PDA

View Full Version : Empire - new trailer track with HS/HB

R. Simeon Bowring
05-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi There!

Here's one of my new trailer tracks called Empire. All the strings and brass are HS and HB, there's also some Stormdrum and SO percussion in there plus some Symphonic Choirs mixed in with some live vox and other samples, lots of other bits and pieces in there too. Spaces was used a lot too.

Have to say I love working with HS and HB now I've got my head around them!

http://soundcloud.com/simeonbowring/empire

Simeon

Dean
05-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi There!

Here's one of my new trailer tracks called Empire. All the strings and brass are HS and HB, there's also some Stormdrum and SO percussion in there plus some Symphonic Choirs mixed in with some live vox and other samples, lots of other bits and pieces in there too. Spaces was used a lot too.

Have to say I love working with HS and HB now I've got my head around them!

http://soundcloud.com/simeonbowring/empire

Simeon

Hey Simeon,

I really like this,you've done something a little different here with a powerful tone and strong theme,well done,..I think the electronics sound a little dated,would be good to hear something more organicand modern.

I Might ask for your help re H.strings sometime if you dont mind.D

R. Simeon Bowring
05-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Hey Simeon,

I really like this,you've done something a little different here with a powerful tone and strong theme,well done,..I think the electronics sound a little dated,would be good to hear something more organicand modern.

I Might ask for your help re H.strings sometime if you dont mind.D

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the feedback, yes I was going for a more vintage electronic sound in this one, quite a lot of old analogue gear in there! Glad to help you with HS if I can. I've found other members on here very helpful myself!

Simeon

christerholm
05-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Really good and powerful track!

Jacob Thomas Czech
05-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Really nice piece. Good energy. If I were you I would consider putting drums a little bit back and more orchestra up front. Overall mix is a little bit dry for me personally.

Benedict Nichols
05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
really enjoyed this! Didnt think the electronic sounds were out of place at all. In games trailers they are very much in at the moment!

listening to the rest of your work now, great stuff! You using HS and HB Gold or diamond?

R. Simeon Bowring
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, great to get different perspectives.

@Benedict- I use HS & HB Diamond, mainly for the option to mix in close mics on the strings for extra bite, especially on cellos and basses, I find it helps to give focus to the low stuff. Don't often use them on the brass though although the different mics have come in useful on some projects for a more intimate feel.

Simeon