PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of the sky (WIP)

Davide Cecchi
05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Hello and greetings to all the East-West producers out there. I'm a newly registered user and i would like to present myself with one of my latest works. This is WIP, so it cuts at a certain point, and i'm aware that mixing could be better, and piano is very dry.
I'm writing this stuff for a commercial game. Almost everything you hear comes from East-West products. Logic Studio 9 has been used as sequencer.

Orchestra = Ew Orchestra Gold
Drums = Ew Orchestra Gold + Sturmdrum 2
Guitars (including solo guitars) and drums = Ministry of Rock 2 and MOR Black Drum Kit.
Just bass and piano samples comes from Logic's Library.

Here you can have a listen:

https://www.box.com/s/cf3e1b64734fb191f338

Hope in constructive criticism and why not, a nice listen :-)

boxc
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I think it sounds really nice and would work great in a game. You have some interesting musical ideas in here and you execute them nicely.
As you said the piano is dry and not a very good sample (sounds very metallic and midi-like to me). I am not sure what I can say about the guitars. I have never mixed guitars myself, but somehow they sound a bit out of place at points. Perhaps try stereo spreading them a bit or adding some more reverb. It feels as if they're not as "big" as the rest, perhaps they don't have to be though.
Anyway, great track and welcome to the forums!

Davide Cecchi
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for your listen, your answer and kind words! I'm happy to be part of this community!

Yes, i have to do something with that piano. The main reason it sounds metallic it's in part because of the sample itself and another part because i've worked on the EQ to make it sound that way. The game will run on Ipads and Iphones and a deeper piano wouldn't result as it should, in my opinion. Nonetheless, when i took the mp3 out from the studio and listened it at home with my crappy pc and an on-board soundcard i was shocked by how metallic it sounds on a standard.
I'm afraid i badly need EW's Pianos ahah :-)