PDA

View Full Version : A Knight of our Land - Elder Scrolls Mod

Benedict Nichols
04-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi all

Here is an album of the music I have written for and Elder Scrolls Mod. Its not everything I wrote, but a good cross section.

I posted a few tracks here before and they went down well, so I thought Id let you all hear more!

A Knight of our Land (http://soundcloud.com/benedictnichols/sets/a-knight-of-our-land/)

Hope you enjoy them all/some. Any questions/comments feel free!

THanks

B

soapmak3r
04-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Excellent stuff! :)

Benedict Nichols
04-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Excellent stuff! :)

lol thanks! Was wondering when someone might take the time to reply. THanks!

I dont think people realise that this is a whole album. not just one track. unfortunately i cant edit the original thread title so no one is likely to ever know....

askipper
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
I listened on Soundcloud. Didn't see this post until now. I liked it all and think you captured the soul of skyrim perfectly. Well done! One day I hope to be as good. Long way off yet though!

DanielJMoore
04-25-2012, 04:16 PM
:D, you just made my day sir. I don't dare to listen on my work's computer speakers here at the office, but when I get home I will make a cup of coffee and take a listen. Will let you know what I think.

DanielJMoore
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
BTW Benedict, not kindin, are these tracks available for purchase (gentle voyager for ex.)?

Benedict Nichols
04-26-2012, 05:07 AM
BTW Benedict, not kindin, are these tracks available for purchase (gentle voyager for ex.)?

Hey Daniel, sure thing! Ive jsut made it available via my facebook artist page...especially for you :) Here it is:

A Knight Of Our Land (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benedict-Nichols-Music-for-Media/128907477215420?sk=app_164380056952184)

DanielJMoore
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Hey Daniel, sure thing! Ive jsut made it available via my facebook artist page...especially for you :) Here it is:

A Knight Of Our Land (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benedict-Nichols-Music-for-Media/128907477215420?sk=app_164380056952184)

So, I have come to the conclusion after listening last night that you are the direct spawn of Jeremy Soule lol. I really enjoyed every piece to be honest and I appriciate the link.

Strezov
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
awesome stuff. Close to the original in terms of atmosphere and vibe. Great!

Benedict Nichols
04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
So, I have come to the conclusion after listening last night that you are the direct spawn of Jeremy Soule lol. I really enjoyed every piece to be honest and I appriciate the link.

lol thanks! Im pretty sure im not, but I wont deny he has been influential! His music to oblivion was one of the first albums I ever had on my creative mp3 player (those were the days), so i listened to it a LOT! And i love writing that style too, so it comes quite naturally!

Thanks again!

Sean M
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I was just browsing and I decided to listened to this. I usually don't sign in, and just check up, but I had to come back to tell you how awesome this is.

Soule is maybe my favorite composer and you did great on recreating his style, again, awesome job!

May I ask what mod? I'm a member of the Bethesda modding community myself.

Benedict Nichols
04-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I was just browsing and I decided to listened to this. I usually don't sign in, and just check up, but I had to come back to tell you how awesome this is.

Soule is maybe my favorite composer and you did great on recreating his style, again, awesome job!

May I ask what mod? I'm a member of the Bethesda modding community myself.

Wow, many thanks :)

It was originally all written for Morrowind Rebirth, but whilst working on it I got in contact with MERP to offer my services. I sent them a few of the tracks I had already done, and they liked it so much they asked if they could use them all, or at least have them playing for the developers, something fresh for their ears whilst they work on it....

So, at the moment its planned to appear in both mods. I will write specifically for MERP when I have time tho, as its LOTR, and so a slightly more subdued sound....

RyanS
04-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Great work.

Really enjoyed it!

Ryan

Benedict Nichols
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Great work.

Really enjoyed it!

Ryan

Cheers Ryan :)

Benedict Nichols
04-30-2012, 07:18 AM
If anyone is interested, the album or individual tracks can be bought from here

ALternatively they can be purchased directly through the soundcloud link at the top of the thread via the 'buy this set' button on the player!

Many thanks to all who support!

MartinJG
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Benedict

Some really good work. Ended up listening to all your demos. Nice range of styles and sounds.

MJ

Benedict Nichols
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Benedict

Some really good work. Ended up listening to all your demos. Nice range of styles and sounds.

MJ

Cheers! Theres some pretty old stuff there, some of which is clearly not as good as my most recent (IMO). Really need to update it with work ive been doing for an iphone app game...ive gone all big band!

meister hubert
05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
pretty awsome stuff benedict!
thanks for sharing =)

MartinJG
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Cheers! Theres some pretty old stuff there, some of which is clearly not as good as my most recent (IMO). Really need to update it with work ive been doing for an iphone app game...ive gone all big band!

Don't go all coy on us! Two that stand out for me which I suspect are on the archive list are 'Sunshine' which I thought was a wonderfully tongue in cheek mockup and 'Undercurrent' which I think works very well. Is that Omni I here lurking below?!

Benedict Nichols
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Don't go all coy on us! Two that stand out for me which I suspect are on the archive list are 'Sunshine' which I thought was a wonderfully tongue in cheek mockup and 'Undercurrent' which I think works very well. Is that Omni I here lurking below?!

Ha ha! yes it is...i tweaked a bass synth patch for the bottom end but there is also another arppegiated patch in there that i made plus some short EW strings running through guitar rig that run through the whole thing...

Sunshine was made for an iphone puzzle game my brother was developing (but never got finished). Twas good fun making that one :)

Thanks a lot :)

ComposerGuy
05-05-2012, 09:51 AM
hey benedict, nice work! I already thought a couple of months before that you'd be a nice fit for a morrowindish game ;)

Great amount of enjoyable music and great use of Spaces, keep it up!

Sherief83
05-05-2012, 12:04 PM
That's a 5 star from me man. beautiful feelings you have...(yoda style)

Benedict Nichols
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
hey benedict, nice work! I already thought a couple of months before that you'd be a nice fit for a morrowindish game ;)

Great amount of enjoyable music and great use of Spaces, keep it up!

Cheers!

I actually contacted Bethesda with the album, just to tell them that as a fan I had made it, in the hope that theyd at least listen and perhaps if (in my wildest dreams) they would make it available free to fans as a tribute album....in fact im sure im not the first whos done such an album, so the best of it with the best of others..... guess what i got in reply? (after a reminder email)...

"Thanks for your continued support."

Awesome community relations work there....

boxc
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
This is just awesome. If I had the time I would listen carefully to every single song multiple times and write page after page explaining why I like it so much, but I'll just settle with: Awesome. You are my new idol.

Benedict Nichols
05-09-2012, 11:02 AM
This is just awesome. If I had the time I would listen carefully to every single song multiple times and write page after page explaining why I like it so much, but I'll just settle with: Awesome. You are my new idol.

Could you find the time please?! Joke. thanks a lot. I spent many hours listening to the Soule to get it right. I found often that a theme or idea or texture would work fine and sound stylistically similar, but it was the transistions that were the hard part. Thinking, 'where should this go next? and how?" was the biggest issue. I had tonnes of themes and ideas, just trying to work with the best ones for this style...

wlad
05-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Great work!