PDA

View Full Version : KONTAKT 2 & EWQLSO/Choirs

Justin M
04-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Firstly hello to all!
I am an EWQLSO Gold user soon to be PRO! and have also preordered Choirs (through Best Service). I have followed the forum on NSS for quite some time but despite many attempts have never succesfully joined - great to be able to participate at last.

Kontakt 2 seems to be the answer to my needs, being a Sibelius user (and Beta Tester), it negates the use of several other bits of software (Plugin Host, Midi Router, Convolution Reverb etc etc)

HOWEVER I have read on other forums that it wipes out all pan & vol settings and that every instrument has to have its own DFD setting (which apparently still has a major bug).

Can anyone enlighted me as to its compatibility with EWQLSO before I waste my hard earned cash!!

Justin

Justin M
05-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Nobody using Kontakt 2?

AndyFinkenstadt
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Not yet.... its been on order for 23 days, I was promised delivery within 10. And then a few more. I are not a happy camper.

Brian2112
05-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I have Kontakt 2. Great piece!...But yea, so far it looks like some stuff may need to be patched if itís going to work with K2 OR, more likely, K2 may need to be patched to read K1 patches and properly adjust. Not a big deal, but may be tedious work.

Ö2112 :)

Liam
05-02-2005, 12:25 AM
I have been using Kontakt 2 for a couple weeks now, and it seems to import EWQL Gold, and Silver libraries perfectly. That of course was always my main goal. So I assume it will be the same for the Pro Ugrade and Choir as well, although the fact that the choir has the word builder utility built in my have an effect on importing into Kontakt 2. Thats something Doug or Nick will need to answer. The interface and convolution effects alone put it well above any other sampler, and as anyone who has it knows thats just the tip of the iceburg.

Liam

Justin M
05-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Hi Liam

Thanks for the replies
I had heard that the pan & vol settings are wiped out when importing into kontakt 2 and the DFD couldnt handle a full orchestral template. I would be interested to hear your comments.

Justin

Justin M
05-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Anyone else using Kontakt 2 + EWQLSO?

AndyFinkenstadt
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Not yet... I only just got Kontakt2 last week, just installed it on my DAW yesterday... and then worked a 16-hr day so I havent' sat down to tickle the ivories for a couple days now. :(

Liam
05-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Liam

Thanks for the replies
I had heard that the pan & vol settings are wiped out when importing into kontakt 2 and the DFD couldnt handle a full orchestral template. I would be interested to hear your comments.

Justin

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I just noticed your question today. It looks like the latest update fixed that. I never experienced the panning wipe out problem because I installed, then updated right away, and all the Gold instruments are panned properly when loaded into K2. I haven't had any problems yet with the DFD, but my latest work since installing K2 isn't a huge template. Hope that helps!

Liam

erdu horn
05-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi,
I have Kontakt 2 and EWQLSO Gold. I have no problems loading the Gold patches in K2. Did you say that you had K2 and Sibelius? That's where I am having a problem on my system (PC). K2 isn't working with Sibelius 3 and I am curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Jerry

Doug Rogers
05-15-2005, 10:33 AM
although the fact that the choir has the word builder utility built in my have an effect on importing into Kontakt 2

WordBuilder is a separate application and has nothing to do with Kontakt 2.

- Doug