PDA

View Full Version : Moving EW Samples to New Computer

Jack W
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi,

I want to move all my EW Play instruments to a single slave computer. They currently reside on my Master DAW machine.(Plat. Orch, Pianos, SD2, VOP, Silk, Choirs, Gypsy)

After moving all the iLok authorizations to a new iLok and putting it on the new computer, can I simply COPY all the EW Play files to the drives of my new Slave computer - or would I need to completely reinstall the libraries from their DVD's?

I don't mind spending a few hours to copy them but the thought of spending days reinstalling them from DVD's is a bit daunting.

Thanks,
Jack

composeralex
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, you can copy/paste. Just make sure you copy/paste the ENTIRE folder and redirect PLAY's browser to the appropriate place(s).

Jack W
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks Alex,

I appreciate the help and am relieved to know that it works that way.

Best regards,

Jack

GtrJazz
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Why not just take the sample drive from your main daw and install in the slave PC?

paulwr
04-17-2009, 02:43 PM
-also, if you have trouble getting everything you want from one instance, I hear there is a way to configure Bidule that then you can get multiple instance rolling in a way that spreads the cpu usage better... I wish I had more exact details for you, but I'm not doing it yet, myself.

-Paul

gstitt
04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I hear there is a way to configure Bidule that then you can get multiple instance rolling in a way that spreads the cpu usage better

Really? That's definitely counterintuitive.

persentio
04-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I want to move all my EW Play instruments to a single slave computer. They currently reside on my Master DAW machine.(Plat. Orch, Pianos, SD2, VOP, Silk, Choirs, Gypsy)

After moving all the iLok authorizations to a new iLok and putting it on the new computer, can I simply COPY all the EW Play files to the drives of my new Slave computer - or would I need to completely reinstall the libraries from their DVD's?

I don't mind spending a few hours to copy them but the thought of spending days reinstalling them from DVD's is a bit daunting.

Thanks,
Jack
Hi Jack,

See this thread: http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=20603