PDA

View Full Version : Walls Are Falling - Trailerlike action piece ;)

Harzmusic
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey everybody
My name is Steffen Brinkmann, im 15 years old, from germany.
I tried to use Symphonic Choirs to create a Epic Choir, like it is heard in many many tracks from Two steps from hell.
Heres the track, that resultet of that try:
http://www.box.net/shared/xdgz7nc9zb
Would be great to hear some feedback on my music.

greets
Steffen

rolifer
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
For 15 years old, this is great!

You may want to play around with some EQ to try to get rid of some of the muddiness.

Ron

Harzmusic
04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Hey thanks for your response!
Mixing and Mastering is my biggest problem, Im not very good at it...
The muddiness may be from the reverb too. I use multiple Libs of different companies. I used The close samples from East West and Project SAM Stuff und mixed them together with different Instruments from VSL, so the Room in this piece is virtually created with Roomworks. Perhaps it was a little bit too much.

In this way Ive to learn a lot...

purplerhapsody
04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
I agree with rolifer that it sounds muddy - the composition itself is good, although nothing new when relating to music for trailers.

I enjoyed it overall - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Terry.

Harzmusic
04-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Thx :)
I will try to render it out with less reverb, but I have to make run the old Project under 64bit... ;)
I know that the composition doesnt reinvent the wheel anyhow. It was just a training for me.
greets
Steffen

Phill
04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Your English is very good, Steffen! I'm 15 from America, so ignore my bad German. Haha.

I like your piece, but I find that using a xylophone makes things a bit more comical then serious.