PDA

View Full Version : Tech support for FREE orchestra

admin
12-28-2009, 09:23 AM
As the promotion states, we are not offering tech support by phone or support ticket for the FREE orchestra. However, as a courtesy to our new users that are having problems, we will try and answer some of your install questions here as time permits.

However, before you install the software and sounds READ THE INSTALLATION INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION ON EACH PAGE OF THE INSTALLER thoroughly, that will ]save us all a lot of time and effort.

Make sure you UNZIP all of the ZIP files before attempting an install.

Windows users should disable User Accounts Control.

There is also a pdf manual attached to your download.

All posts that are started elsewhere will be merged into this topic.

If you already have another PLAY version of the orchestra installed, DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION, YOU DON'T NEED IT.

Enjoy!

Admin

alexboccia
12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I just finished installing the FREE Orchestra on my PC with Windows 7. I followed the installation instructions and restarted my computer, but I am getting an error message when I try and load a patch in Cubase 5; the message says

"symphonicorchestra free.key
License expired or invalid"

As far as I know I did everything correctly to this point.

rtoomim
12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm getting massive file permission errors off of the 2nd installation package under Mac OS X. It takes almost 45 minutes to complete this single package, after which I can't run anything that might require me to have admin rights (such as Activity Monitor). Also, the third portion of the package doesn't have anything that I can install! I have downloaded the three files three separate times just to make sure I didn't get a corrupted package.

Is anyone else having this much difficulty with the Mac version?

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm getting massive file permission errors off of the 2nd installation package under Mac OS X. It takes almost 45 minutes to complete this single package, after which I can't run anything that might require me to have admin rights (such as Activity Monitor). Also, the third portion of the package doesn't have anything that I can install! I have downloaded the three files three separate times just to make sure I didn't get a corrupted package.

Is anyone else having this much difficulty with the Mac version?

I would suggest re-downloading these files... that doesn't sound right and we haven't had reports of this from other mac users.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I just finished installing the FREE Orchestra on my PC with Windows 7. I followed the installation instructions and restarted my computer, but I am getting an error message when I try and load a patch in Cubase 5; the message says

As far as I know I did everything correctly to this point.

Is this on Windows 7 64bit or 32bit? Cubase 5 64bit or 32bit? Do you have any other PLAY Libraries installed?

-Jonathan

rtoomim
12-29-2009, 12:14 PM
And now having downloaded everything for a fourth time today, it seems to have worked. Not a clue what went wrong before.

12-29-2009, 01:17 PM

vista 64
samplitude PRO 32
UAC turned off

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 01:32 PM

vista 64
samplitude PRO 32
UAC turned off

If you look in the following location, can you let me know what files you see?

C : Program Data (you may need to enable 'view hidden files & folders') / East West / ProductChunks

-Jonathan

12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
If you look in the following location, can you let me know what files you see?

C : Program Data (you may need to enable 'view hidden files & folders') / East West / ProductChunks

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I have:

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver.ewc
EWQLSO.ewc
Symphonicorchestra free.key

The rest is for VOP, MOR, SD2, and Gypsy I have.

Thanks
Eric

DeeS
12-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I would also like to thank the folks at EWQL for this kind gift.

I have installed it without any major problems except for the " Could not reverb impulse data" dialog that comes up when the program begins to load. The dialog mentions downloading and installing the latest play update and that convolution reverb will be disabled in the meantime. If I am to download an update I'm not sure which one to get from the website or if this is just a feature that is not in the free version of play. Aside from the dialog message I get, everything seems to be working wonderfully on my system in standalone and within Sonar 8.5. Could anyone in the know please advise if in fact I do need to download an update or not. I also did a repair on the initial installation but the reverb dialog still appears on startup.

Thanks again for the gift !
Dee

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 02:53 PM

I have installed it without any major problems except for the " Could not reverb impulse data" dialog that comes up when the program begins to load. The dialog mentions downloading and installing the latest play update and that convolution reverb will be disabled in the meantime. If I am to download an update I'm not sure which one to get from the website or if this is just a feature that is not in the free version of play. Aside from the dialog message I get, everything seems to be working wonderfully on my system in standalone and within Sonar 8.5. Could anyone in the know please advise if in fact I do need to download an update or not. I also did a repair on the initial installation but the reverb dialog still appears on startup.

Dee

I would suggest deleting the reverb file, then re-running the Free Orchestra pt. 1 installer in 'repair' mode and it should fix that. Which version of Windows are you on?

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I have:

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver.ewc
EWQLSO.ewc
Symphonicorchestra free.key

The rest is for VOP, MOR, SD2, and Gypsy I have.

Thanks
Eric

Do you have any other VST host software you could check to see if the behavior is the same?

-Jonathan

djacko
12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=0100;219965]"symphonicorchestra free.key

HI,
Same issue since I installed symorch.free.
Can't load EWQLGoldXP now.
Any ideas ?

I am using a MacBook Pro
have Play versions of
EWQLGoldXP
Choirs
RA
and SD2

thanks in advance
~don

rtoomim
12-29-2009, 03:38 PM
By the way, after the installation had completed, I got file permission errors again. Had to run the OS X DVD and repair them using the Disk Utility... for the fourth time.

But the instrument works now, and hopefully I won't be installing it again anytime soon!

Jonathan Kranz
12-29-2009, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=0100;219965]"symphonicorchestra free.key

HI,
Same issue since I installed symorch.free.
Can't load EWQLGoldXP now.
Any ideas ?

I am using a MacBook Pro
have Play versions of
EWQLGoldXP
Choirs
RA
and SD2

thanks in advance
~don

If you already had the full Orchestra, there's no need at all to install this... you can find the solution here:

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=82

-Jonathan

djacko
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Thank You_
I dwnlded it to have a compact lib. on my PBk.
But maybe wasn't a good idea.

prob. Solved
~don

DeeS
12-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Dee

I would suggest deleting the reverb file, then re-running the Free Orchestra pt. 1 installer in 'repair' mode and it should fix that. Which version of Windows are you on?

-Jonathan

Jonathan, Thanks for the suggestion.

In answer to your question I am using Vista Business 64 bit.

Your advise sent me searching for the reverb file which was somewhat of a cryptic name when I found it. "ImpulseResponseData.ird" which I decided to try as the one I was looking for because of the label of the warning dialog I was receiving at the startup of Play.

The file was located in my Local Drive (C: in my case)>Users>Application Data>EastWest.
I moved it to Local Drive (C:>Program Data>EastWest. This is where the play64.exe is located on my system. I'm not sure if this is the proper location but I tried several other EastWest related locations that didn't work but finally this one did.

I didn't have to delete or repair the install in my case. I'm not sure if the Reverb is performing as it should but I'm not getting the warning dialog anymore.

I am considering upgrading to Gold or Platinum editions.
Should I remove the Starter version from my system before installing one of the upgrades?

Thanks for your time.
Dee

alexboccia
12-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Is this on Windows 7 64bit or 32bit? Cubase 5 64bit or 32bit? Do you have any other PLAY Libraries installed?

-Jonathan

- Windows 7 64bit
- Cubase 32bit
- Goliath

I downloaded the 32bit version of the Free Orchestra...I unzipped the files, installed in order, and I restarted my computer numerous times, but I still get the So far the only thing I can hear is the .wav files of the samples independent of Cubase.

JCL
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
How do I completely re-install EW Orchestra Free? I think I missed a step the first time. I re-did the survey, but it says I already did it.

damstraversaz
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
hi everybody

first thanks a lot for this wonderful instrument, the quality is really amazing !
i install it on my desktop computer without any problem, but when i try to install it on my laptop , i always have the same error
http://shup.com/Shup/260552/1.png

I use the same installer, so it could'nt be an DL error, and i try to copy several time the installer, and always have the same error. it seems that i'm not the only one with this ( you can read here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90&sid=83417e34306a45bbcc250705085fb4b4 )

that sad because i really enjoy this instrument, and i'm thinking to buy the silver edition , I will not take the risk actually to buy it if there is a problem with my laptop.

thanks a lot for reading, and thnkas again for your gift

damien

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 11:43 AM
- Windows 7 64bit
- Cubase 32bit
- Goliath

I downloaded the 32bit version of the Free Orchestra...I unzipped the files, installed in order, and I restarted my computer numerous times, but I still get the So far the only thing I can hear is the .wav files of the samples independent of Cubase.

Are you also getting this error in Cubase 64 bit (presuming you have that installed on Windows 7 64 bit as well)?

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
hi everybody

first thanks a lot for this wonderful instrument, the quality is really amazing !
i install it on my desktop computer without any problem, but when i try to install it on my laptop , i always have the same error

I use the same installer, so it could'nt be an DL error, and i try to copy several time the installer, and always have the same error. it seems that i'm not the only one with this ( you can read here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90&sid=83417e34306a45bbcc250705085fb4b4 )

that sad because i really enjoy this instrument, and i'm thinking to buy the silver edition , I will not take the risk actually to buy it if there is a problem with my laptop.

thanks a lot for reading, and thnkas again for your gift

damien

Did you turn off 'User Account Control' if you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7 as it states on the first page of the installer?

-Jonathan

alexboccia
12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Are you also getting this error in Cubase 64 bit (presuming you have that installed on Windows 7 64 bit as well)?

-Jonathan

I only have Cubase 32 bit installed even though I am running Windows 7 in 64bit...I am pretty new to recording related things so perhaps this was a mistake. Although I have no problem running Goliath.

damstraversaz
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
sorry I didn't give any details :
i'm under windows xp pro 32 bits/ intel dual core 2gb of memory? that's the first time i have an issue like this.

is there any possibility to send a log file ?

DocG
12-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I work with Cubase 5.01, Win XP 32 SP3, 3.25 GB RAM

Nothing from EastWest works after the installation:

Effect 1) After the free install my Voices of Passion and my Stormdrum 2 don't work (whole Play engine don't loads ...) in the host sequencer.

Effect 2) The stand alone version runs with Voices of Passion and Stormdrums 2 but gives a license error, if I try one of the Orchestra Instruments.

After these effects I reinstalled the PLAY engine.
Now it says (in the host) I need a version higher 1.1.17 but have 1.2.5

Until now no reason to be glad.

DonaldM
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Would appreciate some suggestions for this issue. I downloaded and installed the Orch Free version of Play. My system is: Win XP SP2, Pent Dual Core, 2 gig Ram, running Pro Tools LE Mbox2 Mini 8.0cs3.

Following the instructions, i successfully installed the product. Runs great in standalone mode. In threads over at the Digidesign User Conference (the DUC), I saw it mentioned that there wasn't yet an RTAS version of EWQLO, so I used FXpansion to wrap the VST dll that was installed. I later discovered that I indeed DID have the RTAS version sitting in my instrument plugin list within Pro Tools. So, I set up an instrument track (stereo) and instatiated the RTAS version of Play onto the track. Everything loaded in fine. Using the browser, I selected a voice. By all appearances, it loaded in fine. I could see the little white line move near the bottom of the screen, and the parameters changed on the screen (ie the envelope screen). However, playing notes with either my midi controller or directly pointing and clicking on the keys produces no sound at all. The test tone works in the set-up screen. I loaded in several of the voices, same thing. They all appear to load in fine, but I simply have no audio output.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why this might be happening and what I need to do? :confused:

Thanks

timecom
12-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I have same problem as damstraversaz

Fatal Error: Installation ended prematurely becasue of an error.

I have Win7 64bit HP, UAC disabled.

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I have same problem as damstraversaz

Fatal Error: Installation ended prematurely becasue of an error.

I have Win7 64bit HP, UAC disabled.

Did you reboot after disabling UAC? WIndows should have prompted you to. If so and still getting the error, I would suggest re-downloading it as something may have gone awry there.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I work with Cubase 5.01, Win XP 32 SP3, 3.25 GB RAM

Nothing from EastWest works after the installation:

Effect 1) After the free install my Voices of Passion and my Stormdrum 2 don't work (whole Play engine don't loads ...) in the host sequencer.

Effect 2) The stand alone version runs with Voices of Passion and Stormdrums 2 but gives a license error, if I try one of the Orchestra Instruments.

