PDA

View Full Version : Creba's Crusade

yuwenshuo
05-18-2012, 07:58 AM
An audition demo for an animated feature film.
HS+HB+SD2+some other libs
Enjoy:D

On douban:
http://t.cn/zOm3Y67

Also on soundcloud:
http://snd.sc/JSFQjI

Jesse
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Fantastic piece!
Nice theme 1:55- 2:15, made me think a little bit about "Dinosaurs" theme (from James Newton Howard).

Cheers! :D

Karisigurd
05-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Good work! I really liked the sound and energy, nice orchestration!

yuwenshuo
05-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Good work! I really liked the sound and energy, nice orchestration!

Fantastic piece!
Nice theme 1:55- 2:15, made me think a little bit about "Dinosaurs" theme (from James Newton Howard).

Cheers! :D

Thank you guys^ ^ Really encouraging!

Raymond66
05-21-2012, 09:23 AM
It is a bit: "just the same as other epic music, but a bit different". Though I envy you all having the skills making this. There is so much talent around, why not making music instead of a "sound track". You certainly have the skills to do this, I can hear that. Hollywood is far away in distance and in getting there as a score writer..... so don't waste your talent.

Raymond

yuwenshuo
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
It is a bit: "just the same as other epic music, but a bit different". Though I envy you all having the skills making this. There is so much talent around, why not making music instead of a "sound track". You certainly have the skills to do this, I can hear that. Hollywood is far away in distance and in getting there as a score writer..... so don't waste your talent.

Raymond

Thanks for reply, Raymond.

I wrote this because this was an audition piece and the director want "Blockbuster sound" music.
Sometimes I feel sad for film music composers who always have to write music to make someone else happy.

Still I never stop writing things I really like. You have to make a balance between these you know...

boxc
05-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Wonderful piece. I agree somewhat with Raymond66, but I don't think that this is just another unoriginal Hollywood soundtrack piece. Sure some passages are a bit generic I guess, still greatly composed though, but you have som original ideas and the part with the solo singer is just awesome. Good work! I'm a follower now.

yuwenshuo
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Wonderful piece. I agree somewhat with Raymond66, but I don't think that this is just another unoriginal Hollywood soundtrack piece. Sure some passages are a bit generic I guess, still greatly composed though, but you have som original ideas and the part with the solo singer is just awesome. Good work! I'm a follower now.

Thanks boxc.

This piece was written on a given motif: A B C B A E. The whole piece is based on that motif. Another piece also was written on this motif, which I will post it here soon.

matbox-symphony.com
05-26-2012, 02:58 AM
Very nice !

lejmer
05-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for reply, Raymond.

I wrote this because this was an audition piece and the director want "Blockbuster sound" music.
Sometimes I feel sad for film music composers who always have to write music to make someone else happy.

Still I never stop writing things I really like. You have to make a balance between these you know...

Some of us enjoy making others happy. ;)

And it's a very nice piece. It's well composed and I loved the part with the solo singer. Good job!

Sinfour
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I like this piece! Could well fit a Final Fantasy game, where there is slightly action going on :)

yuwenshuo
05-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Some of us enjoy making others happy. ;)

And it's a very nice piece. It's well composed and I loved the part with the solo singer. Good job!

Yeah, especially for those who really respect and appreciate your work.

I like this piece! Could well fit a Final Fantasy game, where there is slightly action going on :)

Thanks! I love Nobuo Uematsu, and maybe am influenced by his music.

Very nice !

Thank you!