PDA

View Full Version : Piece for Solo Concert Harp

meister hubert
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi guys, here's a piece I composed today. It's for solo-harp, maybe I'll also compose a second voice for a singer, but I am not sure about that right now.
Enjoy it and tell me what you think bout it:
Soloharp (http://www.box.net/shared/4t86f534hl)

Armin

SergeD
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
I like it very much. Sorry for my ignorance but in some parts are 2 hands enough to pinch so many strings ?

SergeD

wlad
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Same here - I love the piece. I agree with SergeD, some parts are unplayable (especially those chromatic passages), but if it's not meant to be performed life, it's not a big deal. Good piece, congrats.

meister hubert
01-31-2010, 09:48 AM
2 hands are enough but you'd need 5 feet for the pedaling:D
The chromatic passages are indeed not playable, but I normally fix that when I am working on a proper score which takes me longer then composing the piece:p

Thank you both!

Pavloff
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh woah, but the composition is really good!

meister hubert
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Cheers Pavlof,

by the way, I send an email to my composition teacher. She said the piece is overall playable, there are just 2 passages which whould be veeery hard to play because of the pedaling. One is as I pointed out the chromatic passage.

And the told me, you play only with four fingers each hand, which is no problem for my piece, but it's good to know, eh?:)

Thanks

Armin (Going on holidays tomorrow, YEAH)

Strezov
02-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Hehe, I remember writing a piece for harp, that had 6 or 7 bemols and presented it to a fine-looking girl, that wanted to play a solo piece. Oh my, I was really ashamed, hehe.

Nice job on the composition. I think your next step is to find a fine-looking girl and record the piece live! ;) Good luck!