After these effects I reinstalled the PLAY engine.
Now it says (in the host) I need a version higher 1.1.17 but have 1.2.5

Until now no reason to be glad.

Run the PLAY Software Update 1.2.5.3... do NOT choose any orchestra from the list of products in that Play Update 1.2.5.3 (the FREE orchestra is a standalone orchestra version, but not full Silver), do choose VOP and SD2 from this list however.

This should solve that issue.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Would appreciate some suggestions for this issue. I downloaded and installed the Orch Free version of Play. My system is: Win XP SP2, Pent Dual Core, 2 gig Ram, running Pro Tools LE Mbox2 Mini 8.0cs3.

Following the instructions, i successfully installed the product. Runs great in standalone mode. In threads over at the Digidesign User Conference (the DUC), I saw it mentioned that there wasn't yet an RTAS version of EWQLO, so I used FXpansion to wrap the VST dll that was installed. I later discovered that I indeed DID have the RTAS version sitting in my instrument plugin list within Pro Tools. So, I set up an instrument track (stereo) and instatiated the RTAS version of Play onto the track. Everything loaded in fine. Using the browser, I selected a voice. By all appearances, it loaded in fine. I could see the little white line move near the bottom of the screen, and the parameters changed on the screen (ie the envelope screen). However, playing notes with either my midi controller or directly pointing and clicking on the keys produces no sound at all. The test tone works in the set-up screen. I loaded in several of the voices, same thing. They all appear to load in fine, but I simply have no audio output.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why this might be happening and what I need to do? :confused:

Thanks

Did you re-boot after installation?

-Jonathan

damstraversaz
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
in my case , I re download several time the archives and i was able to install it on my other computer. I'm sure the archives are good. ( copy several time on 2 usb card ). i just try to install the play engine update form the site, and the same error appears, with the same message , so it's cleary coming from the installer.
. hope it helps you a little.:)
thanks a lot for your help

timecom
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Did you reboot after disabling UAC? WIndows should have prompted you to. If so and still getting the error, I would suggest re-downloading it as something may have gone awry there.

-Jonathan

Yes, reboot after disabling UAC. Firewall is disabled too. I download both 32bit and 64bit version. Both installers give me same error message.

interpolate
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't get any sound output under Standalone using Vista x64 and it keeps saying it can't locate the IR files. Although I'm sure there should be a reason why.

Jonathan Kranz
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't get any sound output under Standalone using Vista x64 and it keeps saying it can't locate the IR files. Although I'm sure there should be a reason why.

Did you already have the Gold Orchestra Play Edition installed?

-Jonathan

DonaldM
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Did you re-boot after installation?

-Jonathan

Yes, immediately after as instructed by the installation screen. I've also tried re-booting to solve the issue, to no avail.

alexboccia
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Kranz View Post

-Jonathan

I only have Cubase 32 bit installed even though I am running Windows 7 in 64bit...I am pretty new to recording related things so perhaps this was a mistake. Although I have no problem running Goliath.

DocG
12-31-2009, 06:01 AM
Run the PLAY Software Update 1.2.5.3... do NOT choose any orchestra from the list of products in that Play Update 1.2.5.3 (the FREE orchestra is a standalone orchestra version, but not full Silver), do choose VOP and SD2 from this list however.

This should solve that issue.

-Jonathan

I rerun the setup two times.

1st time in the modify mode with excluding explicitly the silver orchestra. After the reboot the cubase vst showed the old problem.
2nd time I tried the repair mode. After reboot old problem again:

Message Box with the version conflict ("you need higher than 1.1.7, you have 1.2.5"
Empty/unusable Play VST with text "some components missing"

In the stand alone mode VOP and SD2 run. Not the free version - this one shows a licence conflict again.
But that's at the moment not the prob - my running system without the free thing would be fine.

interpolate
12-31-2009, 10:28 AM
It's never worked under Vista x64 standalone. This is not a problem at the moment as I use XP x64 for musical stuff. Although you do know why, please let me know. Happy New year.

Jonathan Kranz
12-31-2009, 10:47 AM
It's never worked under Vista x64 standalone. This is not a problem at the moment as I use XP x64 for musical stuff. Although you do know why, please let me know. Happy New year.

I don't think you saw my question a few posts back... did you already have the Gold Orchestra installed on that machine?

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I rerun the setup two times.

1st time in the modify mode with excluding explicitly the silver orchestra. After the reboot the cubase vst showed the old problem.
2nd time I tried the repair mode. After reboot old problem again:

Message Box with the version conflict ("you need higher than 1.1.7, you have 1.2.5"
Empty/unusable Play VST with text "some components missing"

In the stand alone mode VOP and SD2 run. Not the free version - this one shows a licence conflict again.
But that's at the moment not the prob - my running system without the free thing would be fine.

Make sure you have the latest VST plugin in your sequencer host's VST folder. You can direct it there in the update setup.

-Jonathan

DonaldM
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Well this is curiouser and curiouser. Over at the DUC, someone discovered that after instantiating Play on an instrument track in Pro Tools, you have to go to the File menu, select "current instrument" and UNCHECK the "stream from drive" option, which loads the sample up into RAM. So, I did that, and I have audio! Fine and dandy.

BUT, now I'm wondering what is interfering with the stream from drive function in the first place in Pro Tools? Is there some PT setting that needs to be adjusted? Does anyone know? I thought the whole idea behind the Play engine with the drive streaming was to conserve memory. Now, I have to eat up a lot of RAM just to play a sample. Something is not right with this.

Anyone have insights, suggestions?

Thanks

alexboccia
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
When in stand alone and in Cubase I get this message:

Desktop PC:
Windows 7-64bit
Cubase 5-32bit
Goliath-32bit
FREE SO-32bit

Jonathan Kranz
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
When in stand alone and in Cubase I get this message:

Desktop PC:
Windows 7-64bit
Cubase 5-32bit
Goliath-32bit
FREE SO-32bit

Try this... go to:

(you may need to enable 'view hidden files...' from the control panel to see this)

C: Program Data / East West

Trash the 'Play' app there, also delete the PLAY_VST.dll from wherever you have that installed for your sequencer host.

Re-run the FREE Orchestra installer (either in repair mode or custom install without the library again).

-Jonathan

alexboccia
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Try this... go to:

(you may need to enable 'view hidden files...' from the control panel to see this)

Trash the 'Play' app there, also delete the PLAY_VST.dll from wherever you have that installed for your sequencer host.

Re-run the FREE Orchestra installer (either in repair mode or custom install without the library again).

-Jonathan

Ok, I'll check that out...thanks!

Jonathan Kranz
12-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok, I'll check that out...thanks!

Also... MAKE SURE that you are getting the VST from the Free Orchestra installer and not the version you had before (possibly 1.2.5.3 Play Update). This will still accommodate your other PLAY libraries as well.

If you are using the 32 bit VST in 64 bit, you may need to use the 'Custom Install' option from the FREE Orchestra installer to install the 32 bit VST... Alex my guess is that you have the old VST, since standalone is working for you but not as a VST plugin in cubase.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
12-31-2009, 02:48 PM
For the user's getting the "symphonicorchestra free.key License expired or invalid" message, please see the following:

I installed the FREE Orchestra and am getting a "symphonicorchestra free.key License expired or invalid" message, what should I do? (https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=83)

-Jonathan

luces
12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Okay, I am VERY frustrated now. The "FREE" gift has turned out to be a HUGE PITA! I have tried ALL of these suggestions and no luck. I have been at this game for 5 hours now!!!! SO I tried uninstallimg EVERY QL and E/W program that was listed and then I tried to reinstall my original SD2 and I am still getting errors. In Cubase 32 bit on a Vista 64 machine I get an error that says.."The installed version of this product is not compatible with this version of Play" So my question is this: How do I COMPLETELY get rid of ALLL traces of any previous installations of PLay/QL SD 2 and the "freebie orch" so that I can TRY to reinstall my previously working version of SD2?

BTW, I downloaded and installed the latest version of PLAY(1.2.5.3) or whatever it is.

luces

alexboccia
12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Try this... go to:

-Jonathan

I looked for "C: Program Data" and all I have is "C: Program files" I'm assuming this is the same thing. I located the "East/West" folder and this is what is inside:

Authorization folder
Documentation folder
QL Goliath

I see nothing labled "Play app", but I'm assuming that would be Goliath. I see nothing in relation to the FREE Orchestra. I do not want to do anything that will upset my Goliath configuration as it is working fine. I am worried that if I delete the PLAY_VST.dll located in the "VSTPlugins" folder, which is located in the "Cubase" folder, it will disable Goliath. Putting the PLAY_VST.dll in that folder is what got Goliath working in the first place.

Perhaps I should just give up on this.:confused:

ETM Dude
12-31-2009, 09:10 PM
I looked for "C: Program Data" and all I have is "C: Program files" I'm assuming this is the same thing. I located the "East/West" folder and this is what is inside:

Authorization folder
Documentation folder
QL Goliath

I see nothing labled "Play app", but I'm assuming that would be Goliath. I see nothing in relation to the FREE Orchestra. I do not want to do anything that will upset my Goliath configuration as it is working fine. I am worried that if I delete the PLAY_VST.dll located in the "VSTPlugins" folder, which is located in the "Cubase" folder, it will disable Goliath. Putting the PLAY_VST.dll in that folder is what got Goliath working in the first place.

Perhaps I should just give up on this.:confused:

I think you missed the first part of Jonathan's instructions:

ETM Dude
12-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Okay, I am VERY frustrated now. The "FREE" gift has turned out to be a HUGE PITA! I have tried ALL of these suggestions and no luck. I have been at this game for 5 hours now!!!! SO I tried uninstallimg EVERY QL and E/W program that was listed and then I tried to reinstall my original SD2 and I am still getting errors. In Cubase 32 bit on a Vista 64 machine I get an error that says.."The installed version of this product is not compatible with this version of Play" So my question is this: How do I COMPLETELY get rid of ALLL traces of any previous installations of PLay/QL SD 2 and the "freebie orch" so that I can TRY to reinstall my previously working version of SD2?

BTW, I downloaded and installed the latest version of PLAY(1.2.5.3) or whatever it is.

luces

Read the 'IMPORTANT' note in Jonathan's link at the bottom of that page, I had the same issue and that resolved it for me in Vista 64 with C5 32 bit. If its working in standalone and not in 32 bit VST than you don't have the correct 32 bit VST from the Free installer (which worked for my other Play libraries as well).

Tyler Johnson
01-01-2010, 04:29 AM
You guys are all asking the same questions. Why don't you read through this thread AND the installation manual before posting. Poor Jonathan is like a broken record here...

DonaldM
01-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Well this is curiouser and curiouser. Over at the DUC, someone discovered that after instantiating Play on an instrument track in Pro Tools, you have to go to the File menu, select "current instrument" and UNCHECK the "stream from drive" option, which loads the sample up into RAM. So, I did that, and I have audio! Fine and dandy.

BUT, now I'm wondering what is interfering with the stream from drive function in the first place in Pro Tools? Is there some PT setting that needs to be adjusted? Does anyone know? I thought the whole idea behind the Play engine with the drive streaming was to conserve memory. Now, I have to eat up a lot of RAM just to play a sample. Something is not right with this.

Anyone have insights, suggestions?

Thanks

I think I know the answer to this already is no, but I'll ask anyway: would putting the samples on a USB drive work for streaming? I know Pro Tools won't work with session files located on one, but I wondered if Play might, and if that might solve the streaming issue some of us PT users seem to be having.

erussx2
01-01-2010, 04:41 PM
For those ofus who have Windows 7 64 bit BUT run Cubase32bit, which install do we use? 64 or 32?

Also I see you asking people if the restarted after install. Well,which install...the 1st part the 2nd part or after the 3rd part?

alexboccia
01-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I think you missed the first part of Jonathan's instructions:

You are correct, I did. Thanks! And thank you Jonathan for the link!

dmoriarty
01-03-2010, 04:08 PM
There were no PDF files in any of the zips I DL'd, although the read me was there.

Is there someplace a guy can get the pdf manual?

