PDA

View Full Version : Andante for EWQLSO Strings

nhick ramiro pacis
05-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Here's one slow piece for EWQLSO Strings (Gold) to show 1) just the string section and 2) the expressive possibilities of the library.

I'm not sure if I should keep the volume level as it is or crank it up a little more. I kind of like it right now, but I don't know how it will measure up to general volume norms. Please let me know...

Andante for EWQLSO Strings (http://www.nhick.com/music/nhick_andante4ewqlso_strings.mp3)

This is my first time to post my music at the EW Forum - I hope you like it!

Neilfactory
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM

Yes!
Very melancolic melody like "platoon".

Good stuff.

Regards,
Neil.

Sicmu
05-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Very nice string writing, I like the unexpected dissonances and the way you lead the individual string lines, you have a good harmonic sense. It's short but it's a piece on its own.
The only chord that sounds bad (to me) is at 1'32 : the D with the E (respectively on first and second violins I assume), but it's easy to fix...
The strings sound nice too.

metrobot
05-06-2005, 11:41 PM
very effective string writing. You've got the touch. I like the fact that you limit yourself to just strings so that you don't hide the tough parts with brass and cymbol crashes. The way your lines and harmonies weave in and out is very nice and the music is top notch. great composition.

Steve Karl
05-07-2005, 10:03 AM
I think the volume is just right.
This really feels nice.

Steve

Beach
05-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Hello there nhick,
beautiful piece you have done!!! ;)
I like very much this kind of music,

what about the volume?
I think it works well!!!

Congratulations, and thanks to share it with us.
Best of luck,
Roberto

neoTypic
05-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Well done, bravo. :)

nhick ramiro pacis
05-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Thank you for the nice comments, guys! It makes me feel more comfortable being within this volume level in the future, especially when the PRO version comes out and we could sordino and legato to death! Wait - I still have to make my order first!

The only chord that sounds bad (to me) is at 1'32 : the D with the E (respectively on first and second violins I assume), but it's easy to fix...
The strings sound nice too.

Sicmu, I thought about this particular part so hard - I really liked the dissonance for the very same reason that it sounds wrong and right at the same time. I don't know if it's just my taste or it does have an aural validity. If I am wrong, I can easily change it - he-he!

Nick Phoenix
05-11-2005, 11:31 PM
very nice piece.

Brady
05-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Great work! I also really like the way you have woven the strings together expressively. I'd love to be able to take a look at the envelopes for the tracks.

Again, fantastic!

ChrisE
05-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Really like this piece. I love the dissonances, great work. I just wish it could be longer.

Charlie2005
05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, thats some lovely string writing...I'm new today to these forums and already I've heard a wealth of wonderful music! Hope to hear some more like this soon, I loved it...

Hardy Heern
05-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Really nhice Nhick. I like the slight discord at times which gives the piece a bit of angst and bite.

Frank

nhick ramiro pacis
05-22-2005, 10:39 PM
very nice piece.

Thanks, Nick - coming from you, I'm really flattered. And for the rest of you guys, thanks too.