PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII - New opening theme (with video and score)

UDun
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi from France !

I have spent a long time on this forum so it's now time for me to share my work with you :)

Here is a new theme for the famous Final Fantasy VIII game introduction. It's mainly an orchestral composition (the first I have done with EWQL) with some piano and guitar (all played by me).

This is the Youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7SIZcZ8BzM

If you want to download the high-quality video and the orchestral/piano/guitar sheet, here is my website :
Music, Video (download and youtube), PDF Score (http://www.pc-infogame.com/article-71-musiques-videos-mao-vst.htm#id42)

Thanks for all your comments about the composition, the mix, the video... !

Svavar Austmann
03-12-2010, 07:30 PM
i think i playd this game 4 times back in the day,this one and FFVII one of my fav,
and i remember the original opening and it was GRAND!!! and i dont blame you for not arranging the choir at the beginning,
and yours was brilliant by the way,
there is one thing i hear allot these days and i dont particularly like it and that is when i hear metalish guitars on a orchestrated or electronic pieces and they kinda lack the breath,might put more mids on the guitar.
but thats just my opinion,
Good work UDun :)

mirrored
03-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Were you not influenced by the work of Ko Otani fo the Shadow of the Colossus game? The beginning of your piece reminds me much of the soundtrack. ;)

Cheers,
Michal

UDun
03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks for your comments !

Svavar Austmann, FFVIII is also one of my favorite game too. The original introduction, Liberi Fatali, with the choir is awesome. I tried to forget the original theme to create my own music, just to have a different version. Thanks for your advice. Mixing guitars in an orchestrated piece is not an easy task...

mirrored , really ? In fact, I didn't try this game... I'll listen to the soundtrack to see if we have some similarities :)