I had to manually reconfigure the player because the install apparently failed to copy a number of wav files to the target directory. It was really peculiar, since there seemed no rhyme or reason to which got copied out and which it skipped over.

But I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get my hosts (principally Sonar) to find/recognize anything.

I guess I'm gonna need that pdf manual...

dmoriarty
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Found out (somewhere) that the VST instrument has the oddly generic name play_VST instead of something easily identifiable. And did find it in my host program's list of installed VST. It hinks out easily when loaded into the host (Sonar) but I guess that's a resource issue. (Played OK standalone and Sonar usually only takes up about 60 MB RAM on my system with nothing loaded but, you know, resources are resources.)

And I found the PDF (I was fooled by the fact it didn't show up in a scan of the DL zips... I guess it was 'hidden' within).

So I think I'm good and you can ignore my previous post -- if it ever gets posted.

ETM Dude
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
For those ofus who have Windows 7 64 bit BUT run Cubase32bit, which install do we use? 64 or 32?

Also I see you asking people if the restarted after install. Well,which install...the 1st part the 2nd part or after the 3rd part?

Run the 64 bit installer in CUSTOM install mode, so you can select the 32 bit VST plugin.

bobbyem
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I am not getting the confirmation e-mail with the password. Is there a waiting period or...?

Thanks.

phoob
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi, I was looking forward to trying this instrument out but have yet to get it to work. I have a freshly setup PC with hardly anything on it. It's running Windows XP with an M Audio Delta 2496 sound card and Cubase 5.1. There are no other EWQL products on there and never have been. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter.

I have two problems. Firstly, when I try to run the standalone program, I get the Windows error message: "Play has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I thought "OK, no big deal if it doesn't run as a standalone, I'll just use it as a VSTi in Cubase." So I loaded up Cubase and brought up the VSTi menu but the instrument is not listed there.

I'm not too bothered if I can't get it to run as a standalone (of course I'd prefer to do so as that is what it's supposed to do) as I mainly want to use it via Cubase. But seeing that I can't even get it to appear in Cubase it is, at the moment, useless.

I haven't tried reinstalling it yet to see if that fixes it as I'm hoping that there's something that someone can suggest for me to do to get it working. So any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance :)

DJ_Bach
01-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I installed the Symphonic Orchestra free onto my laptop using the default locations. Is there an easy way to copy/move the library from the internal drive to an external drive? The internal drive is 5400rpm while the external firewire drive is 7200rpm. If this is possible, would I get a performance boost doing this?
Thanks...

phoob
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Just an update to my situation:

I tried to repair the installation - didn't work. Tried updating the Play software - didn't work. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled - didn't work. What I have noticed is that even though I point the installation to my VST plugins folder it doesn't put a .dll there. However I did track down the .dll in the East West folder under Application Data so I moved it from there into my plugins folder - didn't work.

So I am now at a complete loss and very, very frustrated :( I'm just hoping that someone can suggest what else to do as it's got me baffled

Jonathan Kranz
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Just an update to my situation:

I tried to repair the installation - didn't work. Tried updating the Play software - didn't work. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled - didn't work. What I have noticed is that even though I point the installation to my VST plugins folder it doesn't put a .dll there. However I did track down the .dll in the East West folder under Application Data so I moved it from there into my plugins folder - didn't work.

So I am now at a complete loss and very, very frustrated :( I'm just hoping that someone can suggest what else to do as it's got me baffled

When you say 'didn't work' what exactly is happening? Are you getting an error message? Do you have other Play libraries installed? Exactly what system specs?

-Jonathan

damstraversaz
01-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi sorry for my bad english
a little update for me too.... i try again with my laptop, ( windows xp),. I try to change a lot of thing of my computer , try to install it from differents folders, drives and and i always have the same error

maybe I miss a basic windows xp service for the install. do you know what is necessery from windows system for install you player ? just try to find a solution...:rolleyes:

adic27
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I installed the Symphonic Orchestra free onto my laptop using the default locations. Is there an easy way to copy/move the library from the internal drive to an external drive? The internal drive is 5400rpm while the external firewire drive is 7200rpm. If this is possible, would I get a performance boost doing this?
Thanks...

drag and drop, and i think the higher rpm's on your external might help you out performance wise, as i've read so in another thread...i think :D

once you move EW sample libraries you have to set the directory by right clicking whatever library and changing its location (in the favorites window inside the PLAY interface).

phoob
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
When you say 'didn't work' what exactly is happening? Are you getting an error message? Do you have other Play libraries installed? Exactly what system specs?

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, thanks for replying. I did actually already explain what the problems are 2 posts up from my previous one. As for my detailed specs they are:

Win XP 32-bit
Cubase 5.1
AMD Athlon XP 2200
Gigabyte GA-7N400 L mobo
2GB DDR400 3200 RAM
M Audio Delta 2496 sound card
Geforce 6600 GT graphics card
Seagate 7200 RPM 160GB IDE main drive
Hitatchi 7200 RPM 500GB IDE drive for samples

Yes, I know the system's not very powerful by today's standards perhaps, but even if the software ran slowly it should at the very least surely be detected in the VST instruments menu? Having said all that, I have just installed the library on my nephew's machine, which is about half as poweful as mine, running cubase SX 3 and on a SB Live card and it ran perfectly, both as a standalone and as a VSTi - nice and quick loading up, no problems in Cubase, everything fine and dandy with no errors, conflicts or slowness problems. My other nephew has also been running it without any problems on a machine with almost identical specs as mine, but with only 1GB of RAM.

Having just had the opportunity to finally play around with the library I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with it, especially for a stripped-down free version. I just wish I could get it to work on my machine :( One other thing I've just remembered is that, having found the .dll and moved it to the VST plugins folder, Cubase does actually detect that it's there upon loading up. But there's still no sign of it in the VSTi menu or in the plugin management menu

DJ_Bach
01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
uninstall + reinstall w/external drive on = problem solved!

bobbyem
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey I still haven´t gotten a confirmation e-mail :(

I really want to try out the PLAY sampler, pretty please with sugar on top, could someone at EW check why I haven´t gotten the e-mail?

DJ_Bach
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
drag and drop, and i think the higher rpm's on your external might help you out performance wise, as i've read so in another thread...i think :D

once you move EW sample libraries you have to set the directory by right clicking whatever library and changing its location (in the favorites window inside the PLAY interface).

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program. The external drive was turned on and the installer chose it automatically for the library target. Performance seems to be a little better. Thanks for the tip as this is good to know for the future.

Jonathan Kranz
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey I still haven´t gotten a confirmation e-mail :(

I really want to try out the PLAY sampler, pretty please with sugar on top, could someone at EW check why I haven´t gotten the e-mail?

PM me if you still have not gotten the download links. You may also want to verify that your www.soundsonline.com account has the right email on file (not forum account, but homepage/webstore account).

-Jonathan

helgetjelta
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
OK, the stand alone works fine. but the VST plug sucks.
On cubase and Nuendo, I get

The installed versions of this product plugin in not compatible with this version of Play
Product Plugin ra
Play versrion 1.1.13
Minimum 1.1.10
Your Version 1.2.5

So all should be okay. But not.... And in the VST list it shows only PLAY, not RA or EWQL

sincerely Helge
Mac, 10.6.2, Nuendo 4.3, Cubase 5.1.1

helgetjelta
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi, I had to remove old VST that was in my system for the RA (1.1.13) and then it loaded...

nice
sincerely Helge

translucent minds
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
key license terms error here as well

adic27
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
o

Jonathan Kranz
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
key license terms error here as well

Did you do this?

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=83

-Jonathan

qpress
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
The part 1 istaller crashed after the first next button.
I got this:

AppName: msiexec.exe AppVer: 4.5.6001.22159 ModName: msihnd.dll
ModVer: 3.1.4001.5512 Offset: 00036935

electronicmaddness
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
hi..i already posted this question once but it seems to have disappeared!

i downloaded all 3 dmg files & mounted them...but running the mpkg file keeps giving me this error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

i tried repairing the disk & moving it to the desktop (because i found that advice on other forums as a possible fix)

but nothing seems to work...it took me about a week to download this...i hope theres some way to overcome this that doesnt involve re-downloading all of it again...

also hope my query doesnt vanish this time :)

thanks in advance

(im on os 10.6.2 btw)

Elffin
01-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Just wondering . I'm using Sonar 8PE and when I add the free orchestra into existing projects it won't play a thing. the midi information arrives in PLAY but nothing on the meters in play

works fine otherwise.

Jonathan Kranz
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Just wondering . I'm using Sonar 8PE and when I add the free orchestra into existing projects it won't play a thing. the midi information arrives in PLAY but nothing on the meters in play

works fine otherwise.

Did you already have another PLAY Orchestra product installed?

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
The part 1 istaller crashed after the first next button.
I got this:

AppName: msiexec.exe AppVer: 4.5.6001.22159 ModName: msihnd.dll
ModVer: 3.1.4001.5512 Offset: 00036935

I would suggest re-downloading the installers and trying again.

-Jonathan

Elffin
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Did you already have another PLAY Orchestra product installed?

-Jonathan

Nope. I installed this on another computer.

A few sonar users have reported this problem - it may be a clash with Dimension pro? I had omnisphere and kompact installed in my project at the time.

Jonathan Kranz
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Are you using ASIO in Sonar? Do you have valid audio outputs in the synth properties page upon instantiation?

-Jonathan

Elffin
01-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Using Asio yes.

Synth audio outputs are correct.

magmavander
01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi,

first, thanks for the gift, but unfortunately I cant make it work. See the picture :

http://zepload.com/images/1263136392_EWQL Error 1320.jpg

Clicking "Retry" doesnt work and I have to cancel install.

I'm on vista premium. I have disabled UAC, rebooted before installing.

Guest user is disabled. I have an ASP.NET Machine Account as user. I think it was installed with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 I needed for a music freeware I use. Can this be the problem ?

Thanks in advance!

magmavander

bobbyem
01-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I got the setup files now Jonathan, PLAY SOUNDS GREAT!

Jonathan Kranz
01-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi,

first, thanks for the gift, but unfortunately I cant make it work. See the picture :

http://zepload.com/images/1263136392_EWQL Error 1320.jpg

Clicking "Retry" doesnt work and I have to cancel install.

I'm on vista premium. I have disabled UAC, rebooted before installing.

Guest user is disabled. I have an ASP.NET Machine Account as user. I think it was installed with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 I needed for a music freeware I use. Can this be the problem ?

Thanks in advance!

magmavander

I've never seen this happen... it also looks like its trying to install to an XP directory (Users/Application Data...)... which is odd since you are on Vista. Are you installing over a network or something along those lines?

-Jonathan

magmavander
01-12-2010, 07:46 AM
I am not installing thru any network, I just made a 'normal' install. Maybe I can download again but it's 1.6 Gb... and it doesnt seems that those I have downloaded are corrupted. The archive contains no error. I am very disappointed, I thought it was a cool idea to discover the commercial product thru a freeware. I just hope that the commercial products are better quality.

idragosani
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I am not installing thru any network, I just made a 'normal' install. Maybe I can download again but it's 1.6 Gb... and it doesnt seems that those I have downloaded are corrupted. The archive contains no error. I am very disappointed, I thought it was a cool idea to discover the commercial product thru a freeware. I just hope that the commercial products are better quality.

