PDA

View Full Version : Soaring Above The Crowd (repost)

trumpoz
04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've been on holidays so at last I have found time to write mock-up. Here is one I have been working on.

http://soundcloud.com/trumpoz/soaring-above-the-crowd#play

Comments, criticism and abuse are all welcome.

Thanks

Richard

tedreedy
04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
very nice Richard! solid orchestration, interesting progression, and you've made good use of HB, well done.

trumpoz
04-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Thankyou very much Ted :) It was doing my head in for a while, but I'm happy that I got it finished.

I'd really like some suggestions on creating further depth from anyone as well please. Ive quite agressively panned some of the sections,rolled off some of the highs in the brass/woodwind sections to try and create a sense of distance, and increased the pre-delay on the reverb as the sections were closer to the front. Are there any other effects that would be worth exploring or is it a matter of further experimenting with these three?

Thanks

Richard

trumpoz
04-14-2012, 06:10 PM
bumpidy bump - any other thoughts?

Cheers

trumpoz
04-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Ok - quick question.

I've just listened to this online and it sounds distorted and generally lo-fi. I've listened the to MP3 on my computer and it sounds fine. The wave-form in sound cloud doesn't look like it should be peaking. Is there something with sound cloud where sounds distort at lower volumes than my DAW?