PDA

View Full Version : Sludgy Western Song

AustinW90
06-07-2012, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEfEZqklBtE

patsukos
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I very much liked the idea and the orchestration!
The change at 1:13 seems to me a bit abrupt although, on the other hand, I would have preferred a greater harmonic and orchestrating diversity from that point on. It is just that this particularly development did not completely fulfilled the great expectations that your track created to me until 1:10.
Again, I very much liked your idea!

TGV
06-09-2012, 10:28 AM
"Tom Waits!" was my first thought. Great start, though the loop wears off after some time. Fortunately, it also contain some other nice "stuff": nothing melodic, no chord progressions, but more of a grim mood setting sound, including "Inception" brass, and other elements that provides good contrast. Interesting piece, well executed.

soapmak3r
06-09-2012, 02:48 PM
"Tom Waits!" was my first thought. Great start, though the loop wears off after some time. Fortunately, it also contain some other nice "stuff": nothing melodic, no chord progressions, but more of a grim mood setting sound, including "Inception" brass, and other elements that provides good contrast. Interesting piece, well executed.

It sounds like it would be perfect for a deep male, Tom Waits style vocal, or even a husky female vocal to carry the whole thing. Very nice piece though. :)