PDA

View Full Version : David Newman Q&A

Stefan Podell
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
To all our forum members (and guests):

We are pleased to announce that David Newman has kindly offered to participate in an open question and answer session here at the EastWest/Soundsonline Forums!

Please post your questions at http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29 by starting a new thread. This Q&A will follow a "moderated thread & post" format. This means that your questions (threads) or follow up posts will remain held back until selected for publication.

Please note:

Not all questions will be published.
Your posts may be edited.
Not all follow up questions will be published.
Repeat questions may not get published, (check all the threads so far to see if your question has already been asked before posting a question!)

This Q&A session is about composing questions for David, and not a showcase for anyone else to tell us "how they would do it".

Martin Frasu (David's tech) will answer technical questions about their setup.

Please be patient - if you don't see your question published, that doesn't mean it won't be sometime soon.

Do not PM or email any of the site admin to hassle us about publishing your question, or demanding to know why it hasn't been published.

Finally, please keep in mind that Mr. Newman is a busy composer and questions may not be answered immediately. Be respectful of his time and of his generous offer to spend some of that valuable time here with us.

The Q&A session will end one month from now.

Thomas Regin
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh... My.. God.. That's so exciting! I'm too starstruck to even think of a question! :)

I'm looking forward to this!

Denny S.
07-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity! I was already amazed by the presence of composers that work in the industry here but that tops all of my expectations! :)

nikolas
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
WOW! Nothing else to say!

Now, an idea to EW: The best question gets a free product of their choice? As judged by David himself! :D

james 7275
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow this is exciting! Were all going to learn alot. EastWest really knows how to tide us over until HS comes out.

So go on all you composers, ask him a question

Jamtheguitarman
07-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I loved his score to Serenity. Tough job taking over the music, which was such a vital part of the television show (Firefly), and giving it a larger more filmic sound without loosing the whole atmosphere of that universe. He did a spot on job.

Still gutted for Greg Edmonson though, after doing such incredible work on the show and not getting the job to score the film (if that is indeed what happened).