Have you tried installing to a different directory?

magmavander
01-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Nope, I havent tried atm. I am downloading again the first of the three files. When it will be downloaded I will try again.
BTW, when I unzip the three files (Part_1,2 and 3) they are unziped as folders with the msi file in each folder. Then I double click on the installer part_1.msi to start installation. Is it the right way to do ? I guess yes but maybe I have missed something. EDIT : I just tried install in another folder but didnt work too... :(

idragosani
01-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't think your installers are corrupted. You are doing the installation correctly, unzip each folder (don't try to run without extracting first) and then double click on the MSI file. I have Vista Home Premium (64-bit) and was able to install the software without any problem. What was the other folder you tried to install to? Did you get the same error? I wonder if you are having some kind of library conflict from something else you've installed.

magmavander
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
thanks for helping idragosani :) So I can say I didnt install it wrong. I tried to install the library in another hard disk installed on my computer but same error. BTW, it asks me the path for the library and the for VST (the vst is installed in my usual vst folder >> C:/Program File/Jeskola Buzz/Gear/VST) nothing more. Well it have been a cool dream but now it's a nightmare...

idragosani
01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
What kind of hardware are you installing on (like make, model, etc)

magmavander
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm installing it on a packard bell computer, Intel Core2 cpu 4300 1.8 Ghz, 2 Gb of ram, 32 bits system vista service pack2. I have an external usb soundblaster soundcard. The HD where I install EWQL is 280 Gb abd has more than 50 Gb of free space. I have tried to install from a fresh download but I have exactly the same error... :confused:

idragosani
01-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Usually you get that error when you have a drive that is using the 'subst' command or a mounted network drive. On my system, all of the samples got installed on a designated separate drive (E:\EWQLSO Library) and the VST plugin got installed under C:\Program Files\VstPlugins and the standalone app under C:\Program Files\EastWest (or something like that).

natesmusic
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure this exact question has been answered yet, so I'll ask it anyway. Feel free to point me in the right direction if it has already been answered.

I'm using 32 bit Reaper as my host on an intel quad core 64 bit vista machine. I downloaded the 64bit installer and parts 2 and 3. I disabled UAC and all virus stuff that could possibly interfere. I installed the first part, putting both the 32bit and 64bit vsts in the same folder as all my other vsts. after part one, i restarted just as it asked me to. I then installed parts 2 and 3 in order.

The standalone works great and sounds great. I'm getting the reverb error, but I'm not as worried about that.

Reaper doesn't see the vst's. I've recanned for them etc. I see them in the folder, but neither one is recognized as a plugin by Reaper. It gives no errors, it just doesn't see the 32 or 64 vst.

So I go and try Ableton Live 7. Search the folder for new vst's and the Play 32bit crashes Ableton. The 64bit isn't recognized.

I've redownloaded and done a fresh install 3 times following the instructions to the letter (i believe anyway). It has done this for all three attempts. I'm very interested in this software and several other EastWest vsti's, but if I can't get this to work soon, I'm going to give up.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong here and thank you for you're help in advance.

magmavander
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Searching about the error 1320 I found this, maybe this can help someone :

http://support.spss.com/student/Troubleshooting/stuResSearchDetail.asp?ID=73598

I have tried this solution but it was impossible to move the Application Data shortcut. I have to move the Application Data folder that was located at 'C:/Users/ my name' to the destop then move to trash the shortcuts (there was another Application Data shortcut in 'C:/Users/ my name') after I tried installing but without success. Same error.

By the way what is SUBST exactly ?

Also I have Daemon Tools installed with some virtual drive. May this be a problem ?

Or the fact that I have a second HD that was installed in my previous computer. This HD was containing two virtual drive : C and D. In C was installed WinXP Pro. I didnt remove Windows or erase this HD, just connected it to my new computer and used it as storage. Never had any problems since...

Sorry, I'm a bit noob :o

thanks for all the effort ;)

idragosani
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah I saw that link before.

SUBST is a command used to create a 'virtual' drive by assigning a specific folder to a drive letter. It's rarely used these days but was used a lot back in the days of early Windows & DOS networking.

Not sure what Daemon tools is but could be an issue. What kind of virtual drive?

I'd wipe that second drive and use it for your samples, if possible (assuming it's internal and not an external USB drive). There could be some weird conflicts with Vista. Did you happen to copy all of your data from the XP drive to your Vista drive? Maybe that's confusing the installer.

bo.forcella
01-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Ok, this is a dumb question if you want, but, as much as id love to give a try to EW products (im VERY interested in all the choirs and the platinum version of SO) I am not, if i only can, going to mess my XP SP3 box that runs ProTools LE 8.0.3 with a Digidedisgn MBox 2 and an M-Audio Axiom 49 controller, the whole thing works perfectly, never had an issue, and i need it to work and try to put some foodon the table. I know i should have a "test" machine, but the one i had crashed miserably, so for now im out of one. Hence i am NOT going to install the free sw for now, until i have more clear ideas about potential problems and what the best configuration should be (espcially keeping in mind that, as soon as ProTool comes out with a 64bit version im coing to move everything under W7/64, that is what i use for all my other stuff on other machines).

In short, it seem to me that there are some serious issues with Play. And it seem it is actually confirmed that so far the workarounds are just that, workarounds from users. Is there any "certified" solution/configuration that will work with PT without messing up the whole thing ? I honestly am not really in the mood to experiment, and i know there no "official" support for the free version but at the same time, before shelling out more than a grand in EW products id like to be sure that i could use them without spending hours in testing and stuff as i really do not have time for that. I am an IT engineer so the technical side doesnt worry me, but again, the very last thing i need is something that wastes hours o my time, which i dont have.

Any idea ?

magmavander
01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the help. atm I dont want to spend that much time to install. Maybe later. Thanks again :)

Valkirius
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Is suppose to appear the file play_vst.dll its because doenst appear for me :/

Jonathan Kranz
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Or the fact that I have a second HD that was installed in my previous computer. This HD was containing two virtual drive : C and D. In C was installed WinXP Pro. I didnt remove Windows or erase this HD, just connected it to my new computer and used it as storage. Never had any problems since...

Sorry, I'm a bit noob :o

thanks for all the effort ;)

It sounds like this might be at the root of the problem, as I mentioned before... its looking for an XP directory (Application Data) when it should be looking for the Vista directory (Program Data). I would try making a clean installation of your OS, as it is now everything seems a bit scattered about.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
01-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Is suppose to appear the file play_vst.dll its because doenst appear for me :/

Where are you looking? Try this if you cannot find it:

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=44&nav=0,1,5,10,27

-Jonathan

Valkirius
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Where are you looking? Try this if you cannot find it:

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=44&nav=0,1,5,10,27

-Jonathan

I check the folder and I dont see the file.

Jonathan Kranz
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I would re-install part 1 in (repair) mode... it should give you that file. You could also remove the program and re-install just part 1, there's a screen during the installation process where you can specify where you want to the VST to get installed to as well.

-Jonathan

mikes123
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Pro Tools (ver 8.02) - Loaded Orch parts 123 and I see Play as a plug in the instrument track but it's not responding to anything . I've read the install notes - can't see anything I've done wrong.

geefunk
01-28-2010, 06:58 AM
OK - I posted this as a thread in its own right, but the PLAY section seems to have been merged into General Discussion, so I'll post here too. Can you guys check something for me - I seem to have a glitch with the Free edition. When I load the first instrument - 11V Lyr A - and play the G2 key (the first one that's playable on the keyboard), if I hold it to sustain, it clicks as it's resetting/looping. None of the others in this set do it, and the settings (on the app) seem to be the same for each sample. Anyone else getting this?

I've opened the samples in an editor, and while it doesn't have a fade out, neither do the others - so the Play application obviously accounts for that independently...?

I posted this issue over at SOS, and a Gold user has the same issue, with the same sample....

Any ideas? I've tried the Engine level, but actually PLAY just crashes the moment I try and change the buffer - but that's a separate issue for now...!

xmarsx
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
After installing QL RA and the current play updates for the SD2 and MOR, I cannot open the free orchestra. When I try to open it in my session, a window comes up that says symphonicorchestra free.key license expired or invalid. I have a MAC PRO. How can I get the license to reactivate so I can continue using it in the sessions?

sinzero
01-31-2010, 08:10 AM
i'm having the same problem on winXP SP3. After reading through this thread I find no response to this post/issue below

Hi sorry for my bad english
a little update for me too.... i try again with my laptop, ( windows xp),. I try to change a lot of thing of my computer , try to install it from differents folders, drives and and i always have the same error

maybe I miss a basic windows xp service for the install. do you know what is necessery from windows system for install you player ? just try to find a solution...:rolleyes:

Jonathan Kranz
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
After installing QL RA and the current play updates for the SD2 and MOR, I cannot open the free orchestra. When I try to open it in my session, a window comes up that says symphonicorchestra free.key license expired or invalid. I have a MAC PRO. How can I get the license to reactivate so I can continue using it in the sessions?

If you've run the Play Software Update 1.2.5, you'll just need to re-run the Free Orchestra installer (not the Library portion, just the software components).

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
i'm having the same problem on winXP SP3. After reading through this thread I find no response to this post/issue below

At what stage of the installation are you getting this message?

-Jonathan

damstraversaz
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
on the beginning of the installation

damstraversaz
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I forgot... windows xp SP2 in my case, not SP3

Jonathan Kranz
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I would suggest re-downloading the part 1 installer. Also during installation, you may want to turn off any anti-virus/firewall software or disconnect from the internet entirely (its rare but has been known to cause issues during the installation process).

-Jonathan

damstraversaz
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
it download several time the installer and I install the software with the same files without problem on my second computer. also it's a "music" computer, so no internet connection, no antivirus, no firewall.

sinzero
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I would suggest re-downloading the part 1 installer. Also during installation, you may want to turn off any anti-virus/firewall software or disconnect from the internet entirely (its rare but has been known to cause issues during the installation process).

-Jonathan

I have also downloaded all parts at least 3 times. no anti-virus/firewall software here either

Jonathan Kranz
02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Are you guys logged into an admin account in Windows?

-Jonathan

sinzero
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Are you guys logged into an admin account in Windows?

-Jonathan

yes, this is my own computer. This video of the install is 40 seconds long:

http://shup.com/Shup/277136/orch.gif

damstraversaz
02-05-2010, 01:42 AM
logged into an admin account too and the video show exactly what I have on my computer.

Jonathan Kranz
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Are you guys running the installer from the .zip file or extracting it to another location and then running it?

-Jonathan

damstraversaz
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
extract and running ,in my case

damien

sinzero
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
extracting

sinzero
02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
:(

uh...see the previous page

SatoriShakti
02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
When attempting to load a PLAY virtual instrument to a Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 session (using Windows XP with 3Gb RAM, 3Ghz, and an MBox 2), the PLAY GUI locks up. None of the buttons work. I have read in other forums elsewhere that this is a known problem and that, in fact, PLAY does not work with any version of Pro Tools. Is this true?

Bean
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone!
Not sure if this has been answered already, but I see three downloads for the Mac (part 1, part 2, part 3). So am I downloading all three of these and installing each one in order?

Many thanks!

Mark Kaufman
02-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Hello...I have a question about settings in regards to Cubase Studio 4. I run it on a PC through Windows XP.

In standalone mode, all works well, and all sounds are routed nicely through my MIDI controller (Yamaha KX49). But when I open Play via Cubase, I can only play the sounds by mouse-clicking on the Play interface keyboard--I am unable to play the sounds through my controller. When I go to Settings, the MIDI tab is disabled. However, when Play is opened in standalone mode, I DO have access to that tab.

What am I missing here? I would love to be able to record in Cubase.

Thanks.

-mk

Mark Kaufman
02-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Wish I could edit my last post since my description of the issue was a misleading one-off event, but I will update it instead.

As it turns out, my issue appears to be a dropout issue when Play is used as a VST in Cubase Studio 4. I did have it working once, but it quickly ceased to work. Meanwhile, other engines continue to work as VSTs (Kontakt, HALion One), and Play continues to work in stand-alone mode.

Is there any advice as to how I should be optimizing settings for Play to avoid this issue? Since it does work on occasion, it stands to reason that I do have the VST routing set up correctly.

I have a 2gb Intel Dual processor
2 gb ram
Windows XP on a PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Mark Kaufman

Jonathan Kranz
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Wish I could edit my last post since my description of the issue was a misleading one-off event, but I will update it instead.

As it turns out, my issue appears to be a dropout issue when Play is used as a VST in Cubase Studio 4. I did have it working once, but it quickly ceased to work. Meanwhile, other engines continue to work as VSTs (Kontakt, HALion One), and Play continues to work in stand-alone mode.

Is there any advice as to how I should be optimizing settings for Play to avoid this issue? Since it does work on occasion, it stands to reason that I do have the VST routing set up correctly.

