PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Articulations in PLAY

George Bellas
04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
In EWQLSO PLAY, how do I load up several articulations for a single instrument and then select individual articulations with separate MIDI channels?

In the Kontakt version of EWQLSO I would load up articulations in each of the 8-16 banks, assign separate MIDI channels for each articulation, and then choose the respective MIDI channel within my score editor for whatever articulation I wanted.

Pietro
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
If you run 1.2.x version of PLAY, and you load two patches, they are being assigned to different MIDI channels automatically. You can always change that using PLAY interface in player mode. Refer to the manual for details.

- Piotr

George Bellas
04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
If you run 1.2.x version of PLAY, and you load two patches, they are being assigned to different MIDI channels automatically. You can always change that using PLAY interface in player mode. Refer to the manual for details.

- Piotr

Thank you Pietro. I am running PLAY version 1.2.0, but when I loaded up several articulations they were all assigned to the same MIDI channel and all playing simultaneously. After selecting each articulation and changing their MIDI channels, it's working great.

Is there a way to see all the loaded articulations without having to click the drop down menu? When I originally saw the PLAY interface I thought all the articulations that I loaded would be visible in that articulations list found in the middle of the interface in player mode. They do show up in the articulations list when selecting a keyswitch patch, but not when I load up my own - I have to use the drop down menu to see what is loaded. Am I overlooking something? I have looked in both the PLAY manual as well as the SO manual but to no avail.

Thanks again for the help.

gstitt
04-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Is there a way to see all the loaded articulations without having to click the drop down menu?

Not yet. I'm currently working on a free third party PLAY multi editor to ease the things you're are asking for. I'm not sure if I can give too many details yet, but it has saved me loads of time.

composeralex
04-17-2009, 03:11 PM
That's been a request for a while now.

It would indeed be nice to be able to create your own instruments and keyswitches, like the "master KS" defaults. They have a good deal of articulations, but they're not all-inclusive. I would love to be able to make my own "master KS" patches, but the best we can do right now is load the individual articulations as instruments, assign them different channels, and spread the line across several tracks.