PDA

View Full Version : The bad guys

PhRey
04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Music for a video game in which I participate, nothing original I'm afraid, just a piece to illustrate the bad guys (warriors exterminators).
As always your feedback is welcome: o)

"We are War (http://www.phreymusic.com/images/music/praetorian_defiance/OER_01.mp3)"

Phil

tedreedy
04-10-2010, 06:06 AM
hey Phil! nailed the ominous intent with the minor iv chord. almost too much though. if your goal is to be obvious (which it probably is in your average game), then this works perfectly. if your goal is to be more subtle, then I think you've gone too far.

around 1:15 starts to sound pop-y with the steady beat and cymbals. what effect were you going for here?

what part of the game does this come? it's too long to be for a brief introduction/showing of the bad guys. or is it for a cutscene?

I enjoyed the sound of this piece -- just wondering how it fits in the game :)

PhRey
04-10-2010, 06:47 AM
My goal is (clearly) not to be subtle (no comment please ! :D ), but rather heavy with this piece...

And i think we will use it in a cutscene (it 's not quite sure for now, but I'm used to disassemble and bump my pieces ! :p )

We just wish to have exterieurs opinions before it so... thank you !

around 1:15 starts to sound pop-y with the steady beat and cymbals. what effect were you going for here?
(I'm not sure to understand your question) This part illustrate the futile resistance of "the good guys"...