I have a 2gb Intel Dual processor
2 gb ram
Windows XP on a PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Mark Kaufman

Hi Mark,

Are you experiencing that only when PLAY is used in combination with those other VI's? Is it exhibiting this behavior when used in a new session? Note that some VI's (such as Kontakt) do alot a rather large chunk of memory to themselves (regardless of whats loaded) and can often leave PLAY in the lurch if its added at the end of a large session (even more so in 32 bit territory). We have some information on this here:

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=68&nav=0,1,5,10,28

-Jonathan

Mark Kaufman
02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Thank you, Jonathan. I will go read the link, but to answer your question, no...I have tried to start a brand new session with Play and nothing else, but no sounds come out of Play. I see the MIDI signal, but no sound. Then I will add HALion One to the same project, and I WILL hear sounds. So this tells me it may not be a matter of overloaded CPU... I'm baffled.

cheesehead
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I just installed Voices of Passion and the Play 1.2.5 updater (which I was told I had to do). Now, my Symphonic Orchestra Free gives me this error when I try to load a patch: "symphonicorchestra free.key License expired or invalid."

WHY???

Damir
02-19-2010, 11:51 AM
A few weeks ago I downloaded the Free Orchestra and it worked immediately. In meantime I purchased also Symphonic Choirs and VOP. The Choirs and VOP work perfectly but now I cannot play the Free Orchestra anymore since this message appears when I try to use it: Error loading patch syphonicorchestra Silver...License Terms Not Found. Please help. Damir

Jonathan Kranz
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Thank you, Jonathan. I will go read the link, but to answer your question, no...I have tried to start a brand new session with Play and nothing else, but no sounds come out of Play. I see the MIDI signal, but no sound. Then I will add HALion One to the same project, and I WILL hear sounds. So this tells me it may not be a matter of overloaded CPU... I'm baffled.

Hi Mark,

Do you hear the 'Test Tone' inside the Play settings window?

-Jonathan

Jonathan Kranz
02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
I just installed Voices of Passion and the Play 1.2.5 updater (which I was told I had to do). Now, my Symphonic Orchestra Free gives me this error when I try to load a patch: "symphonicorchestra free.key License expired or invalid."

WHY???

Re-run the part 1 of the Orchestra Free Installer... it is a standalone product (not one of the Orchestra versions covered in the Play 1.2.5 Update)... just re-run the Orcehstra Free Installer and choose not to install the library portion, this should bring everything back in sync.

-Jonathan

Mark Kaufman
02-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Mark,

Do you hear the 'Test Tone' inside the Play settings window?

-Jonathan

Yes, I do. Right now I have it loaded all by itself and nothing else, but no instrument sounds. CPU is only hitting about 10% on a key hit. 10 minutes ago, I opened it like this and DID get instrument sounds. I tried again after closing and opening Cubase and starting a fresh program, and didn't...so it's kind of hit and miss. But in all cases, yes, I do hear the test tone through Play when running as a VST.

Hope that means something good...? :D Really awesome sounds.

Progames25
02-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi,
I recently finished installing the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Free Edition on my computer. I set it up to be a plugin for fl studio and it works fine. But I am having a problem when exporting my song (using only Symphonic Orchestra Free insturments, nothing else). When I go to export->mp3 or wav or ogg - any file type - and let it save it as the audio file then when I try to listen to the mp3 or whatever I just saved it as, the sounds are all clipped and each note lasts less than a second and the entire thing sounds choppy because of it. When I listen to the song from within Fl Studio all the notes play back correctly, it is only AFTER I export it and listen to the audio file that I saved it as does it sound like this.

All other songs I make and export sound just fine, it seems as if Fl Studio is having trouble exporting the info from the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Free VST for some reason...

Is there a setting within this plugin that might fix this? I tried the Fl Studio forums but so far none of their solutions have worked...

I have attached an mp3 I made using only a Symphonic Orchestra VST insturment to show you what exactly it is doing.

Thanks

oldavey
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm new to the VST game, although I've been playing e-keyboards for 24 yrs (first was my new 1986 Kawai K3 synth) and now play with 3-4 at gigs. I wanted to experiment with VSTs and started with the EW Free edition. I've installed and setup everything, and get the UI, Browser, Etc, with no issues. Unfortunately I'm not getting any instrument sounds (.ewi) when one is added (standalone). I get the test tone OK, and I'm using ASIO4All with my onboard laptop card (HP/IDT SRS-HD) for the time being. I haven't tried Ableton Live Intro as a host yet...I'm too lost now! Any ideas before I resort to the going back to the "stone-age" of my real keys?

rdentato
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi all!

I downloaded the Orchestra Free version but it seems I can't install it.

The installation process ends with the message:
Installation ended prematurely because of an error

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, Italian version.
I've tried disabling UAC and also disabling the firewall (Comodo Internet Security), just in case.

Any suggestion on what else I could try?

Thanks,

Remo.D.

Mark Kaufman
02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I little update on my issue (cue the violins :violin: )... :D

It turns out that if I open a new project in Cubase, it will work about 50% of the time...but in any other way or form, it only opens about 10% of the time. So, I've come up with a workaround:

I compose what I want to hear in HALion One and export the MIDI file. Then I open a new project (have to close Cubase entirely first) and import the MIDI file, and add Play as a VST. This is working about every other time, but hey, it's there! :headbang: Then I export that MIDI track to an audio file, and re-import it into the original project. Kinda long and messy, but what the heck...can't complain about the price, and the sounds are fantastic.

So I guess my case is closed unless based on my story you can think of any tweaks that I should be doing to make it run without that workaround...if so, I'd love to purchase a few libraries. This is great sounding stuff.

Thank you! -Mark

Zephonic
02-25-2010, 03:06 AM
I downloaded and installed EWQL Free Orchestra on my 2007 iMac and it works find in standalone mode, but when I try to open an instance within Cubase 4.5.2 it causes cubase to "unxepectedly quit".
That's too bad, but now I have purchased Goliath and am about to buckle up for the installation and am apprehensive about Free Orch's PLAY engine causing conflicts with Goliath's. Would it be advisable to uninstall PLAY first before commencing with goliath's installation? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Menno

root
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I have 17 instruments but 20 Samples.

The 3 extra samples are named:

2TP QLeg
2TP Stac RR x4
VCS Sus Vib Hard

without the same instruments to play them.

Is this normal or should there be 20 and 20?

If so can someone send me these instruments so I can drop them in the instruments folder?

I'm running on a windows platform.

Or any solutions will be excepted.

oldavey
02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm new to the VST game, although I've been playing e-keyboards for 24 yrs (first was my new 1986 Kawai K3 synth) and now play with 3-4 at gigs. I wanted to experiment with VSTs and started with the EW Free edition. I've installed and setup everything, and get the UI, Browser, Etc, with no issues. Unfortunately I'm not getting any instrument sounds (.ewi) when one is added (standalone). I get the test tone OK, and I'm using ASIO4All with my onboard laptop card (HP/IDT SRS-HD) for the time being. I haven't tried Ableton Live Intro as a host yet...I'm too lost now! Any ideas before I resort to the going back to the "stone-age" of my real keys?

I understand that many software companies don't want to provide support for their free products. Unfortunately many of us use this software as trials to see if the product really works, is easy to setup with our equipment, and how well the support team works. I was ready to buy the software, but based upon my setup issues and the lack formal support, I'll buy Garritan's Personal Orchestra, IK, etc. It's not what I wanted, but if this is all the support EW will give prospective buyers, how do I know how good you'll be when I drop $500-$1,000? After all, if the good stuff won't work either we sure won't get a refund will we, even from excellent retailers like Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc. Take some advice from someone who's been in business for 34 yrs, let someone (even interns) provide decent support for the "free" customers so we can become dedicated "buying" customers. If not the free version then sell a trial version for under $50 that you can afford to support better. BTW, if you've already answered the above somewhere else, let me know because I couldn't find anything in the user guide or online.

root
02-25-2010, 09:13 PM
In the mean time, could you answer my previous question about the liklehood of there being 20 samples for only 17 instruments?

Or can anybody send me the 3 missing instruments?

2TP QLeg
2TP Stac RR x4
VCS Sus Vib Hard

please...

root
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Okay I found out that these 3 must've been lost and should be in the instruments folder

Can anybody send me the 3 missing instruments?

2TP QLeg
2TP Stac RR x4
VCS Sus Vib Hard

please...

Wiian
02-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Hello East West and community :)

First off, thanks for the epic gift of a free orchestra sampler. I can't wait to try thing out once this issue is solved:

I have installed all 3 parts sucessfully, rebooted as instructed, and am running the PLAY software as a standalone. I can hear no sound. I have changed(within the Audio tab of the Options dialog) the options to both possible devices, and hear no sound, not even the test tone.

System Specs are:

Computer: Dell Vostro 1520
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Core 2 Duo P7570 (2.26GHz)
4 GB RAM
Sound Device Options:
"Primary Sound Driver"
"Speakers(High Definition Audio Device)"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help, and once again for the gift!

Wiian

4402v150
03-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new in the site.
I come from France, and sorry for my poor, poor, poor english...

I downloaded Free orchestra and have this error message:

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/14/55/90/sans_t10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=77&u=12145590)

What is this ?

Regards

Wiian
03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new in the site.
I come from France, and sorry for my poor, poor, poor english...

I downloaded Free orchestra and have this error message:

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/14/55/90/sans_t10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=77&u=12145590)

What is this ?

Regards

Looks to me like a corrupted installer. Try to download the installer again (assuming that is the first of the three installers)

Aryx
03-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I have audio problems. When I'm playing on MIDI there's no Output sound. The Input sound seems ok. I've also tried to change audio settings.

and quote:
Looks to me like a corrupted installer. Try to download the installer again (assuming that is the first of the three installers)

If your using Windows Vista or 7 disable UAC settings in control pannel. (there is an instruction in bold font before you proceed with instalation)
Worked for me.

Wiian
03-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I have audio problems. When I'm playing on MIDI there's no Output sound. The Input sound seems ok. I've also tried to change audio settings.

and quote:

If your using Windows Vista or 7 disable UAC settings in control pannel. (there is an instruction in bold font before you proceed with instalation)
Worked for me.

1. Are your problems when you run it standalone, plugin, both?

2. I forgot about the UAC problem; you're right. (I don't use the UAC at all)

Aryx
03-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Hmm so far I just used standalone I think.

nicodeme75
03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I was able to use S.O. free until a few days ago.
Now when I click on any instruments a error message appears
Licence expired or invalid!"
In the meanwhile I have installed my first non free EWQL product, Gypsy, and use my first ilock
I also have done the Play update (and the Gypsy update of april 2009, but the problem occured before that and before the Play update)
I have an Imac, OS 10.5.8.

Does someone have a clue ?

best

Nicolas

nicodeme75
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I was able to use S.O. free until a few days ago.
In the meanwhile I have installed my first non free EWQL product, Gypsy, and use my first ilock
I also have done the Play update (and the Gypsy update of april 2009, but the problem occured before that and before the Play update)
I have an Imac, OS 10.5.8.

Does someone have a clue ?

best

Nicolas

oops I wanted to write I had intsalled instead of I have installed, for I mean that the problem occured after the installation of a non free EWQL product :

was able to use S.O. free until a few days ago.
In the meanwhile I HAD installed my first non free EWQL product, Gypsy, and use my first ilock"

David W
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Thank you for this free introduction to Play and Quantum Leap Orchestra!

My Mac installation as a stand-alone on OS 10.6.2 went smoothly, I first set up the OS Audio to 48kHz and 16 bit for use with video, then went to the Play Audio Setup Tabs. I chose 48000 Hz and 2048 samples as the buffer to start with. When I clicked Apply, I got an error message "cannot set sample rate and buffer" - the application crashed. After double checking the OS Audio again I repeated the Play set up, with the same result.

The third time, I left the Play Audio on the default values - I was able to hear the test tone, load an instrument and play it back. The Audio format is set to Audio Units as perhaps the best choice (native Mac format). I plan to install Live v6 which could be a possible host unless that's not suggested for some reason.

- - How should I proceed to set up the Play Audio to other than default configuration? I see on another post that re-installing package #1 is recommended as a "repair", is this a solution for my problem?

