PDA

View Full Version : EWQL Libs. and Pro Tools

MachineGun
05-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Quick question, I'm new and considering purchasing some of the fine EWQL sounds. I have been told that there are some problems with DSD and Pro Tools? true? are the problems fixed?
can anyone give me any help? thanks.

bloombaber
05-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I've been using EWQLSO Silver in Pro Tools via RTAS. I can run about 11 patches at once. I dumped the same sequence into Digital Performer and was able to do more than twice that load.

Supposedly, there's a fix for RTAS coming out in...er...about two weeks ago. They say it's actually incorporated into the new releases and should be available as a download for existing products soon.

MachineGun
05-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Thank you for your help! any of the moderators care to chime in?

I have a friend that was using Stormdrum on a Pro Tools HD system and from what I gather, tried installing the DSD Update patch and it screwed up Pro Tools? I'm interested in StormDrum, can anyone tell me if it works properly with Pro Tools?

dubaifox
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
........can anyone tell me if it works properly with Pro Tools?

I am using it some in Pt LE and it works fairly well. A bit buggy, heavy hitting on the CPU and crashes from time to time, but it does work OK.

dubaifox
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I have a friend that was using Stormdrum on a Pro Tools HD system and from what I gather, tried installing the DSD Update patch and it screwed up Pro Tools?

This is very disconcerting.

There had been rumblings from several camps that a PT update was coming that would bring NI applications it up to speed, but I have not heard any mention of it lately.

Doug, can you provide some input? My Platinum is sitting here in it's boxes!

Haggis
05-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi,

I can only comment on using EWQL gold in pro-tools LE, XP machine with a digi002. The only problems I've experienced have been when I've overstepped the amount of RAM available for the samples I've loaded as I can't use DFD with any success. You know, you get to a point where you think now maybe I'll just add a solo oboe...and its just a little too much for the amount of RAM on my machine.

Also there are some sessions I've run that are close to the full amount of RAM available that will not work unless I dissable the active instance of kompakt player on four or so aux's then re-enable them, for some reason this seems to clear up any sessions close to the borderline when last saved.

I'm now about to set up some additional PC's to handle the Platinum version and (fingers crossed) use midi-over-lan to bring it all together.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

cheers,
Peter

MachineGun
05-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks much for the information! I appreciate the help, but.... Is there any of the EWQL support staff on here?? I would definitely appreciate hearing from them about DFD? I have a Pro Tools HD System, will it work??

evaclear
05-11-2005, 03:53 PM
I run my recently purchased EWQL Gold on PTLE and Cubase.

Its performance is definately more stable and comprehensive in Cubase.

I'd be keen for a EWQL ProTools update :D

MachineGun
05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
I was hoping that one of the EWQL People would respond, I'm definitely disappointed! I really thought somebody would respond, after all aren't they trying to sell us product? I guess I won't be purchasing Stormdrum - definitely disappointed I can't get answers! Is this some political thing?? why they won't address this?

Doug Rogers
05-11-2005, 05:13 PM
RTAS has been problematic from the start. We just got it sorted out with Digi and NI and then they released 6.9 and more problems materialized. These are being addressed currently and updates will be issued once they are resolved. The products will run, especially the titles released this year which already have an update incorporated in them supplied by Digi, but performance is not comparable to other hosts currently (unless you are still using 6.7).

I'll keep you posted.

- Doug

MachineGun
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Big thanks! I was definitely hoping someone would come forward. I have to say that I would rather purchase when the product is stable! thanks again and I will be looking forward to the point in time when I can purchase with confidence that it will work properly with my host.

dubaifox
05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
especially the titles released this year which already have an update incorporated in them supplied by Digi, but performance is not comparable to other hosts currently (unless you are still using 6.7).

For over a week I have posted on three different forums for ANYONE using Pro Tools and RA or Collossus to try and get some feedback as to what kind of performance they are getting.

Only found 1 person and he hasn't yet installed it.

I have 6.7. have not upgraded to 6.9 so maybe I would have good luck with RA or Collossus, maybe not. I'd need to hear it from someone before I drop that kind of cash.

But getting itchty.

Thanks for the update Doug. ANY idea when the update might be released?

bryandaste
05-11-2005, 10:48 PM
RTAS has been problematic from the start...performance is not comparable to other hosts currently (unless you are still using 6.7).

Interesting news. I have recently purchased EWQLSO Silver Edition for use on a Pro Tools LE 6.4 mBox Windows XP system(which I was assured would work by soundsonline staff), and
I am having the following problem: I can I pull up EWQLSO Silver on an aux or audio track in Pro Tools and play sounds from the graphical on-screen keyboard. BUT when I try to assign a MIDI track in Pro Tools to trigger EWQLSO, it doesn't give me the option to access different MIDI channels within Kompakt. The only relevant MIDI output available on my MIDI track is labelled is "EWQLSO Silver Edition 1 - (No Channels Activated)." By selecting this as my output, I can trigger whatever multi is currently loaded - ALL of the instruments present in the multi play simultaneously. Great for cacophony, but I cannot access the 8 instruments individually! Very frustrating. I was told that upgrading to 6.7 might help - is this definitely the case? And should I upgrade to 6.7, but avoid 6.9?

I am using DSD, by the way.

Thanks!
Bryan