PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements for Gold Pro

efiebke
05-19-2005, 04:38 AM
I am contemplating upgrading to Gold Pro from "regular" gold. (Of course that will mean lots of hours in overtime for the $$$ :eek: . . . well worth the extra work. ;) )

Was roaming around the SoundsOnline web site trying to find more info in the upgrade. In particular, I was looking for the minimum/optimum system requirements. I didn't find the info I was looking for. Is it safe to say that the system requirement for the Gold Pro on a PC is about the same as the "regular" Gold?? Also, what is the HD space requirements??? I have a few sound libraries on my second internal 120 GB hard disk drive. Currently there's only about 40 GB's of free space left. I'm thinking that I probably should purchase a larger hard disk drive.

By the way, I really do like the Gold orchestral library. I do plan on upgrading. . . hopefully sooner than later. Of course when the upgrade is made depends on available overtime at work. :o

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. :)

Ted

Dogforester
05-19-2005, 08:49 AM
If you can run gold, you'll be able to run gold pro. :)
dunno how much hardisk space it needs though, By my understanding you keep the original gold on the drive aswell, Gold pro will have all the new samples that are not in gold.
(Please someone correct me if I got that wrong) :)

wayne_rowley
05-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I think the Pro upgrade doubles the size of the library - so you will need an extra 15GB of disk space I would imagine - maybe a bit more for Gold Pro as it contains missing articulations from Platinum.

Other system requirements are unchanged I think.

Wayne

chriscaouette
05-20-2005, 09:50 AM
With the size of this library I cannot see how having a preloaded template beyond the very bascis would be feasable. Even in gold it seems unnecessary to have every instrument loaded and ready to go. Given that a mid level system will work.
Chris

efiebke
05-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Just checking in. . .

Thank you all kindly for your advice. I have about 44 GB's left on the drive that houses the sound libraries. It seems like that upgrade will fit just nicely on the drive. :) But the free space of the drive is getting smaller. I will probably purchase a larger second drive to house the modest collection of sound libraries.

Warm regards,

Ted