PDA

View Full Version : Loving Gaze ... EWQLSO/SC, MoR, VoP, SD2

Philip
04-05-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=850571&content=songinfo&songID=8980264

Please crit, comment, and/or listen a peek.

Thanks in advance!

TheRaider
04-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh my the vocals are bad.

Thomas Regin
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
LOL! I actually enjoyed this! Made me smile! ;-)

Thomas.

Denny S.
04-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Well... to say something positive at least, I find it was a fresh style! :o

Not my cup of tea whatsoever, but I'm sure there will be people who like it.

MPDmike
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Interesting track. I quite liked it, but I have to agree with TheRaider that the vocals let it down. If you had Melodyne you could have made those vocals sound a lot better.

Philip
04-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks so much for your honest crits and listens, TheRaider, Thomas, Denny, and MPDmike ... I can't wait to hear your stuff.

Well, I'll be doing a lot of vox re-dos, re-takes, and melodyne. This is a new sketch and thrives on your crits. (Alas, Rome wasn't built in a day, haha!) ... Well back to the day job.

chama
04-06-2010, 04:04 AM
"Interesting" is the right adjective here, indeed.

But no, I don't think the vocals fit the rest of the music. Out-of-tune singing clashes with computer-perfect electronic instruments. I'd either make the music more "human" or make a dance track of it and apply some... autotune... yes, I said the A-word. :)

Edit: With Autotune, I mean the way serious musicians use it, not hip-hopers who listened to too much Cher. ;)

Philip
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I hear you Chama; you hit a big chunk of the problem spot on; thanks for helping me clear some of the clouds. My problem is similar to many others here. There are other human instruments going on (guitars and glocks) but the SD2, EWQLSO, and Beatscape are overwhelmingly ... you've probably discovered.

Plus the song is too long, IMHO.

I've got real glock (xylophonde) and guitars in this FWIW.

Thanks so very much, Chama, for your sensitive prognosis ... Because of your caring validation, I am confident I can improve this in a week or so.

Phill
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
The fakeness is actually what makes it cool. Good work.

Philip
04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Thats kind, Phill; its geared toward youngsters. To me, most-all modern music is super-canned ... especially Danny Elfman's scores and the latest pop.

I've got vox edits and re-takes brewing (the 1st half is actually becoming less obnoxious... and shorter) ... and I'll post it by Thursday morning.

I'm partially blaming my deluded cr&p vox (vocs) on Melodyne Editor. When I bounced clips ... Melodyne Editor tricked me (seriously) in Sonar 8.5.3 ... Melodyne didn't apply the sweet pitch edits that sounded pristine peerfect during the Melodyne browser edits.

Today I confirmed: the Melodyne engine is corrupt in my DAW (Sonar Win7/64). It may be because I have too many EWQL Synths open ... who knows. Melodyne is now hit and miss, FWIW.