PDA

View Full Version : Slash and Burn

rolifer
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
This is a quick one I started Sunday night and finished up this afternoon. It uses EWQL RA, EW Symphonic Choirs and EWQLSO and SD2 and was composed in Sonar 8 PE.

In the last month or so, I bought Choirs and SD2 and upgraded SO and RA to Play, so I am still getting used to the new toys, but I like the way this one turned out.

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

This is a bit more standard than my usual fare so hopefully more of you will like it.

Ron

purplerhapsody
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi Ron,

I quite liked this one. Very atmospheric and more palatable (IMHO of course).

A very apt title - which came first... the title or the music?

Sounds like you're getting to grips with your new toys very well!

Cheers,
Terry.

TheRaider
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
This certainly wasn't what I was expecting from the title!

But i agree very atmospheric, the sort of thing I would imagine in some video in a dark in a dark level as backing music.

You certainly get good sounds instrument wise from the EW products.

Sherief83
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Ron,
I'd listen to this all day if I'm playing a game. so a job well done and you should consider joining the video game composers club.

rolifer
02-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Terry

I was pretty sure this one would be more generally accepted than some of my other works. The piece is just the typical Game genre music that is so very prevalent today.

The music came first in this one and as long as you promise not to tell anyone, I will share where the title came from. Once I had the master ready, I was listening to it in Windows Media and looked up and saw the terms, Rip and Burn. That became the original title of the piece until a few hours later, when I changed it to Slash and Burn. Very original... :o

Raider

A friend said he hears a deep dark prison theme in this so I know where you are coming from. :cool:

Sherief

It's been a while since you posted anything. I do hope you will have a new one for us soon. ;)

What and where is the video game composers club?

Thanks guys

Ron

j.vaughn127
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey Ron, I liked this one a lot. You still didn't have a lot rythym in it but it is quite enough. It moves quite well, has a base of reference. I think your instruments sound awesome! My order of Compleat Composer is in the mail and your piece has me given me even more anticipation of it's arrival! I switched SO for Silk as I have a copy of it.