PDA

View Full Version : New here, and a Q...

black neon bob
05-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey guys/girls,

I am new here, and soon to be an east west member like the rest of you. :D

I am planning to buy symphonic choirs and orchestra silver edition... however, i am forced to buy one this month, and another the month after... so my question is the following:

I am in europe, and is the release date of symphonic choirs around the 16th of may to be the same release date in europe as well? or is that a worldwide release date?? if it's going to be released around the end of may instead of the middle, i am buying silver first to fill my orchestral needs.. if not, it will be the other way around..

I am glad to be aboard.. heard some terrific demos from east west as well as the users here.. good stuff!

Thanks...

MCS
05-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi!

The Choir homepage says it will be released in the middle of may. AFAIK in europe it will be available between middle and end of may; but you can contact the european distributer BestService (mail@bestservice.de) for further information. There you also can place a preorder for Symphonic Choir (you save some VAT, when you place your order in europe..).

Best,
Michael

James W.G. Smith
05-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Silver? Are you SURE? With EWQLSC? hmm...

Personally I would go for Gold first, but that is just me. In any case, get the orchestral lib first because SC may be delayed or whatnot (not that it's a bad thing, I would MUCH rather have a bug free proggie). If you do decide to go for the Gold (hehe), you won't regret it. Best $1k I have ever spent (and a big thanks to those who recommended that I get it instead of *ehum* another orchestral lib). Have fun!

James W.G. Smith

MCS
05-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Silver? Are you SURE? With EWQLSC? hmm...

Personally I would go for Gold first, but that is just me. In any case, get the orchestral lib first because SC may be delayed or whatnot (not that it's a bad thing, I would MUCH rather have a bug free proggie). If you do decide to go for the Gold (hehe), you won't regret it. Best $1k I have ever spent (and a big thanks to those who recommended that I get it instead of *ehum* another orchestral lib). Have fun!

James W.G. Smith

Youīre right James, but thereīs the upgrade path, so he will not loose any money and with SILVER he gets some VOTA (ok, with SC you donīt need these any more :) ) and a piano and a organ...

Best,
Michael

black neon bob
05-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys...

Yeah.. silver looks good to me.. a piano, organ, some voices, and the whole package.. is gold really that much better? it's double the price as well... so i am not sure about that. :confused:

MCS
05-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys...

Yeah.. silver looks good to me.. a piano, organ, some voices, and the whole package.. is gold really that much better? it's double the price as well... so i am not sure about that. :confused:

Oh Yes, Gold IS much better. You have much more articulations and release tails (so you save much CPU power, because you donīt need the reverb from the kontakt engine) and this "natural" reverb sounds really good.

Best,
Michael

black neon bob
05-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey thanks Micheal!

I will get gold then, since the choirs are not needed since im getting SC as well... it's only 444 euro now! :eek: that was more expensive a week ago.. around 700 euro.

Thanks!

legofred
05-09-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is an upgrade for Gold/Platinum so that you can get the choir, stainway and organ. Anyway these will be included in the Pro upgrades for Gold/Platinum including the full Stainway B pack.

BTW, Gold is a good choice, but Silver is almost free.