PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nick and Doug

josejherring
05-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Dear Nick and Doug,

I love my EWQLSO Gold set. I was wondering if when you're finished with all the Pro updates and the Choir, you could set up a data base of fixes for some of the patches?

I'd still like to see some improvements in intonation on some patches and also some of the release samples could use some cleaning up.

But like I said, all and all, I love my gold.

Cheers,

Jose

RickD
05-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Dear Nick and Doug,

I love my EWQLSO Gold set. I was wondering if when you're finished with all the Pro updates and the Choir, you could set up a data base of fixes for some of the patches?

I'd still like to see some improvements in intonation on some patches and also some of the release samples could use some cleaning up.

But like I said, all and all, I love my gold.

Cheers,

Jose

I agree, and one other small favor, a program using the pedal to initiate the QLegato for Gold as well as Silver.

Rick

deathadder79
05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I'd still like to see some improvements in intonation....

Doesn't this sampler have micro tuning? :confused:

josejherring
05-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Doesn't this sampler have micro tuning? :confused:

I don't have time to go through and microtune every sample. I would expect that every sample be at least tuned to A440. I don't even think you could go in and retune the samples with all velocity layers and for all the notes.

Like I said. It's just a few out of tune notes in some instruments. Sharp oboe note or two. Flat trumpet note or two. Just every once in a while but enough to slow me down.

Jose

Doug Rogers
05-15-2005, 11:28 AM
We do periodic updates to products once we have all current bugs reported (we are up to 2.5 with EWQLSO). The best and fastest way to achieve these is to use the proper reporting mechanism that's stated on our support page. Send as much detail as you can so we can evaluate the reports to techsupport@eastwestsounds.com.

- Doug

deathadder79
05-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't have time to go through and microtune every sample. I would expect that every sample be at least tuned to A440. I don't even think you could go in and retune the samples with all velocity layers and for all the notes.

Maybe I'm using it wrong... with RA and colossus, micro tuning seems to adjust all 8 channels in the instance... and it takes about 3 seconds to use the scroll down list and select "western" or "equal tempered" or whatever... maybe this is wrong or doesn't fix the problem? (haven't gotten to use Platinum yet)...

that being said, I agree... I was surprised by how out of tune some of the orchestral instruments in Colossus were... and those are supposed to be from EWQLSO, I thought?

josejherring
05-15-2005, 08:13 PM
We do periodic updates to products once we have all current bugs reported (we are up to 2.5 with EWQLSO). The best and fastest way to achieve these is to use the proper reporting mechanism that's stated on our support page. Send as much detail as you can so we can evaluate the reports to techsupport@eastwestsounds.com.

- Doug

Will do doug. As I'm going through I'll email you what I find.

Cheers,

Jose

Nick Phoenix
05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Maybe I'm using it wrong... with RA and colossus, micro tuning seems to adjust all 8 channels in the instance... and it takes about 3 seconds to use the scroll down list and select "western" or "equal tempered" or whatever... maybe this is wrong or doesn't fix the problem? (haven't gotten to use Platinum yet)...

that being said, I agree... I was surprised by how out of tune some of the orchestral instruments in Colossus were... and those are supposed to be from EWQLSO, I thought?

I have not found any out of tune instruments in Colossus. Microtuning does not work in Colossus, or Kontakt 1 for that matter.