Thank you very much for any help,
David

Jonathan Kranz
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi David,

This is actually a known Snow Leopard / core audio issue that is affecting us and many other audio software developers. If you are using an external audio interface/sound card you should be able to set this (assuming they have updated drivers for Snow Leopard), we do have a fix coming in a new update to be released shortly.

-Jonathan

MichaelDante
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Isn't a tech question as much as it is a question of is there a location for the 64-bit FREE version still available? :D I upgraded PC's and my new one is 64-bit and wanted to see if there was a place for the 64-bit FREE version to download? I've checked all the threads and the site and pulling a blank here.
Thanks

saxmonster
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Cannot get it to run on xp. Both versions of it, vst and or standalone.

JoniM
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm having a problem with the free orchestra in Windows Vista 64-bit. It works as expected when I run it as a standalone, but when I try to load it to 32-bit ACID Pro 7 or Cubase it gives me an Initialization Error that says "Code: -7". And yes, I'm trying to load the 32-bit version, not the 64-bit version. Is this a known problem and is there a fix to this?

sylva
03-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I too would like to forward a BIG THANK YOU for the free version.

In my case I am getting the following error from the 64 bit version (read the Readmy cover to cover several times, disabled the User Accounts safety provision and then rebooted):

The file D:\Users\sylva\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_EWQL_Orche stra_Free_Edition_Part_3.zip\EWQL Orchestra Free Part 3\EWQL Orchestra Free\\Samples\SFL QLeg Samples\F2SFL QLeg1 MP56.wav could not be opened.

After I press the button to get out of the error window, in about 3-4 seconds another one pops up announcing that installation now was complete.

Remarkably, I am getting this message from all 3 packages that I downloaded (and seem to be complete). I clean installed all packages in their numerical order on a new Win7 Pro 64 with 8 gigs of memory and an AMD 940 processor.

NO previous files of any E/W products were ever installed on this computer. I took the error message from one of the Log files generated during installation.

Needless to say, no libraries were installed. Interestingly, Play is installed and starts normally when called up independently of any DAW, but doesn't show any libraries detected (obviously, the library folders are empty). Sonar Studio 8.5 64 bit doesn't see Play at all, no matter what I do.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks, John.

Jonathan Kranz
03-30-2010, 03:04 PM
The temp error you are getting during installation is a file copy error, so my guess is that the download is corrupt... do you have any other connections that you can download these on? If not, try downloading again and see if you get the same error.

For Sonar, make sure to point or move the VST to the right spot, this FAQ should help with that:

-Jonathan

saxmonster
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Can anyone digest the meaning of this report as to why I cant get free to launch?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="Play.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="play.exe" SIZE="10680872" CHECKSUM="0x46BB067" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.3" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.3" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.03" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.03" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xA33BD8" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.3" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.3" LINK_DATE="12/03/2009 00:26:05" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/03/2009 00:26:05" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\fabfourplayer.dll" SIZE="5050368" CHECKSUM="0xD8E255C1" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x4DFA0A" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:52" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:52" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\goliathplayer.dll" SIZE="3252224" CHECKSUM="0x5F318067" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x31E02B" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:34" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:34" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\ministryofrockplayer.dll" SIZE="3043328" CHECKSUM="0xD5F5CEA0" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2F409D" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:30" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:30" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\quantumgypsyplayer.dll" SIZE="2641920" CHECKSUM="0x517FEC49" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x28C3B3" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:24" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:24" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\quantumpianoplayer.dll" SIZE="2142208" CHECKSUM="0x603AF30C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x211185" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:17" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:17" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\raplayer.dll" SIZE="2957312" CHECKSUM="0x78AC25C9" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2D58D1" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:08" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\silkplayer.dll" SIZE="3350528" CHECKSUM="0xBD5AC115" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x33C2A4" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:28:56" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:28:56" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\stormdrum2player.dll" SIZE="2736128" CHECKSUM="0x77A0C678" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2A5258" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:38" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:38" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\symphonicchoirsplayer.dll" SIZE="1986560" CHECKSUM="0xE92581A3" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1F45E8" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:41" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:41" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\symphonicorchestraplayer.dll" SIZE="1724416" CHECKSUM="0xB3BC98F" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1A87A4" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:44" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:29:44" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="plugins\voicesofpassionplayer.dll" SIZE="2600960" CHECKSUM="0xE043FE05" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" COMPANY_NAME="East West" PRODUCT_NAME="Play" FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(c) East West. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2876A7" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.5.0" LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:30:00" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/12/2009 23:30:00" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="989696" CHECKSUM="0x2D998938" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090321-1317)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFE572" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

sylva
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM
The temp error you are getting during installation is a file copy error, so my guess is that the download is corrupt... do you have any other connections that you can download these on? If not, try downloading again and see if you get the same error.

For Sonar, make sure to point or move the VST to the right spot, this FAQ should help with that:

-Jonathan
Thanks, Jonathan.

My frustrations with the FREE package are starting to mount. I downloaded 3 times. I reinstalled Win7, I changed memory sticks. I re-installed Free about 10 times, maybe more. I am getting the same message, each time I re-install for a different file. I am downloading from the same connection, have none other, but it's at 1.17 MBytes/second, which is quite good, on a secure VPN tunnel. I'll try it at an other location, but this will happen only in about 2 weeks when it becomes available. No other software download (from Native Instruments, for ex.) gives me ANY trouble. I don't think it's a connection or corruption problem. Since other people also have trouble, could it be that it's somewhere in the package itself? Maybe there's no perfect link with Windows Installer, who knows?

Thanks, Sylva.

joeymedina
03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Isn't a tech question as much as it is a question of is there a location for the 64-bit FREE version still available? :D I upgraded PC's and my new one is 64-bit and wanted to see if there was a place for the 64-bit FREE version to download? I've checked all the threads and the site and pulling a blank here.
Thanks

http://www.soundsonline.com/free-orchestra

joeymedina
03-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Cannot get it to run on xp. Both versions of it, vst and or standalone.

Do you receive any error messages? Does play open up at all?

Regards,

Joey Medina

joeymedina
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Jonathan.

My frustrations with the FREE package are starting to mount. I downloaded 3 times. I reinstalled Win7, I changed memory sticks. I re-installed Free about 10 times, maybe more. I am getting the same message, each time I re-install for a different file. I am downloading from the same connection, have none other, but it's at 1.17 MBytes/second, which is quite good, on a secure VPN tunnel. I'll try it at an other location, but this will happen only in about 2 weeks when it becomes available. No other software download (from Native Instruments, for ex.) gives me ANY trouble. I don't think it's a connection or corruption problem. Since other people also have trouble, could it be that it's somewhere in the package itself? Maybe there's no perfect link with Windows Installer, who knows?

Thanks, Sylva.

Are you running any anti-virus/spyware software? If so please disable them when downloading/installing the product.

Regards,

Joey Medina

sylva
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Never mind, Jonathan. Thank you for your hard work and patience with people like me.

I helps to UNZIP the files first, doesn't it :)

After all the "professional" level work I've done on the computer and reconfiguration, etc. I got the great idea to unzip the files. Well, you know what happened. So for those who, like me, think that Windows 7 is like most of the programs that zip/unzip, that is will install files directly from unzipped libraries, in my fresh experience it is not. Maybe someone knows how to install from zipped files directly in Win7.

Thanks again, John.

jpq
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
How i can download this again but for mac this time?

joeymedina
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey jpg,

You should be able to fill out the survey again on your new computer:

Regards,

Joey Medina

jpq
04-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey jpg,

You should be able to fill out the survey again on your new computer:

Regards,

Joey Medina

Yes but says my email is allredy used problem is this. I get error like this:
You have already completed this survey with xxx@yyy.zz.
ps. i only changed my email this example what kind error i get.

saxmonster
04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Joey - play doesn't open at all.

SDJ
04-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the free version, however due to stupidity I've managed to get the following error message with Free Orch after updating Play:

"symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key
License Terms Not Found!"

When updating Play I ticked Orchestra Silver. Doh. :eek:

I have uninstalled "Free" and re-installed it but still get the same error. I've tried running the iLok driver packs included in the "Free" setup folder but same error.

I've checked the licenses on my iLok key and it doesn't show one for "Free". Should it show up here?

I have also tried running the Play update again and this time not selecting "Orch Silver", but still the same error occurs. Play now permanently thinks I have Silver installed but I don't. I only own Ra and Gypsy.

Can anyone suggest how to get the Free orch working again considering the things I have tried above. Many thanks!! :)

SDJ

joeymedina
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes but says my email is allredy used problem is this. I get error like this:
You have already completed this survey with xxx@yyy.zz.
ps. i only changed my email this example what kind error i get.

Do you have another email you can attempt with? I believe you can only complete it once per email.

Regards,

Joey

joeymedina
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Joey - play doesn't open at all.

Do you receive any error messages?

joeymedina
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the free version, however due to stupidity I've managed to get the following error message with Free Orch after updating Play:

"symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key
License Terms Not Found!"

When updating Play I ticked Orchestra Silver. Doh. :eek:

I have uninstalled "Free" and re-installed it but still get the same error. I've tried running the iLok driver packs included in the "Free" setup folder but same error.

I've checked the licenses on my iLok key and it doesn't show one for "Free". Should it show up here?

I have also tried running the Play update again and this time not selecting "Orch Silver", but still the same error occurs. Play now permanently thinks I have Silver installed but I don't. I only own Ra and Gypsy.

Can anyone suggest how to get the Free orch working again considering the things I have tried above. Many thanks!! :)

SDJ

If you are on a mac you can run our play uninstaller we have built. The uninstaller is located here: https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=97

This will remove all play software. After you do this, go ahead and run the 1.2.5 update again making sure not to make an orchestra selection. You can then install the free version again after.

On PC, you can run the 1.2.5 update in remove mode, followed by running it again normally afterwards. You need to make sure you do not make a selection for orchestra, and select all other products you own. Afterwards you can install the free version.

Regards,

Joey

jpq
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Do you have another email you can attempt with? I believe you can only complete it once per email.

Regards,

Joey

I going test this.

Michael M
04-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Hello,

I've been trying to install the free orchestra, but every time I try to install the 1st package (32 bit), I keep getting an error saying that a program needed to install the program isn't working. I tried disconnecting from the internet, and every other trick I've seen here. Yes, I made sure to unzip the file before installing as well. :p I've also tried re downloading the 1st package to see if it would work, but I get the same dumb result.

Any suggestions for how to get this to work?

SDJ
04-14-2010, 06:32 AM
On PC, you can run the 1.2.5 update in remove mode, followed by running it again normally afterwards. You need to make sure you do not make a selection for orchestra, and select all other products you own. Afterwards you can install the free version.

Thanks Joey,
I understand now. I was running and re-running the Play update 1.2.5 (repair mode) but didn't actually try uninstalling and re-installing. Double doh.
Thanks
SDJ

jpq
04-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I going test this.

Works but now i want know what ST2 and STB means in instrument names ? i think all others are clear.11V is almost sure 11 violins... and this no so bad when i tested with mac mini (with standalone play) but i test more how heavy this is with real music currently only with Garageband but soon with Logic. which not too heavy i again think this.

Michael M
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Found the problem. I thought I had unchecked the user account box, but I guess it didn't "unclick". All seems to be working now.

DomGri
04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone,

First off, I thank the people at EWQL for making this available for us. But I seem to have run into a little problem. When I attempt to install the 32-bit version for windows, I get a "1721" error, something about a program not being installed on my system. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,
-Dom

surya
04-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Big disappointment!
Free orchestra not working.
I had it waiting on an external harddrive for the day when I would get my new DELL computer.
After installing the Instruments and the 64bit version of the PLAY plugin I get the message:
18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key License Terms Not Found!
I've tried the Pace driver installers as suggested - same message.
And yes - I have unchecked the UAC.
Anything else I could try?
I would love to get this lovely present running!
Please help!

saxmonster
04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Do you receive any error messages?

