PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please answer??:)

danieljay
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
hey everyone.

i was wondering if would it be more accurate doing the cc11 expression modulation as your playing live for recording?? or should you do this after you have put the strings in time with the transition as perfect as you can get them, then do the cc11 afterwoods???

i cant really decide but i wanna know wat way is more realistic???

dan.

A.Leung
04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Doesnt really matter - whatever works for you. I always go live and edit later.

danieljay
04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks.

danieljay
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Doesnt really matter - whatever works for you. I always go live and edit later.

oh and allen... i have a question for you... issetting a plan to make a track every 2 weeks unrealistic?? or a track a week??? im asking because i dont wana rush but at the same time im seriouse about music and i want to get atleast 12 tracks done in a good time to set a gola for my self.... is that unrealistic?? or should it be a track a month???

thanks ...dan

A.Leung
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi Daniel,

Your in a good place since you dont have any real deadlines. But to keep yourself disiciplined it is good to have a self imposed deadline. Do what makes yourself comfortable and dont be afraid to push yourself a little. A 3 minute track (or cue) a week is a pretty good starting deadline if you dont have too much school or work to deal with. If your really busy then 2 weeks is ok.

paulwr
04-18-2009, 11:04 AM
as far as cc11, or any realtime control, I'm also a 'record it during performance, and edit after' guy.

For time on a cue, definitely get your quality up first. Then train on efficiency. Time will depend on the type of projects. I was on a show with other composers in animation, and the best guy was just incredibly experienced and talented, and did dense orchestral action stuff of movie type quality at 4-5 minutes a day fully produced. Just amazing.

But that was many years experience and exceptional talent, as well. Other pros...... 2 minutes a day isn't uncommon. I'm a bit slower than that, but I'm talking full, big action type stuff that can be extremely tedious, even simply from a note quantity point of view.

Quality first, then you can work on speed. No one cares how fast you are if it doesn't sound good!

-Paul