PDA

View Full Version : Hostile Force

Karisigurd
06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my latest track. It's a hybrid orchestral track with huge choirs, electronic guitars and shit. Another choir shouting track I guess :P I just have the most fun making this type of music so it's something I really enjoy doing.

http://soundcloud.com/karisigurd4/hostile-force

Used SO, HS, HB, SD2, SC, MOR.
T-RackS for mastering.
Guitar Rig for the guitar effects.

patsukos
06-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Not bad!
It follows the typical ways of its kind -and this is generally good for us, common mortal composers :P
-I believe that the brass section could be a bit more "active" and distinct.
-The Choir, on the other hand, could have been less distinct and more integrated in the whole mix balance.
-Finally, I believe that a variety in dynamics would have made a great difference in the whole picture, although most of us usually forget about it!
Thank for sharing!

JijGaat
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Cool idea, but after a while I've heard enough of the choir :P. Just replace them with brass and I think it's really cooler. Or use them to climax even more. When you give everything away in the beginning, there is nothing really to build up to. And btw, the guitars sound great, turn them up! :)

Karisigurd
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks for listening and commenting, I really appreciate it.

I may have lost myself with the choir a bit, I agree that I should have used it less and put some more emphasis on the brass, I'll just have to keep it in mind next time I do something like this.