Play has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

joeymedina
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone,

First off, I thank the people at EWQL for making this available for us. But I seem to have run into a little problem. When I attempt to install the 32-bit version for windows, I get a "1721" error, something about a program not being installed on my system. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,
-Dom

Please make sure to disable UAC before running the installer. If you are not on windows 7 then the operation will be slightly different, but you can enter "how do I disable User Account Control on 'your operating system'" in google. Here is the guide for windows 7:

To disable or Turn Off UAC (User Account Control) in Control Panel

1. To user Control Panel to disable UAC in Windows 7, there are several methods to access the User Account Control settings page:
a. Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account.
b. Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Action Center.
c. Click or right click on Flag icon in notification area (system tray), and then Open Action Center.
d. Type “MsConfig” in Start Search to start System Configuration, then go to Tools tab, select Change UAC Settings, then click on
Launch button.

2. Click on User Account Control settings link.

3. Slide the slider bar to the lowest value (towards Never Notify), with description showing Never notify me.

4. Click OK to make the change effective.

5. Restart the computer to turn off User Access Control.

Regards,

Joey Medina

joeymedina
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Big disappointment!
Free orchestra not working.
I had it waiting on an external harddrive for the day when I would get my new DELL computer.
After installing the Instruments and the 64bit version of the PLAY plugin I get the message:
18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key License Terms Not Found!
I've tried the Pace driver installers as suggested - same message.
And yes - I have unchecked the UAC.
Anything else I could try?
I would love to get this lovely present running!
Please help!

Did you run the latest play update and forget to not check an orchestra selection? You need to make sure you do not make an orchestra selection during the update process as EWQL Orchestra Silver is not the same thing as the free silver.

Regards,

Joey Medina

joeymedina
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Play has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Are you on Mac or PC? I would attempt uninstalling then reinstalling the product.

Regards,

Joey Medina

tomgahagan
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key
License Terms Not Found!

this is the error message I get when I try and load a sample in the free edition.
so I have yet to be able to fully appreciate this alleged "gift" lol

Using...

Win xp pro

Thanks for any help.
I have installed this thing 3 times and still get the same message....
just point me in the right direction please.

Thanks...
Thomas Gahagan

qazwer
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key
License Terms Not Found!

this is the error message I get when I try and load a sample in the free edition.
so I have yet to be able to fully appreciate this alleged "gift" lol

Using...

Win xp pro

Thanks for any help.
I have installed this thing 3 times and still get the same message....
just point me in the right direction please.

Thanks...
Thomas Gahagan
I think I have the solution to your problem.
Go to this folder: C:\ProgramData\East West\ProductChunks and delete the symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key registration entry. Let me know if this helps.

tomgahagan
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
EXACTLY!!!!

Did the trick.

Thanks so much!!!!

Thomas

mikeg
04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi,
Experiencing drop out.
What happens is all notes are playing fine and then pressing one further note will cuase all existing notes to cut out at the same time.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

THis is my setup:
DELL Precision M6400 Laptop, 4GB, Intel Core2 duo T9600 2.8GHZ, Win 7 Enterprise 64. Audio interfaces: EDIROL UA-1ex, presonus firebox

Thanks,
Mike G

mazzthepianoman
04-27-2010, 08:10 AM
The GUI locking up on Play as a ProTools plugin I found can be solved by first opening the file menu of PT before touching anything in the Play plugin. After I did that the plugin has been working fine ever since. (XP Pro SP3, PT 7.4)

joeymedina
04-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi,
Experiencing drop out.
What happens is all notes are playing fine and then pressing one further note will cuase all existing notes to cut out at the same time.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

THis is my setup:
DELL Precision M6400 Laptop, 4GB, Intel Core2 duo T9600 2.8GHZ, Win 7 Enterprise 64. Audio interfaces: EDIROL UA-1ex, presonus firebox

Thanks,
Mike G

Hey Mike,

You might have your voice limit set quite low. Check the main player page towards the top left.

Regards,

Joey Medina

Jay Coffman
04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey Mike G,

You might also try disabling overload protection in the Settings > Overload menu in Play. This can sometimes cause drop-outs.

smithshn
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Aside from the dialog message you get, everything seems to be working wonderfully on your system in standalone and within Sonar 8.5. Could anyone in the know please advise if in fact you need to download an update or not. You also did a repair on the initial installation but the reverb dialog still appears on startup.

Mauri
05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Is the latest Play v.2 update for EWQL Orchestra Free version as well?

Mauri.

joeymedina
05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey Mauri,

It is, we have added a product selection box during the update 'EWQL Free Orchestra'.

Regards,

Joey Medina

aucoton
05-12-2010, 05:36 AM
I think I have the solution to your problem.
Go to this folder: C:\ProgramData\East West\ProductChunks and delete the symphonicorchestra Silver 18 Jun 2008 1213817418566.key registration entry. Let me know if this helps.

I was experiencing exactly the same problem now everything is working fine.
Thanks for posting this solution.

Mauri
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey Mauri,

It is, we have added a product selection box during the update 'EWQL Free Orchestra'.

Regards,

Joey Medina

Hello, Joey,

Is that "added a product selection box during the update 'EWQL Free Orchestra" newer than two days ago? I ask because a couple of days ago I downloaded the update but once installed (followed procedure) I get the following error:

"Play could not verify the license key for the selected instrument. Please confirm that your iLok key is plugged in and contains a valid license for the instrument."

I don't have an iLok key, the previous version is working fine again after completely uninstalling EWQL Free Orchestra, deleting any leftovers and doing a thorough clean up of Windows registry.

What needs to be done, thanks?

Mauri.

David51
05-13-2010, 02:48 AM
Hey Mauri,

Regards,

Joey Medina
Hello all, I had downloaded the free orchestra but had to move to an iMac with a bigger Boot Drive, and I have put the SC and VOP instruments and samples on an external FW HD, Joey-you helped me in your email from 27 April 2010, thanks again, they work. Now that I have the space I want to try to get the free gift[thanks!]Orch. installed. How can I get the Library and samples onto the external HD[any idea how big those are in total?] the free orchestra ones. Do I need another Play since I have the Players from SC and VOP ?

musicbender
05-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Hey everyone. I couldn't find this anywhere, so I hope I didn't just miss it. I have a couple issues with installing the free version of EWQLSO:

1.) during installing part 1, I get an error: Error 1320 and it says something about the code being too long.

2.) I'm guess it is because my UAC is turned on. This is the real issue now -- my UAC turns itself on after reboot! I've tried disabling start-up programs, messing with registry, turning it off in many ways. No matter what, the UAC always ensembles itself after I reboot.

This may be a problem beyond anyone at this forum, but I figured I would try anyways. I've searched the entire internet and there seems to be no answers...grrr. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

Pat J.
musicbender

Mauri
05-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Joey,

I ran only the 'Play Update 2.0.8 32 Bit Installer.exe' without running the 'Pace Driver Installers' and all's good, everything seems to work as expected.

Perhaps you should have this info added to the installation instructions?

Cheers, and thanks again,

Mauri.

DJ_Bach
05-14-2010, 09:01 AM
@Mauri
Presently, I'm only using the free orchestra. After downloading the 2.0.9 update, it says it's very important to install the pace drivers. Could a moderator please clarify this?

idragosani
05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
The PACE drivers are for the iLok dongle which is not required for the free Orchestra

DJ_Bach
05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the info!

DJ_Bach
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm checking out the 2.0.9 installer. In order to maintain my free orchestra, do I install the box 'EWQL Symphonic Orchestra'? Or should I leave all plugins checked off? Thanks for any help...

Jonathan Kranz
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
There's now an option for the FREE Orchestra when it asks which version of EWQLSO you have.

-Jonathan

Ghekorg7
05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi to all ! new member first post....
I've read some problems with this new update for SO other members faced.
I;ll tell you mine and what I did to be ok.
I run perfectly the Free Orchestra from January this year after I had to set off my user administrator (error 1721..).
Then a couple a days before a message came in my e-mail for the update. Great news !
I downloaded, all ok.
I installed first the Pace drivers (as instructed), as a matter of fact only the first one (iLox), as the other two "said" it wasn;t needed 'cause there was a later one already installed.
Then came the update installation, all OK.(I Checked the Free Orch...)
I saw the Hollywood Strings exe above SO exe. Both apeared in OK in my desk top.
When I tried to load a section (VCS) I got the ...June 2008 ....key ect warning
I then uninstalled the Pace Drivers, nothing to be loaded again. I unistalled the update. Nothing. I reinstalled the old Orchestra. The same. What to do?

So, I deleted all things concerning the EWQL orch exept the library.
As my pc was clear I installed from the begining the EWQL Free Orch (from pt1 only). All OK - Loads OK.
Next ONLY the update, but NO ORCH SELECTION this time. All OK. No warnings or errors.

It is an update alright cause Free orchestra apears imediately inside REAPER ( Before it started as a blank paper with a black orizontal bar at the top, it worked after I was closin' the window and I reopened it), also, I think it loads the instruments a bit faster than before (?).

SO, everything works perfect now. My system : Lap-top Acer Aspire 5738ZG Intel dual core fast T4400 2.2GHz 4GB memory Windows7 64bit .

One other thing (first post...) THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this marvelous and unique gift (not only for the SO, but also for the licence ..!). Now I can send my compositions to the highest level.:) :) :)

I hope I helped
best regards

Panos

DJ_Bach
05-15-2010, 08:09 AM
After carefully installing the 2.0.9 update, I tried loading a free orchestra instrument and received this message:
Play could not verify the license key for the selected instrument. Please confirm that your iLok key is plugged in and contains a valid license for the instrument.

I then uninstalled 2.0.9 and then tried opening the standalone and received a message about a missing Q4 dll. I created an Acronis Image file prior to installing 2.0.9. After restoring the image file, play 1.2.5.3 was working again. I checked the free orchestra on my external drive and it appears that none of the files were modified.

Elffin
05-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Did the same ... but without making an image... full reinstall for me!

Mauri
05-17-2010, 02:53 AM
This update eventually ended up screwing my system to such an extent I had to re-install my whole DAW because, coincidentally, my saved image was corrupted so I had to install everything and now, two days later.... I'm too scared install the update. There is something wrong with it. Not happy!!

Mauri.

David51
05-17-2010, 04:03 AM
This update eventually ended up screwing my system to such an extent I had to re-install my whole DAW because, coincidentally, my saved image was corrupted so I had to install everything and now, two days later.... I'm too scared install the update. There is something wrong with it. Not happy!!

Mauri.

Would you or DJ_BACH post the size of the free Och.s' Library ?
Thanks

Mauri
05-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks for your reply, David51,

The size of the 'EWQL Orchestra Library', which is still on my 'Samples' HDD, is 1.71GB.

Mauri.

David51
05-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Mauri-Thanks very much for sharing that info, although reading the posts here makes me nervous about trying to install the free Orch.,thanks to you I now know at least that the library would fit on my Samples HD.

joeymedina
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone. I couldn't find this anywhere, so I hope I didn't just miss it. I have a couple issues with installing the free version of EWQLSO:

1.) during installing part 1, I get an error: Error 1320 and it says something about the code being too long.

2.) I'm guess it is because my UAC is turned on. This is the real issue now -- my UAC turns itself on after reboot! I've tried disabling start-up programs, messing with registry, turning it off in many ways. No matter what, the UAC always ensembles itself after I reboot.

This may be a problem beyond anyone at this forum, but I figured I would try anyways. I've searched the entire internet and there seems to be no answers...grrr. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

Pat J.
musicbender

Hey Pat,

Along with the UAC setting, you should also make sure any firewalls and anti-virus software are disabled while installing this product.

Regards,

Joey Medina

joeymedina
05-17-2010, 10:52 AM
After carefully installing the 2.0.9 update, I tried loading a free orchestra instrument and received this message:
Play could not verify the license key for the selected instrument. Please confirm that your iLok key is plugged in and contains a valid license for the instrument.

I then uninstalled 2.0.9 and then tried opening the standalone and received a message about a missing Q4 dll. I created an Acronis Image file prior to installing 2.0.9. After restoring the image file, play 1.2.5.3 was working again. I checked the free orchestra on my external drive and it appears that none of the files were modified.

It seems like you might have missed the free orchestra product selection box when you tried to run the 2.09 update. You actually must make a selection now rather then leaving it unchecked.

Regards,

Joey Medina

joeymedina
05-17-2010, 10:56 AM

Mauri.

