PDA

View Full Version : A testimonial...

williammorgan
04-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm fairly new to the world of virtual instruments. With that being the case I'm also not to technical savvy. So I had to endure quite a bit of delayed gratification when I attempted to switch to PLAY. The East West staff were very understanding and bent over backwards to get my system up and running. I thank all who assisted me.

A lot of people here are professional film, television etc scorers. Others play in bands, run studios, etc. And there are a great many who just use East West Products for fun(which could include all). It's refreshing to know they support all users.

About a week ago there was a question about the worth of upgrading to PLAY. Here are my first impressions. Integration. When I was using FAB FOUR with my NI EWQLSO GOLD BUNDLE I found I was always adjusting the volume to match. Also everything sounds better together with convolution reverb. It just sounds more natural using the same types of spaces. Play seems to load faster than NI. Now this could be the result of my arrangements mostly being pop and thus smaller than a large orchestral piece, I really don't know. I do know this I'll take a couple of PLAY instruments over a 100 "so-so" ones. PLAY's layout is cleaner and more attractive. You work faster in PLAY. Tell you the truth I wouldn't mind seeing a customizable PLAY background to suit your mood. Color/tone can be tremendously influental on the mind.

So with a resounding YES, I LOVE IT! I only wish I had more $$$ to pick up several more PLAY products. I'd like an Church Organ for my Halloween celebrations(although last year people loved my FAB FOUR playing Bach!). But yes, I look forward to having fun with the upgrade.

thanks

composeralex
04-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I only wish I had more $$$ to pick up several more PLAY products.

You're not the only one ;)

A.Leung
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Always nice to read the successs stories! Thanks for taking time to say hi and report back!

Cheers,