PDA

View Full Version : If I ever...EWQLSO Gold & Silver

FilmComposerZ
05-01-2005, 04:04 PM
This is the finished piece. It just needs fade out. I'll leave that up to the director. It's for a documentary in New York...
Please feel free to comment and critique. I am trying to rid of the 'verb in the lower bass...Can't seem to figure it out....

If I ever... (http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/187040-If%20I%20ever...%A9%20Pablo%20F.%20Schmitt.mp3)

dcoscina
05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey Pablo, beautiful piece! The pizz strings washed in that reverb remind me of Thomas Newman. The fluid piano work is quite moving. Did you use the Steinway pianos from Silver? I also like how you use solo violin on top of the strings.

Also, great modulation into another key towards the end...is the piece supposed to fade out abruptly though?

-Dave

FilmComposerZ
05-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey Dave,

Yeah, these are the Steinways from Silver, Violin from Silver, everything else is GOLD. The Perc in the end is Perc Adv 2.

Thanx for the listen. I got rid of some of the verb...

Pablo

Bevans
05-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I like everything about this piece, but I still have a problem with those "release trails" or whatever they're called.

Steve Karl
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Very enjoyable.

metrobot
05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
great smooth, velvety piano sound. Very nice piano line doing a random-sounding yet very musical melody. It'd be cool if the musical line the solo violin was playing eventually got overtaken by a violin section. Would give it an even more expansive sound, like the voices of the world are uniting for peace or something. And would make your granny cry too. (if she weren't already)

nice stuff