PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for EWQL Symphonic Choirs

AndyFinkenstadt
04-25-2005, 10:00 PM
For those who are building demonstrations of the choir products, and those who built it, I would like to prepare as much as possible for its coming.

Originally I was hoping to build something in time for E3 (by May 15th'ish) but with the slippage in release date, that no longer seems possible. I have another demo date coming 4 weeks later, which makes it at least possible to come up with a "Duel of the Fates" style composition. In the meantime, I was thinking of doing a (church) latin language composition that I last sang 25 years ago in the seminary, the "TRANSITO del N.P.C. Francesco d'Assisi" (the TRANSITUS OF SAINT FRANCIS OF ASSISI).

I can transcribe the vocal & organ parts into Sibelius easy enough. Will the midi stream from this be compatible with the word builder utility's desire for performance? I'm expecting to have to do some work at transferring the latin text words with all of their slurs across multiple notes & phrases, but it would be nice to do that work once, and then re-import the end result back into Sibelius or Sonar.

Do-able? Waste of my time? Or what?

neoTypic
04-26-2005, 06:26 AM
I don't see why not. You're undertaking a massive effort regardless of ease o'tweaking though.

I believe it looks at the midi on/off signal to decide whether it's a new word/syllable.

Stefan Podell
04-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I believe it looks at the midi on/off signal to decide whether it's a new word/syllable.

From the screenshot (on this page: http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-165), it looks like there's timing information in millseconds that gets used, too. This is surely going to be interesting!

rJames
04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
In the NAMM demo, Nick showed me how to stretch the syllables and consonants to create realistic singing. That may be what the milliseconds is for...??

neoTypic
04-26-2005, 09:41 AM
From the screenshot (on this page: http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-165), it looks like there's timing information in millseconds that gets used, too. This is surely going to be interesting!

Yeah, from the video demo there seems to be control over vowel movement and such without defaulting to just midi/on off. Looks like there is going to be a lot of control.

I want this library so bad too being a chamber choir guy. I really need to build a new pc to run Platinum though first. I hate trying to be patient. *laughs*

Man. Talking about patience....

Try having patience when you know that EWQLSO Platinum is going to arrive on your doorstep "early next week" when it's Tuesday morning after getting off a graveyard shift in the ER and you have the next day off. :eek:

*twitch!*

Oh how I wish I had a tracking number. :o