PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

Biedronka
05-16-2012, 11:39 AM
hello all. Some time ago I decided to buy the sheet music from the soundtrack of Star Wars, written by John Williams. At first I was a little frightened by the complexity of the piece and how to recreate the sound of this wonderful jewel. However, having under my fingers the beauty of libraries like Hollywood Strings, Brass and Symphonic Orchestra Hollywood I plucked up courage (mostly because I enjoyed it) and I started to recreate the song. It 's just the beginning, but I think is not bad at all.
Let me know what you think .... and if this is the case for you to carry it out (I think so!)

thanks

Cheers

Biedronka

http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=star+wars+prova

crapmond
05-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Very nice! I think you did a great job with articulations and it sounds great. It will need some reverb and maybe a faster tempo.

Complimenti! :)

Biedronka
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks ,

I'll add some reverb but first of all i'll go on finishing the piece .

Cheers

piotrmuzyka1
05-16-2012, 01:21 PM
very good like oryginal men :P

christerholm
05-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Very good start!!!

Jason.M.Watts
05-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I hate Soundcloud. I use it, but hate it. It never seems to load (app or mobile version) on my phone. So I'll have to listen to this when I get home. I'd love to hear what an EWQLSO Star Wars sounds like. ;)

Jason Watts

Dannthr
05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Remember that it goes to cut time! So double your tempo.

Jason.M.Watts
05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
I agree with the others. Sounds great! Can't wait to hear the finished version!

Jason Watts

flickerflix
05-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Sounds great. So, did you use HB as well or just SO?

Biedronka
05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
thanks for your nice comments !
I used For the Strings and Brasses HStrings and HBrasses . I doubled the trumpets and the trombone with Cinesamples Cinebrass trumpet/trombones articulations. The flutes , oboe, clarinet, bassoon , harp ( included glissando ) triangles , timpani , belong to SO. The glockenspiel , piatti and snares belong to Project Sam True Strike 1 . I added a second section of snares ( cinesamples cinesnares ) . Now they seem more powerful. I dinn't use any compression and eq. Maybe later . Reverb : i'll use Spaces , and my real Lexicon PCM 80.
EWQL libraries sound great, real and strong .So thanks to all the EastWest Staff and also to the forum for your helps ans suggestions .

Cheers

Biedronka

Karisigurd
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Very nice, looking forward to hearing more. Following you on soundcloud.

Biedronka
05-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks !!http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/images/smilies/music/music-11.gif

cjed
05-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Really great, the best version of this song (not easy to reproduce) listened to on the forums. Besides recent other star wars songs try this confirms there are many fans here :-)

I liked the tempo variations, that make it more real, I just would have made it faster or slower at some time. Did you use a notation software with crescendo/decrescendo indications ?
Keep working on this (and other star wars songs) ! We could also plan a star wars contest ?

Biedronka
05-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks Cjed ,

for tempo variations I simply use ( inside Cubase ) the tempo track . In other words I first load the John Williams original track i cubase . Before playng the various Play / ProjectSam / Cinebrass instances , I follow all the tempo variations of the original track with the tempo track . And here we go . Then I start playng / recording the rythmic section , as contrabass , tuba , cimbasso , timpani. The hard work begins ( in my opinion ) when I try to emulate the trombone ( all its variations and fast passages ). And I say thanks to EastWest , that created so many articulations and modwheel variations . The same is for the trumpets . And I think It will be the same for the violins . Anyway , my software is only Cubase . My MacPro 8 cores runs cubase 6 : through
VSL PRO 5 I manage all the instruments sections , loaded in my second computer , a I7 920 , with 24 GIG of RAM. Everything works OK , without clips or pops .
Like a dream !

Star War contest ? Good idea !
I wonder what they think, Nick, Doug and the entire company !

What about " Star Wars , the revenge of this site ( Soundsonline Forums ) " ?

Cheers

Biedronka

crapmond
05-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Star Wars contest?? That's a great idea! Don't touch Across the Stars..that's mine!! :D

Jason.M.Watts
05-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I'd love to hear some takes on "The Throne Room", and "The Asteroid Field". If I weren't in the middle of a large project, and trying to stay focused, I'd start on one of them now. If a contest is started, I may take a stab at one of them. :D

Jason Watts