PDA

View Full Version : "Dead Man Zand"

ComposerGuy
04-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Hey there Guys,

I'm not really THE comedy composer, but there is one humorous gameproject that I've really enjoyed doing the music for. It's called "Dead Man Zand" and it's a point and click adventure settled in the underworld. Here are some tracks:

http://www.moddb.com/games/dead-man-zand/videos/reception1#imagebox

Click on pics if you want to see how it looks ingame. I've used SO for the percussive things, SC, and of course Spaces. What i've tried to achieve was this deeply sarcastic feel that the game provides instead of doing a classic comedy soundtrack. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Mike

TGV
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Very suitable tracks for such a game, not unelfmanlike. The sound is quite good, although the different tracks sound a bit the same and some of the string articulations seem a bit aggressive, e.g. in the teaser video. A bit more expressive sound might help, but I know they're not always to be found in SO.

ComposerGuy
04-10-2012, 02:12 AM
thanks for the input theo. You're right with SO, the strings in the teaser video sound really agressive. I thank god that I've got new string libraries ;). I've tried to keep the musical style throughout the whole game to get a uniform sound, but believe me there are aswell tracks with different character in it.