PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt with EWQLSO Silver

JeZii
04-05-2005, 08:24 AM
My compositions @ Mikseri.net (http://www.mikseri.net/joonalaamanen) ("Prelude orchestral version")

Hey everyone, I've just bought this EWQLSO Silver edition from an online store. I find the sound samples are excellent, at least for the price! I've composed for about 7 years now (since I was around 9 or 10) but "more professionally" just a couple of years.

This Prelude (orchestral version) on my music page is so far the only composition I've made with EWQLSO Silver, so it isn't so professional stuff, maybe a bit more like a test song. You can find there quite many mistakes in the song (for example the piano part in the middle of the song), but I just recorded the tracks using my keyboard and mixed it down. My ability to arrange music for a symphonic orchestra is so far very limited, you can easily hear from the song that it is my first one with a "whole" symphonic orchestra.

And by the way, this song is just a remake of my older one, you can find it also from that music page, but it's very beginner stuff I think. I used just my normal GM sounds with it and recorded the song. Sometimes I used some SoundFonts also, but that's it.

Anyway, hope you like it! :)

Yours,
Joona

Petronome
04-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice! I would work a little more with the dynamics and attacks though. Now the strings sound a bit synthetic, not live. Little less attack, some crescendo or decresc. in the beginning of the note. Also, the dynamics sound bit rough, maybe you should put the crescendos and diminuendos to slightly different moment for violins, basses etc. The instrumentation could be worked a little more too. Now especially the bass section is somewhat boring. Long bass lines are okay, but you could use some variation and a bit more soloic bass somewhere. Maybe some of the transitions between different sections of the song were slightly too sudden also.

But as overall, and first EWQLSO work, well done! Sounds nice as a composition and as a piece it's pretty well-balanced and good quality. Keep it going!