PDA

View Full Version : "Running Wild" HB HS

isaaclundgren
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, for my birthday today, I stayed home from work, and whipped this up! Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXy6RO_8vds

Also, just made a soundcloud account this week.

http://soundcloud.com/isaac-lundgren/running-wild

Casiquire
03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
It was definitely unusual the way the piece started out so loud and brassy and got quieter, and quieter, and quieter. Great sound!

isaaclundgren
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks man! I imagine some sort of frontier, horse galloping scene with the action starting abruptly, and fading out as the ride continues in the distance - with perhaps a lady in a carriage watching the ride carry on in the distance, with a touch of elegance, and dash of contemplation...

Jesse
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I think it is a great piece!
:)

isaaclundgren
03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you!

pickpiano
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice track. It sounds pretty well sequenced to me, and I think you're doing nicely in terms of realism! The only thing that stood out to me were the portamentos near the end. For some reason, I didn't buy those. And something about the attack of the last high "G" threw me off. Regardless, I think this is a really fun piece.

isaaclundgren
03-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback. Realism is a priority for me, as keyboarded recordings are my main medium (I don't often get the honor of conducting a live orchestra - Gee, really?? :P )! I'll even modify the arrangement if something is sounding too fakey. My rule of thumb is, it can sound a little fakey, as long as it doesn't detract from the integrity of the song. I'll look into addressing the issues you mentioned.

I really appreciate feedback from a fresh pair or ears, so thank you.

Casiquire
03-18-2012, 10:46 PM
My rule of thumb is, it can sound a little fakey, as long as it doesn't detract from the integrity of the song.

100%. With sample libraries we try to get hyper-realistic, but we forget that the sound of the music is more important.

pkm
03-18-2012, 11:07 PM
100%. With sample libraries we try to get hyper-realistic, but we forget that the sound of the music is more important.

In my experience, the client usually wants realism to be as close as possible, so you have to write to the strengths of the library you're using.