PDA

View Full Version : Game main titles

Casey Bushmaker
02-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Love this forum, mostly just reading all the great help people post all the time. I've been working with EWQL sounds for a few months now, as a hobby, and now someone I work with wants me to help with music for a game. Here's what I've got for a main title track..it's going to be a brawler a la Super Smash Brothers or something similar. I'd love to hear from people to let me know what I can do to make it better.

http://www.box.net/shared/kgmq21kfc9

thanks!

Casey

christerholm
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Sounds quite ok. I get a 70's vibe from it, at least in the first half :)

TGV
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Is the music supposed to be functional? I mean: are there moments in the music where certain images are shown, or certain user input is expected? I hear the level go up and down a bit, so I expect so. If that's the case, it's hard to judge without the accompanying images. Otherwise, the low volume parts are too long. I would expect them to stay relatively high most of the time (small variations allowed), and a few breaks of just a few seconds in between. For the rest, it's pretty decent game music: it's music you can get into, but it's not trivial (as some of the 8-bar bass pattern stuff), but it's not so clever that it makes you sit up and notice the music (which would distract from the game). If you can get it a bit more consistent, I think it'll be very fine music for a game. Better than what I hear coming out of some kid's Nintendo. Much better.

TheRaider
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
I think the previous posters desciption of decent is right.

The guitar sound doesn't fit right IMO. The sounds levels are a bit strange.

It does have a childish/non-serious quaility which is okay if your game is the same style as smash brothers.

The main melody itself is good, but I would definitly work on the mix and some of the other intruments.

Casey Bushmaker
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks, this is really helpful.