PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get Candy yet?

eegee
05-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I can't seem to find demos anywhere for it even though it shows as released on Yellow Tools site.

efiebke
05-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Just received mine in the mail yesterday afternoon. I ordered it back last October. (Good things come in good time, I guess. . . :p )

I have 5 "hard-synth" tone generators that contain various saxophone sounds. None sound good. I also have two or three "soft-synths" containing various sax sounds. One soft-synth does have "just o.k." sounds, but they're still not spectacular. So far, Yellow Tool's Candy has the better sax sounds. I only "played" around with it for about 3 hours before having to leave for work. During that time, I was impressed not only with the sound, but the relative ease of creating realistic variations to some of the sax sounds. Will I be able to create a Wayne Shorter soprano-sax type solo?? Not by my hands. Maybe someone with more experience with Yellow Tool's program can come close! But I'm looking forward to creating some nice sounding small jazz ensamble tunes! :)

I'm glad that I made the purchase. So far so good!

But I do wish that the demos were on their web site. . . .

1Echo
05-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I just used the last of my points and got it for $50. I hate the fact there haven't been any demos yet but Yellow Tools products have been consistently great (love Culture) so I'm not too worried about the quality and it fills a definite need for me. Can't wait to give it a try.

Chris

Nayi
05-10-2005, 09:56 AM
I would love to see a photo of the GUI and how this VI works. The Soundsonline has so little information about the product :(

Ben H
05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Candy demos are up!!!

Ben H