PDA

View Full Version : Question for Kontakt 2 users

tango9jeff
05-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey guys I've been using GOLD and Culture on pro tools with the default kompact player and its soo buggy I can't really use the interface. I have to do most of my tweaking within pro tools via volume curving/Velocity editing and other tricks to manipulate certain dynamics. I was curious tho if I got the new Kontakt 2 would I see any kind of speed increase seeing how it allows for 16 inst. at once. Also is the interface as buggy or is it all fairly stable? Any pro tools users out there with it? Also how is the reverb? Does it match the EW samples nicely? Just curious guys!

Thanks alot for anyone who can help me out in any way!

Jeff

dcoscina
05-09-2005, 04:41 AM
Hey guys I've been using GOLD and Culture on pro tools with the default kompact player and its soo buggy I can't really use the interface. I have to do most of my tweaking within pro tools via volume curving/Velocity editing and other tricks to manipulate certain dynamics. I was curious tho if I got the new Kontakt 2 would I see any kind of speed increase seeing how it allows for 16 inst. at once. Also is the interface as buggy or is it all fairly stable? Any pro tools users out there with it? Also how is the reverb? Does it match the EW samples nicely? Just curious guys!

Thanks alot for anyone who can help me out in any way!

Jeff

I haven't noticed a speed increase but it does work reasonably well importing Gold instruments.

dubaifox
05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I too am dying for answers on how to use my Dual 1.25 Mac with my newly ordered Platinum with Pro Tools LE. A second Mac or PC? How to connect them? What can I expect for performance but no-one seems to be using Pro Tools with EWQL.