Hey Mauri,

Were you getting any specific error messages?

Joey

DJ_Bach
05-17-2010, 10:57 AM
@Joey
I checked the free orchestra box during the install. Also, I don't recall the installer requesting the location of the free library. During the install, the external drive where the free library was located was turned on.

Mauri
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey Mauri,

Were you getting any specific error messages?

Joey

Getting to be a long story here, heh heh!

The first time I installed the update I got this the error message:
"Play could not verify the license key for the selected instrument. Please confirm that your iLok key is plugged in and contains a valid license for the instrument."

Then after uninstalling Play, cleaning leftovers and registry, I re-installed the previous version which worked fine. Then I installed v.2.0.8 without the iLok drivers, surprisingly that worked ok. When I found out about the new , v.2.0.9 update I, perhaps stupidly;), installed it but got the same, above mentioned error message.
I might mention I have other software that requires me to have the iLok stuff to enable me to register/authorise by the 'hard disk' no dongle method.

In my attempts to get back to the earlier version something went badly wrong, such as, most of my other plugins did'nt show up in Cubase and had actually disappeared from my plugins folder. Also, Windows Restore did not help so I decided to re-install from an image I had saved a short while back, no go, the image was corrupt. Reformat time, two days later I'm writing this.

Very sorry for the rant,

Mauri.

phoob
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
It seems like you might have missed the free orchestra product selection box when you tried to run the 2.09 update. You actually must make a selection now rather then leaving it unchecked.

Regards,

Joey Medina

I have just updated to the latest version of Play and am having the same problem with an error message telling me that the license key cannot be verified. I DEFINITELY checked the Free Orchestra selection box.

I do not have (and have never had) any other Play libraries or ILok software on my machine. S.O. Free was working before the update so it's clearly a problem that is somehow caused by the update.

I have today forked out for Symphonic Choirs - I am sincerely hoping that I don't have this sort of hassle upon installing that when it arrives... :-/

David51
05-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Glenn, this was sent to me and I thought it was from Joey Medina, but he is being quoted by you, sorry to hijack your thread-Mods do as you must, after the forums for other Software this one seems much more friendly so forgive my tresspassing and I will not hijack anothers' thread.

Hello again Joey, I see now this was sent to [David51] me instead of "phoob" but it does address a topic much on my mind now, it seems unkind for me not to accept a gift so I am going to try to install what I downloaded,I have read of successful installs from others on this forum so it is possible. One cavaet lector, I would require some advice. If you want to say that this is not the place to ask for information and help,I know there is a thread for the free Orchestra-is this that thread? If so could/would you post back telling me if each EWQL product needs its' own Play, and are the Play engines for the free orchestra the same version as the Retail SC/WB and VOP? and the version number[s] should be....
Te ones I bought have version 1 of Play.

qazwer
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I think that the PLAY 2.0 installer is not working properly. It seems to install the SO silver license even when SO Free is selected. I've brought this to the attention of one of the moderators several weeks ago but nothing has been done to correct it. If your having trouble with the install look for a post I made earlier in this thread and follow the instructions I provided.

joeymedina
05-18-2010, 11:51 AM
@Bach, Mauri, Phoob & Gawzer

Could you all list which operating system you are using?

qazwer
05-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm using Vista 64bit.

joeymedina
05-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Gawzer,

You are right, it is installing the actual silver key file along with the silver free key file on windows systems. Thank you for pointing that out! We are making a fix to that issue right now. In the mean time, you guys can manually delete the file causing the problem:

vista/w7
C:\ProgramData*\EastWest\Productchunks\delete the silver .key file that does not have 'Free' in the name.

xp
C:\Documentsandsettings\All users*\ApplicationData\EastWest\Productchunks\dele te the silver .key file that does not have 'Free' in the name.

*you might have to enable hidden files and folders. Control Panel > Folder options > View tab > Show hidden files and folders

Regards,

Joey Medina

phoob
05-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi Joey, thanks for your prompt reply. I'm using Windows XP SP2 so I'll try the suggestion you gave, it certainly sounds like that will fix it

DJ_Bach
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm using Windows XP SP3.

Mauri
05-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Windows XP x86 SP3 here.

joeymedina
05-20-2010, 12:10 PM
all of you guys with this issue should go to:

xp
C:\Documentsandsettings\All users*\ApplicationData\EastWest\Productchunks\dele te the silver .key file that does not have 'Free' in the name.

It should work afterwards

phoob
05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Just to update on my situation. I followed Joey's suggestion about deleting the non-Free .key and it fixed the problem. Many thanks for your help Joey. :)

satabas
05-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Hello,

I installed the 3 msi and after launching of EWQL Symphonic Orchestra.exe, I have immediately an error windows.

Regards.

Nicolas BRIDEY

joeymedina
05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Nicolas,

Download the latest play 2.09 software update from the following site:

www.soundsonline.com/updates.php

During installation, make sure to select all products you own from the list (EWQL Free Orchestra for the Orchestra, NOT SILVER). When this finishes try launching again. Do you get the same issue?

Regards,

Joey Medina

TheBarber
05-26-2010, 12:25 PM

xp

THANK YOU A LOT GUY!

Funny how I just had the problem and then I see your suggestion on the last page.

I was able to fix this WHILE I had Play open on Windows 7.

I put you in my prayers.

:headphones:

Vincent Bergbahn
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I have a Mac running Leopard and updated to PLAY 2 seamlessly without a problem.

Mauri
05-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Hey Nicolas,

Download the latest play 2.09 software update from the following site:

www.soundsonline.com/updates.php

During installation, make sure to select all products you own from the list (EWQL Free Orchestra for the Orchestra, NOT SILVER). When this finishes try launching again. Do you get the same issue?

Regards,

Joey Medina

Thanks, Joey, that did the trick here, much appreciated:)!

Cheers,

Mauri.

mjames4208
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
would it be a waste to get the FREE Orchestra if i have Symphonic Orchestra Gold?

NGPixel
05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
would it be a waste to get the FREE Orchestra if i have Symphonic Orchestra Gold?

You already have everything in Gold. No need to install the free version.

Mauri
05-30-2010, 02:21 PM

xp

This is what I meant to quote in my previous post..............my mistake

Mauri.

holywilly
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I had downloaded the Symphonic Orchestra Free version and recently bought the Goliath. I couldn't open any free library after the installation of Goliath, the error message is like "the installed version of this product (66053) is not compatible with this version of Play (66582)."

What can I do??

joeymedina
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey Holywilly,

Please run the latest play software update available at www.soundsonline.com/updates.php

When running the 2.09 update please ensure that you are making a selection for all products you own, as well as the selection for the EWQL Orchestra 'Free' and not 'Silver'.

If you are running the 1.2.5 software update, please select all products you own, but do not make a selection for the orchestra.

Regards,

Joey Medina

Depo1964
06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
SOL Support,
Having a problem with the installation running WIN XP Home SP3 32-bit
i downloaded the 3 zip files and extracted them.
I am trying to install Part_1 but the install locks up.
The last message from the install window was that was registering.
Now on the install window
Updating System
The features you selected are currently being installed (btw I used the typical install)
Time remaining 2 seconds

And my machine just hangs.
In task manager it shows the Free Edition Setup is running but no Processes are running.

After about 5 minutes i tried to Cancel the install.
Another pop-up allows Resume or Exit Setup.
I tried Resume but nothing happened.
Then I tried Exit Setup and nothing happens there as well.
The only way I could end it was to go to Task Manager Applications Tab and click on End Task.

If I go to Start --> All Programs there is a folder for EastWest with 2 entries
1. EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and
2. Play Documentation (pdf)
If I click on EWQL SO the Play browser appears.
It appears that I have access to both menus . E.G. Main Menu --> Check for updates
but I don't want to go further.
Since I tried to start up the Part_2 installer and get a pop-up with Modify, Repair or Remove options.
If I click on Modify I get an error message: Internal Error 2727.INSTALLDIR
or
If I click on Repair or Remove I get an error message Error 1500: Another Installation is in process .....

Any ideas?
thx,
ciao, Dan

joeymedina
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
SOL Support,
Having a problem with the installation running WIN XP Home SP3 32-bit
i downloaded the 3 zip files and extracted them.
I am trying to install Part_1 but the install locks up.
The last message from the install window was that was registering.
Now on the install window
Updating System
The features you selected are currently being installed (btw I used the typical install)
Time remaining 2 seconds

And my machine just hangs.
In task manager it shows the Free Edition Setup is running but no Processes are running.

After about 5 minutes i tried to Cancel the install.
Another pop-up allows Resume or Exit Setup.
I tried Resume but nothing happened.
Then I tried Exit Setup and nothing happens there as well.
The only way I could end it was to go to Task Manager Applications Tab and click on End Task.

If I go to Start --> All Programs there is a folder for EastWest with 2 entries
1. EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and
2. Play Documentation (pdf)
If I click on EWQL SO the Play browser appears.
It appears that I have access to both menus . E.G. Main Menu --> Check for updates
but I don't want to go further.
Since I tried to start up the Part_2 installer and get a pop-up with Modify, Repair or Remove options.
If I click on Modify I get an error message: Internal Error 2727.INSTALLDIR
or
If I click on Repair or Remove I get an error message Error 1500: Another Installation is in process .....

Any ideas?
thx,
ciao, Dan

Do you have any anti-virus software running? It sounds like something is getting in the way of the install.

Regards,

Joey Medina

Depo1964
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Do you have any anti-virus software running? It sounds like something is getting in the way of the install.

Regards,

Joey MedinaI I turned Windows Firewall Off and it appears the install was successful.
However, there were a few bumps along the way.
As i was installing Part_1 I got a pop-up:
The Target file exists and is newer than the source file.
Source: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\....\iLokDrvs.sys.
Target: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iLokDrvr.sys.

I clicked on the NO button and the following pop-up appeared:
There was a problem installing this hardware USB iLokDrvr
An error occured during installlation of this device.
The INF file that was specified by DrivePackageInfPath was not found.
occuring in C:\CopyInf.cpp at line number 397 Other Error:2 Internal Operation: 200

I clicked the OK button and the Part_1 installation appeared to continue giving me a Pop-up that Part_1 had
been successfully installled.

I started Part_2 and got the Pop-up of Modify, Repair or Remove. I clicked on Repair and Part_2 appeared to install successfully.

Part_3 install was the same. I clicked on Repair and it finised saying it had installed successfully.

I then downloaded the Play_Update_2.0.9_32_bit.zip file and read the Play Update Read Me.rtf file.
It says to install the PACE drivers.
In the Pace Driver Installers folder there are 3 execs.
Do I need to install all 3? The reason I am asking is that I have an iLok for my Cubase 5.
Seeing I had the comments about the iLokDrvs.sys above, I don't want to jepordize by iLok with Cubase 5.
On the Cubase forums, a few folks are having problems with PLAY ver 2.0.9 within Cubase as a VST plug-in.
Thanks for your reply.
ciao, Dan

joeymedina
06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey Dan,

If you run the play 2.0.9 software update, it will install all needed components of the software for you (from the actual software files to the pace driver). If you have a syncrosoft key for cubase, that will not be changed by ilok software. They are two completely different hard-ware devices.

Regards,

Joey Medina

peter5992
06-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Is the free download still available?

I referred someone to the download site, he filled out the survey and was sent a link via mail which apparently didn't work.

Jonathan Kranz
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Guys,

We're currently updating the Free Orchestra with Play 2, it will be back up soon!

-Jonathan

jpq
07-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Is play 2 going be heaverier than play ?

musicbender
07-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I know this has been talked about here before, but I couldn't find much of a solution (at least none that worked or that I could understand).

When I install the free orchestra, I get the "Error 1320. THe specified path is too long C:\Users\All Users\Application Data". In the installer, it freezes on "File: ImpulseResponseData.ird" with "Directory: C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\East West\"

I've tried a number of things like remove DaemonTools, and put the installer files on a different part of my hard drive. I should also note, that I have one hard drive on this laptop (an Asus M70-V) and it came partitioned (organized into two drives). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it's worth a shot. I have Windows Vista SP2 32. Anyone have any ideas?