PDA

View Full Version : March with EWQL Gold and Silver

lux
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Thats my first demo here on new forum.
Its a piece realized in Gold using also Silver choirs and piano. Sorta trekkish inspired.

US-55 Starship (http://www.archisounds.com/US-55_starship_master2.mp3)

Ciao
Luca

Kayamb
04-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi Lux,

I like this piece. It is quite varied, different moods in there.
However I have one criticism, I think there a lack of energy in it. I think it's not as sharp as it's meant to be, right? Maybe should you slightly increase the tempo, and put different velocities on instruments plays. Most of the instruments sound quite flat and mellow, if you know what I mean. If I were you I would make more accents and sharp attacks on brass and snare.

But overall, that's a nice composition. Just need little further work to make it better ;)

Thx for posting.

neoTypic
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Nice work bud. I definitely hear the influences, but it's nice you took it and added your own touch. *thumbs up*

lux
04-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys for your comments :)

Kayamb, honestly I didnt mean it too sharp, I think to it closer to traditional marching soundtrack style a la Goldsmith than to boombastic actual style. Maybe I will try some more accent tho.

Thanks

Luca

ToddK
04-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Very nice work there!

Great sound. You make Silver sound more like Gold. Good mixing.

Good understanding of the role of each section.

Love to hear more!

Toddk

Brady
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Great job! I really liked your use of the harp in the first part of the piece, BTW. You've done very well with Silver.

Steve Karl
04-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Good work! Thanks for sharing.

Steve

lux
04-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your kind comments Tod, Brady and Steve.

I'd like to specify though, that all orchestral sounds are from EWQLSO Gold and just piano and choirs are from Silver. So I'm less fatiguing to obtain a fuller sound ;)

There's no reverb, eq, or limiting added to the mix, I leaved it without any post processing.

Thanks again

Luca