PDA

View Full Version : I have Gold, but bought into the Platinum group buy

Haggis
05-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi,

thanks for a great new forum!

I own and use EWQLSO Gold (it's been quite fun to get to know) but I just couldn't resist the platinum group buy, 24 bit finally ...

My question, what do I do now with my gold version, is it possible to sell it considering I am the registered user? This question may have been answered at the other forum, or is in another FAQ area that I haven't as yet read so I apologize in advance if this is the case.

I've got some upgrades to do to a few computers around me to get platinum working at a level I need so the cash would really come in handy.

Many thanks for your advice,
Peter

fvicente
05-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi Peter,

If it were possible to sell, there would be a bunch of QLSO Gold boxes up on eBay right now. There actually may be but it isn't legal. Legally, you originally bought a license to use the samples and software. The license for the license are lifetime and cannot be transferred or sold. This is the agreement that you click on before purchasing any library online from EW/Soundsonline. Consult the license agreement for more information. I would have bought Platinum as well if this were the case. As it was, I had to pass on it (and will probably kick myself one of these days but I've spent too much money lately). Congrats on taking advantage of this awesome offer.

fvicente

fvicente
05-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Sorry, I also forgot the link (you can find it on the main page at Soundsonline also).

Here is the link for License Info (http://www.soundsonline.com/licenseinfo.shtml)

Hope this clears things up.

fvicente

Haggis
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks for taking the time to point that out, I thought I'd read that page but obviously not! :)

"A right to use the enclosed sounds and software is granted to the original end-user of the product (Licensee) and is NOT transferable."

I can't really complain as the money I saved buying platinum in the group buy was more than what gold cost me originally anyway.

cheers,
Peter

Stefan Podell
05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Plus Gold can still be useful -- for use on a laptop, or as lighter-weight sounds to conserve system resources.