PDA

View Full Version : vota in kotakt please help

javismiles
05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
dear friends,
im thinking in buying VOTA (voices of the apocalypse) and I have kontakt but no giga, so I wanted to know if its possible to use VOTA with kontakt, I know that the word utility doesnt work with kontakt but I may not need it, so does the rest work ok with kontakt, I read somewhere that one needs to edit the parameters of the sampler because some features dont get translated correctly when kontakt reads the giga files, is that right, in summary, anybody out there using VOTA with kontakt instead of with gigastudio, and hows it going, does it work, problems etc?

thanks loads
Jav

Moonchilde
05-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Ever hear of Periods? They're quite helpful :)

Anyhow, I read that the mod wheel doesn't import properly, so you'd have to edit that. Or, use Chicken System's Translater which supposedly does it right. You can get a free version off their site that allows you to translate 1 patch per half hour.

And, you can use the words without the word builder, you'd just have to load up every vowel sound into seperate patches in a bank and then sequence it that way. I know someone who does this, and it sounds quite good. He actually prefers it to the word builder.

Sean R. Beeson
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
If you buy VOTA, remember that you can upgrade to EWQLSC when it comes out too. That should be a tad more friendly with Kontakt than VOTA is.

Sean

Moonchilde
05-17-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure if they are still offering the upgrade path from VotA, I think that was temporary.

I guess the real question here is, Why is he buying VotA? Is it a price issue? If price isn't an issue, he should wait for Choirs. If so, then, VotA is his next best bet.