren't shipping. If they would work under Kontakt, I'd go ahead and get them now. Guess I'll just wait a while...I'm sure the "new product" kinks will be worked out quickly...

Thanks

Pietro
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
My experiences with SC PLAY edition are much better than with Kontakt/Kompakt. The old version did have it's... I'd say... inconveniences (rather than bugs) too. It's just that Wordbuilder is a creature on it's own, and you can easly make some mistakes using it.

- Piotr

composeralex
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
My PLAY SC is working great. It's a great companion to the PLAY SO, Pianos, and SD2. A young film composer's dream setup :)