PDA

View Full Version : VOTA still alive....

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Hello everybody,

many of us are looking forward impatiently to receiving EWQLSC. The previous program, VOTA, was already (and still is) very effective.

Please, listen to this extract of my symphonic poem ("Prometeus") which is partly sung in latin language (using VOTA and Vsl). Enjoy.

http://www.foucart.net/download.php?op=mydown&did=46

No doubt that our expressive abilities will be even greater with Symphonic Choirs (male and female voices better individualized : tenor, bass, soprani, alti - more available vowels - boy's choir - a real word builder ......)

Sicmu
05-07-2005, 06:53 AM
I don't know if it's a coincidence but there is something Lisztian in your Prometeus, very dramatic and certainly religious as well, could you post the whole work to be fully appreciated ?
The choirs sound very good but I think the blend with the orchestra will be better in the upcoming library but you're right : the quest for perfect sound is endless and we can wonder if all this gear could paradoxically take the composer away from the real approach to composing : the inner sound, nevertheless I confess that I'm also addicted to sound libraries, it's so useful.
I think that the upcoming demos just don't only need to blend with the EW orchestra but should come with the lyrics that will demonstrate the new features of the library ( it's difficult to identify the sung words, even with a real choir).

Beach
05-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Congratulations for this piece. ;)
It is really a beautiful composition.
I can image what you will be able to do when you will get your EWQLSC.
Also I can wait for this library!!!!
Best of luck for all,
and, again, very nice piece,
Roberto

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-07-2005, 10:04 AM
I don't know if it's a coincidence but there is something Lisztian in your Prometeus, very dramatic and certainly religious as well, could you post the whole work to be fully appreciated ?
The choirs sound very good but I think the blend with the orchestra will be better in the upcoming library but you're right : the quest for perfect sound is endless and we can wonder if all this gear could paradoxically take the composer away from the real approach to composing : the inner sound, nevertheless I confess that I'm also addicted to sound libraries, it's so useful.
I think that the upcoming demos just don't only need to blend with the EW orchestra but should come with the lyrics that will demonstrate the new features of the library ( it's difficult to identify the sung words, even with a real choir).

Thank you Sicmu. let me tell you : you understood perfectly well. It is true that something dramatic and religious can be founded in Prometeus. When I started studying the legend of Premethee (Prometeus), I was struck by the fact that this legend was composed of different ingredients that you already find in the most important religions :
In this legend, Titan Prometeus created the human race; he wanted to live like a man, and fighted to make him happy. At the end, he was crucified on a rocky mountain by Zeus (chief of gods !!).
Some words (from the text sung in this symphonic poem) are, by the way, very interresting : "Titanum suboles, socia nostri sanguinis, Generata caelo, aspicite religatum asperis.........Saturnius me sic infixit Jupiter" . which could approximately be translated :
"Titan race, relatives by blood, look at me who is tied to these horrible rocks .... That's what Jupiter, son of Saturnius, did it to me". It's a groan of pain.

You're right for another reason : the addiction to sounds librairies !!! Let me tell you : Prometeus has been already partly performed, with real (and good) choirs : you know what ? I prefer these Vota choirs ! It's true that it's difficult to identify the sung words, even with a real choir. Years ago, I have been a opera singer. A single person on stage can be (and must be) understood. 90 people singing together : never !
Thank you again jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Congratulations for this piece. ;)
It is really a beautiful composition.
I can image what you will be able to do when you will get your EWQLSC.
Also I can wait for this library!!!!
Best of luck for all,
and, again, very nice piece,
Roberto

Thank you so much, Roberto, for listening and comments
jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Thank you Sicmu. let me tell you : you understood perfectly well. It is true that something dramatic and religious can be founded in Prometeus. When I started studying the legend of Premethee (Prometeus), I was struck by the fact that this legend was composed of different ingredients that you already find in the most important religions :
In this legend, Titan Prometeus created the human race; he wanted to live like a man, and fighted to make him happy. At the end, he was crucified on a rocky mountain by Zeus (chief of gods !!).
Some words (from the text sung in this symphonic poem) are, by the way, very interresting : "Titanum suboles, socia nostri sanguinis, Generata caelo, aspicite religatum asperis.........Saturnius me sic infixit Jupiter" . which could approximately be translated :
"Titan race, relatives by blood, look at me who is tied to these horrible rocks .... That's what Jupiter, son of Saturnius, did it to me". It's a groan of pain.

You're right for another reason : the addiction to sounds librairies !!! Let me tell you : Prometeus has been already partly performed, with real (and good) choirs : you know what ? I prefer these Vota choirs ! It's true that it's difficult to identify the sung words, even with a real choir. Years ago, I have been a opera singer. A single person on stage can be (and must be) understood. 90 people singing together : never !
Thank you again jean-Pierre

Something else : you asked me if I could post the whole work. A bit difficult. This symphonic poem takes a long time (32 minutes). But I will give you soon the way to get it.

Sicmu
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
It's very encouraging that there are people who still compose long pieces in these "demo times" where ev'rything needs to be quick and short , congratulations for your perseverance : I know what it means because I myself composed a 25 min orchestral piece last year but unlike you I never had the chance to get it performed.
Therefore I did put it on the internet via a streaming link(.m3u), so it's possible to listen even with a huge file with no needs to download.

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-07-2005, 11:31 AM
It's very encouraging that there are people who still compose long pieces in these "demo times" where ev'rything needs to be quick and short , congratulations for your perseverance : I know what it means because I myself composed a 25 min orchestral piece last year but unlike you I never had the chance to get it performed.
Therefore I did put it on the internet via a streaming link(.m3u), so it's possible to listen even with a huge file with no needs to download.

Sicmu, thanks again. i would be interested. Could you give me the link.
Jean-Pierre

Sicmu
05-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Sicmu, thanks again. i would be interested. Could you give me the link.
Jean-Pierre

Sure :

http://your-sicmu.zftp.com/Chicago.m3u (streaming)

http://your-sicmu.zftp.com/Chicago.mp3 (download)

It's made with old samples because by the time I didn't own EW Gold but now being a "Goldmember" I think the admins will allow that.

Thanks for your interest !

Alex