PDA

View Full Version : Dramedy

jazz4
05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share a piece I just wrote for a prodution album I'm working on.

I have mixed acoustic instruments with EWQL Gold and Halion. It's a Comedy/Drama piece entitled 'Girl Next Door.'

Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/sclunie/girl-next-door

bobsstudio
05-17-2012, 06:21 AM
High Jazz4,

This sounds like music placement work. Underscore for reality shows.
It's sits right in the vein. So no probs there.
Is this a work for hire deal or are you doing the usual .....wait for the PRS cheque thing!?
Anyway good luck on the project.

BobG

TGV
05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
It's a bit boring, but it would work in the situation Bob describes, or in a scene where the protagonist gets out of the house in the morning, does all the standard things (get breakfast, drink coffee, mix up clothing, ...), everything light and fun, and then bumps into the man she doesn't know she'll marry at the end of the movie. The piano at the beginning and end sounds very familiar, though. You might want to change it a bit.

jazz4
05-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks Bob,

The project itself is an album of production music I will hopefully be getting on a high profile music library. Thanks for the kind words, I really wanted to show the mixing of acoustic instruments with the east west libraries.

Thanks for the feedback TGV,

The familiarity of the descending latin piano melody isn't much a surprise, it's pretty generic. This music isn't really a song and it's not paticularly designed to be heard on it's own. It is without doubt an un-obtrusive underscoring piece to serve light drama and/or reality television. It's a shame you found it boring - I tried to make it at least a little bit interesting to listen to.