PDA

View Full Version : Orchestral ambience

boxc
05-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Hello,

I decided to make a piece in a slightly different genre than I'm used to. It still has a lot of orchestral elements, but this time it's a bit more modern (perhaps?) with some reverby piano and a couple of synths for ambience. It's meant to be a relaxing piece, best listened to at night. Might not be for everybody. I'd say it has three different parts that are similar, but different in choice of instrumentation.

Please criticize!

http://soundcloud.com/danielsymphonies/made-it-alone

Regards,
Daniel

Jason.M.Watts
05-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I think it sounds great! The beginning reminds me of some of my favorite parts from Elfman's Edward Scissorhands score. I think you did a nice job carrying your thematic phrase throughout the piece while keeping it interesting.

I should mention that I listened through my Android phone's mono speaker. If it helps at all, it sounds really good in mono. ;)

Jason Watts

Jesse
05-25-2012, 01:48 AM
I agree, it's sounds great! Been listening on my crappy pc speakers, but will give it a proper listen soon.

Love the theme, very beautiful:)

imyself
05-27-2012, 12:59 AM
love it!

here is what came on my mind listening your music:

(situated action in the mid 19th century / the single (young) daughter of a noble family fallen, is aware that a marriage "arranged" shall improve the lives of his parents, but this is not what she was expecting as a romantic relationship ... and not so soon)
... Alice knows that growing up, (get out of the comfortable world of childhood) is not a choice ... one time or another, it would have anyway been necessary to accept to become a woman ... but would have loved it happens so fast ... not now ... not already ... to realize that once she passed the door, she can no longer go back, can no longer speak with her stuffed toys, her dolls ... at its option, borrow it or not, the hard way, that leads to adulthood and its so many disappointments ...

boxc
06-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Thanks guys. Interesting comment imyself, very unique! I appreciate you taking your time writing something like this!

jspencer
06-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Very nice piece!

JijGaat
06-11-2012, 11:22 AM
He Daniel,

Indeed, it sounds different than what we're used to, but it is a good listen. I would have liked it to have some more dynamics, to have the celesta and glock at a very soft dynamic, more fragile. On the other hand that's just a matter of taste. I like what you did with the piece and the orchestration (also synth wise).

Best,

SJK
06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Very nice!