PDA

View Full Version : Hello from France !

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Hello Everybody,

First of all : please, forgive some likely mistakes (and any future) which may be hidden (hidden for my eyes) in this text. Let me introduce myself. My wife and I, we live in a very sunny town, (Nice), south of France, near Monaco.

This forum is interesting and lively. I have been reading most of the posts over three months and have learned much from you all.

When I was young (some decades ago !), I started learning violin and piano. Some years later, I became a (opera) singer, performing oratorios, « lieder » recitals, opera. Throughout these years, I have been working in finance field, as marketing manager (leading job or not, it depends from the point of view !).

I started composing music about twenty years ago. Different types and/or musical styles : cello/piano, soprano/piano, symphonic poems, symphony, and a cantata, (dedicated to innocent victims of September 11th.).

Inspiration : lots of german, french, british, italian, and swiss composers : from Bach to Schönberg,… Ravel, Debussy, … Britten,… Franck Martin ….. Some musical films composers as well : James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith, and a french one, Wladimir Kosma.

I currently use Sibelius, Sonar Producer, GS3, Voices of the Apocalypse, VSL (nobody’s perfect !) ; I recently ordered for EWQL Platinum (waiting for delivery) and preordered EWQLSC as well.

Concerning VSL and EWQL : of course, their sounds are different ; but I do know that very shortly, Platinum will be as essential to me as VSL.

A very special thanks to Nick Phoenix and a few words concerning VOTA : recently, some friends of mine asked if these choirs were real or not !

Here ‘s the link for the last 6 minutes of my symphonic poem « Prométhée » (Prometeus).

http://www.foucart.net/download.php?op=mydown&did=46

The subject : the legend of Titan Premeteus (first appearance in litterature goes back 2.500 years). I composed this symphonic poem on a text by latin philosopher Cicero. In this extract, sung in latin language : Voices of the Apocalypse + VSL.

Best regards.

amo
05-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Welcome, french mate. I myself live in Paris and have way less classical background than you, but I equally enjoy EW products, and pre ordered EWQLSC as well.... See you on that forum.

Regards,

Amaury

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Welcome, french mate. I myself live in Paris and have way less classical background than you, but I equally enjoy EW products, and pre ordered EWQLSC as well.... See you on that forum.

Regards,

Amaury

Thanks Amaury,

I already know the music you compose ("Audiofanzine" and your own site as well). Really impressive and eclectic. A very good musician indeed.

Jean-Pierre

amo
05-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks !
I just listened to your composition, well, seems very nice to me.... I have to listen to it at home again, though, cause here at work I just have bad computer speakers....
Welcome again,

Amaury

PS: what is your "Audifanzine" nickname ?