PDA

View Full Version : Symphonic Choirs delayed again :<((

Daryl
05-16-2005, 02:16 AM
This may be old news, but I checked that the Symphonic Choirs was shipping today only to find that it has been delayed yet again!!!!!!!!!!!
I notice that the new release date is 31st May. Is that subject to change as well?

Daryl

black neon bob
05-16-2005, 04:19 AM
I believe either Doug or Nick told us it was the final release date... they have done testing and are in production now! so, yeah... i am pretty sure it will be released on the 31th...

And the demos should not take long now anymore..

banquo
05-16-2005, 05:06 AM
you must be joking :(

Needless to say, that the release will be delayed again,
like from 15th March, to 31 March, from 15th April to 30th April,
from 15th May to 31th May.... this is a neverending story :D

I guess, that the real release will be end of the year.
And trust me, release of the Pro upgrade IS NOT end of June 2005,
but rather midyear 2006.

don't sell it to this guy until midyear 2006! [kidding]

But I'm optimistic. demos this week, anyway.

MCS
05-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Doug said that testing is finished and May 31 is the final release date, so I think it will not be delayed again.

Best,
Michael

banquo
05-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Demos early this week apparantly.

*shivers*

chocothrax
05-16-2005, 06:28 AM
I consider Monday and Tuesday to be early in the week so demo's better be today or tomorrow!

Pi_314
05-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Any delay beyond this one would be a horrible business mistake. May 31 it is.

Still haven't bought - I wanna hear the chior demos first.

banquo
05-16-2005, 07:08 AM
This amount of anticipation can't be healthy.

RickD
05-16-2005, 07:51 AM
you must be joking :(

...And trust me, release of the Pro upgrade IS NOT end of June 2005,
but rather midyear 2006.

It better not be! Wasn't the Pro Upgrade announced BEFORE the choir?. What's up with that?

Rick

EricDoggett
05-16-2005, 09:54 AM
I heard a rumor that the Pro Upgrades will be included with all new shipments of the PS3, but, that's yet to be confirmed :)

Ok slight jab - no harm intended :)

dpasdernick
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
This is the age old issue with software releases.

I worked for a hi-end 3D animation software company that would announce new developments when they were mere skeches on a napkin. This created marketing hype. Unfortunately, most people thought that meant the software was ready to ship. Then they waited. And waited. Sometimes for a long, longtime. Wondering if they should wait or go and buy something else.

Some companies don't mention a new product until it is shipping. They run the risk of having a competitor either releasing a competitive product before theirs is out or announcing a new product that "will be available soon" (see above) I recall EW releasing Collossus this way. Sort of a suprise for NAMM.

I, for one, wish that companies were a tad more responsible with due dates. (I'm not pointing a finger at EW here) I know it's hard to compete in this market and timing is crucial. It just seems that software gets announced too quickly and that people get annoyed with waiting.

Here's a lilltle piece of advice, for what it's worth. Don't buy promises. Buy what's on the shelf. Don't tie up your hard earned money pre-purchasing. (unless you save a ton of dough on a pre-release deal) Look around for a competitive product that is out and may fit the bill. Chances are you may have a piece of software that may already fit the bill (I learn this the hard way all the time!)

Of course on the other side of the coin, good things come to those who wait and pretty much anything from EW is worth the wait.

My humble 2 cents,

Darren

cKaz
05-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Get all the bugs worked out, interface changes, samples and so forth. That way these forums will not be filled with "This doesn't work" "Whats wrong with theses samples", (you get the idea). :rolleyes:

2 cents added to above, were at 4 cents now.

Chris

Daryl
05-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Get all the bugs worked out, interface changes, samples and so forth. That way these forums will not be filled with "This doesn't work" "Whats wrong with theses samples", (you get the idea). :rolleyes:

2 cents added to above, were at 4 cents now.

Chris

True, but they've had my money for months now... :(

Daryl

Dave Bourke
05-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Two choices here: get it right, or get it out. I'll take the first one every time.

Kind regards.

janila
05-17-2005, 05:51 AM
I, for one, wish that companies were a tad more responsible with due dates. (I'm not pointing a finger at EW here) I know it's hard to compete in this market and timing is crucial. It just seems that software gets announced too quickly and that people get annoyed with waiting.I totally agree. I've jumped to the Pro bandwagon in January just to find out that the Pro upgrades will ship three months later than announced because later announced products have to be finished first. I also agree with the people who are willing to wait to get a ready product but it would be nice to have the announcements in the same order as the releases. :rolleyes:

Bela D Media's Giovani is a great example of the hype building scheme. I can't even remember when they announced the library and now they tell us that there will be some demos in June. I'm more into the Native Instruments kind of thing. They announced Reaktor 5 and something like a month later I find the product in my mail.

Doug Rogers
05-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Don't forget you get a 30% discount for your patience. You could have waited for the actual release, but it would have cost $300 more.

Also, we never put precise release dates on the products, they are only estimates (as stated), and these aren't small projects, they are huge productions involving 100s of people, and you never know what is around the corner.

The last delay wasn't caused by us either, NI had to fix some things related to the MAC Tiger release and PT 6.9.

I can assure you though that all of us have been working 24/7 since Symphonic Orchestra, and after the Pro Upgrades, we're all taking a long break.

- Doug