PDA

View Full Version : Is Jennifer Real?

synergy543
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Has anyone else ordered at odd hours of the day and then received an instant respose from Jennifer? Well, after several orders I got suspicious and wrote an e-mail back. Of course I didn't expect a reply as I assumed Jennifer was "automated".

Well, suprise! I got an e-mail back and..... baring my flunking the Turing test, it seems she is a real person. I even offered her a better paying job but she didn't take the bait. Doug and Nick must be taking good care of her.

So now you know the rest of the story.... :D

fvicente
04-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Doug and Nick must be taking good care of her.

I hope so. Jennifer has always been excellent and quick at replying to questions and providing great customer service. Even if Doug and Nick are taking care of her, she probably still deserves a raise. :D

Jennifer Collado
04-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I am real! :p

When you place an order, you do receive an automatic confirmation email, which is generated by a computer, not me. But, if you reply to that message, or you write to the webmaster, you get me!

In case you want to know the story behind me, here goes..

I've been involved with EastWest for the last 15. Back in 1990 I was working for a major musical instrument retail chain running the acccessory counter in the flagship store. I remember the first sample CD i ever saw- Bob Clearmountain Drums 1. It was something no one had ever done before. I knew this was going to be big. I cleared out a big showcase, put them on display, then got a boom box and set it on the counter and pressed play. Everyone that walked by and heard it, bought it. Soon after came Zero G's Datafile 1. The rests is as they say, history. It was then that i became the sample cd queen. I've sold samples cds to everyone from Trent Reznor to Michael Jackson. I've dealt with all the libraries out there, until early 1999, when i officially joined the EastWest team. Hopefully i'll be able to lend my knowledge to anyone needing advice or looking for a specific sample!

;)
Jennifer

AndyFinkenstadt
04-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I got email from Jennifer at 11:36pm last night. . . me thinks she is either a parent, or a nightowl like the rest of us. =)

Jennifer Collado
04-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Parent!!! That is correct. When you have two young kids you find yourself up at odd hours. I have been known to check email at 3 am!
:D

dcoscina
04-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I just want to go on record saying that all of my dealings with Jennifer have been excellent. Whenever I have had a question about an order or billing matter, she has responding quickly and professionally. She is East West/Sound Online's MVP in my books. :)

synergy543
04-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Either that or Doug and Nick have created the most amazing Eliza program (remember "Tell me what your problem is..) that will blow the Symphonic Choirs out the water!

I remember the first sample CD i ever saw- Bob Clearmountain Drums 1. It was something no one had ever done before. I knew this was going to be big.[SNIP]
;)
Jennifer
I remember that one!

It's started quite an evolution hasn't it?

Stefan Podell
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Likewise. Jennifer has been awesome in making everything go smoothly, even when an order or shipment didn't start out that way.

Rock, rock on!

Robert H. Weston II
04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
How ironic is this post? I was going to check the posts out as usual and had the intent of making a post exclusively in tribute to Jennifer.
There has been some kind of crazy mishap with my order for Colossus. I got in the pre-order deal, my card has been charged a few weeks ago.....No Colossus!

Jennifer has been absolutely incredible trying to resolve this for me. I can not tell her how much I appreciate her efforts. Doug and Nick could not have screened a better person to represent this company if they would have interviewed 10,000 people.

She has updated me every single day, she has been honest, expediant, helpful, sweet and understanding. Give this woman a raise Doug and Nick!!!! She earns every dollar.

I know I will continue to buy East West Quantum Leap products for the long term despite any mishaps with customer service of this caliber.

Take care,
Robert :) :D :)

IvanP
04-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I just want to go on record saying that all of my dealings with Jennifer have been excellent. Whenever I have had a question about an order or billing matter, she has responding quickly and professionally. She is East West/Sound Online's MVP in my books. :)

I agree!!

Excellent support from her :)

Sean R. Beeson
04-06-2005, 06:37 AM
She has been good to me. Three cheers for Jennifer! Hip hip...

labcomp
04-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Last week Jennifer helped bail us out of a self-inflicted problem. This is our 39th year in this industry, and though the tools get better and better, it really means nothing if the folks behind the industry lack integrity and caring hearts. Jennifer certainly gets our votes for being top notch.

Thanks!

Regards,
DavidLevy
mgr, Legacy Lab

PS: I even thought of offering her a job last week should she ever wish to relocate to east coast. Sorry EW! :)

kgdrum
04-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Jennifer is real and very helpful ,she has helped me many times!

Doug Rogers
04-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I hate to tell you this, but Jennifer is not real, she is a computer invented by us that gives you the impression you are dealing with a real person. Her personality and history in this business was contrived by us to give you a sense of stability and comfort - sorry!!

- Doug

Craig_L
04-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry, Doug, but I've seen her in the flesh.

synergy543
04-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I hate to tell you this, but Jennifer is not real, she is a computer invented by us that gives you the impression you are dealing with a real person. Her personality and history in this business was contrived by us to give you a sense of stability and comfort - sorry!!

- Doug
Doug, you've hit the jackpot (again!). When will pre-orders begin or will there be a group buy?

But why did you call her Jennifer instead of Simone?
(great movie btw!)

Doug Rogers
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Doug, you've hit the jackpot (again!). When will pre-orders begin or will there be a group buy?

But why did you call her Jennifer instead of Simone?
(great movie btw!)

We thought Simone would be too obvious.

- Doug

synergy543
04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
We thought Simone would be too obvious.

- Doug
Exactly! You can capitalize on it! (err, um "her").

You can register a trademark but i don't think you can register a title (but i'm not a liar).

If not, how 'bout:

SIM-OWN

(.....putting on raincoat and slinking out the back door. So much for the "Turing Test")

Jennifer Collado
04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
You should meet my husband, HAL 9000... he's quite charming! :D

Blazinghammer
04-08-2005, 05:49 PM
:D

Blessings,

synergy543
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
"I'm sorry Doug,..... you shouldn't do that"
"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

c.k
04-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Many cheers from Canada, Jennifer!

Thanks a lot for your excellent support!

:)

ck

cc1
04-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I am real!
Jennifer

Jennifer - I'm looking for some acoustic drum loops around 89 bpm (not processed, crazy, hipno-tronic beats). Just regular mic'd drum set type sounds, maybe some beats with the drummer using multirod sticks instead of regular wood sticks. Drum kit from hell is way too complicated for me -I'd just like a few loops (4-8 bars long 4/4) to choose from. Thanks for help.

-c