PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

calaf
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Hello ewqlso users and moderators,
i am wondering when i read many posts on this forum if a tutorial would be useful(and planned to be avalaible one day) to be able to work with the platinum edition (or gold,...), as VSL provide one DVD of tutorial.?
Or,this collection of orchestral sample is so easy to use and program realistic play that a tutorial is pointless?
i am familiar with scoring for real orchestra but not for samples yet...

Doug Rogers
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Hello ewqlso users and moderators,
i am wondering when i read many posts on this forum if a tutorial would be useful(and planned to be avalaible one day) to be able to work with the platinum edition (or gold,...), as VSL provide one DVD of tutorial.?
Or,this collection of orchestral sample is so easy to use and program realistic play that a tutorial is pointless?
i am familiar with scoring for real orchestra but not for samples yet...

Download this -

http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSOGuide.pdf

That should answer most of your questions. We also have a EWQLSO Presentation DVD that you can request.

- Doug

Dark Realms
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Doug,

Can you tell us more about this EWQLSO Presentation DVD that we can request.

I ordered Platinum yesterday, and it would be useful to have this DVD too.

Cheers,

Mazhar.

Doug Rogers
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Doug,

Can you tell us more about this EWQLSO Presentation DVD that we can request.

I ordered Platinum yesterday, and it would be useful to have this DVD too.

Cheers,

Mazhar.

It will be in your package.

- Doug

AndyFinkenstadt
04-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Is this the presentation DVD that has the explanation of what instruments there are, and the mini-interviews with folks who were involved in its creation?

I never did find the tutorials on it.

neoTypic
04-27-2005, 11:21 PM
It will be in your package.

- Doug

Hmm, it might be too late for me to ask for that as well?

And I believe there is a process for requesting the Silver's piano/choir as well?

Doug Rogers
04-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Is this the presentation DVD that has the explanation of what instruments there are, and the mini-interviews with folks who were involved in its creation?

I never did find the tutorials on it.

It's not a tutorial, it's a presentation about how the product was made, plus it has a good interview with Prof. Keith O. Johnson that explains why this concept works.

You can get the other Silver instruments if you have Gold or Platinum by sending an email to stefan@eastwestsounds.com. You need to have Kontakt to play these, they will not play in the Kompakt player.

However, if you ordered GoldPro or PlatinumPro you will get these instruments with the upgrades, and the piano will be the full Steinway version.

- Doug

calaf
04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
thanks for your comments but is there a chance you would sell one day a tutorial or not ?

Doug Rogers
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
thanks for your comments but is there a chance you would sell one day a tutorial or not ?

Anyone want to volunteer, we just don't have time at the moment?

- Doug

Stefan Podell
04-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I nominate John Philpit!!!!!!!!! Who's with me?

;)

aaaaaakash
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello,

I second that! (previous post) hehe.

Also, this Presentation DVD about how EWQLSO was made is very interesting to me. How can I get my hands on it?

Thanks.

Aakash

jphilpit
04-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I appreciate your confidence in me. Once I finish up the Choirs documentation and the Pro documentation, I'll need to take a break. And then get back to my own writing. So I need to decline the nomination, at least for the near future.

The DVD mentioned above is interesting and worth watching, though not at all a tutorial. It's more background information. But since it's free for the asking, there's nothing to lose. I did take what I thought was the most interesting technical material and incorporate it in the Guide, so if you've mastered everything I write about then some of what's discussed will be old news to you.

John

JCL
05-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Doug and Nick. If we have not ordered a product yet, how (or where) do we order the DVD explaining EWQLSO?